India Women vs England Women: Only Test at Bristol: 16th June-19th June 2021 - Indian Women's team playing a test match after 7 years

Gotta admit I don't watch the women play much, last i did was when we lost the t20 final against australia. But I've likes what I've seen so far, especially Shafali verma who bats like Sehwag and the fight shown by some of the others. Drawing from the position they were in is a fantastic effort. 

Edited by rollingstoned
28 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Gotta admit I don't watch the women play much, last i did was when we lost the t20 final against australia. But I've likes what I've seen so far, especially Shafali verma who bats like Sehwag and the fight shown by some of the others. Drawing from the position they were in is a fantastic effort. 

Harmanpreet and Jemimah have gone off the boil in last 2 years. Once they get going, this team will be a handful. Smriti, Shefali, Jemimah, Deepti, Poonam, Harmanpreet plus now Sneh and hopefully Tanya (this was her first good batting performance) is a great top 8.

Time to move on from Mithali and even Jhulan Goswami, both 38+

Edited by ShoonyaSifar

Mithali, Jhulan are legends, icons, great servants of women's cricket but time has caught up with them. Also Kaur has been disappointing the last few years. Need a revamp, some tough decisions to be made. 

Amazing fight though, nothing better in test cricket than a successful rearguard effort. 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Mithali, Jhulan are legends, icons, great servants of women's cricket but time has caught up with them. Also Kaur has been disappointing the last few years. Need a revamp, some tough decisions to be made. 

Amazing fight though, nothing better in test cricket than a successful rearguard effort. 

Kaur was all right. We need her. Mithali has lost her reflex. My ideal top 6  will be Shafali Mandhana Jemima harmanpreet  punam raut deepti sharma.. then followed by a good wk which we are lacking..

Fantastic display by indian women against Eng. Won a t20 match were defeat was certain. Absolutely fantastic squeeze ala dhoni style in last 5 overs.. proud of you gals.. if we win the next match we will tie the overall series on points. We now trail 8-6. Drew test (2 points). Won 1 odi and 1 t20 ( total 4 points)..