How much did lack of 4 seamer hurt India?

NZ was on the other hand was very conservative there was no need to play all five fast bowlers.They should have played a spinner in this match.NZ fast bowlers are one best batting units as Simon Doul was saying with Harsha.They have been the best batting unit in this WTC cycle.So there was no need for extra battting for them.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We do.

Vijay Shankar has done well on away A tours and has a good FC average.

Can bat at No.7 on seaming tracks and bowl seam up.

He is tall, gets bounce and can swing the ball too.

I don't think so, keep that guy away from Indian test team along with Pandya. We don't need either of them in test team.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Just your opinion.

They have the potential to balance our team in SENA.

Not just my opinion.Thankfully it the opinion of selectors too.Bits and pieces players like Pandya and Shankar don't take any team far. They ruin team more than they help.I am glad TM did not select Thakur also in the team for this match.

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We do.

Vijay Shankar has done well on away A tours and has a good FC average.

Can bat at No.7 on seaming tracks and bowl seam up.

He is tall, gets bounce and can swing the ball too.

what's his FC numbers like?

I think in a way the rain has spared the blushes of kohli and shastri

Indian bowlers on any day have not bowled more than 50 overs. Nearly 1.5 days rest between bowling stints. 

Not really bowled an entire day at a stretch. Else the fouth seamer would be sorely missed.

The problem for india is that bumrah shami and ishant are dud with the bat. This means you need a pace bowler who can bat to replace ashwin. Else imo India need a proper batsman and trust jaddu to get through 30 overs in a holding role.

15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah gave away just 23 runs from 15 overs today. Beat the batsmen many times. Could have picked a few wickets on any other day.

Look at his pitch map and bee-hive. They are quite good 

No. He was the worst among all the seamers from both side. He was feeding on the pads. Bowling gun barrel straight. He was so bad that Kohli didn't even bring him against tail.

10 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Not just my opinion.Thankfully it the opinion of selectors too.Bits and pieces players like Pandya and Shankar don't take any team far. They ruin team more than they help.I am glad TM did not select Thakur also in the team for this match.

The selectors will choose and have chosen Hardik in tests if he is fit to bowl.

So it is not their opinion.

And Shankar is playing for India A. So, he maybe next in line.

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

No. He was the worst among all the seamers from both side. He was feeding on the pads. Bowling gun barrel straight. He was so bad that Kohli didn't even bring him against tail.

That is incorrect. He did not bowl on the pads.

And Kohli did not being him against the tail as he had already bowled 2 full spells in that session.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

At No.7 we need a batsman who can bowl.a few overs to give rest to the main bowlers.

at no. 7 Jadeja is doing fine job with bat and is a core member

Its only about replacing Ashwin

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

The TM are more eager to replace Jaddu if only 1 spinner plays.

Candidates for No.7 ... Hardik, Shankar

Candidates for No.8 ... Shardul 

Last time Ash played over Jaddu was in NZ,but then we used to play 7 bats

Shardul's numbers are more of a no. 9.You need 25 average in FC.Or he has to make it as a bowler first only

14 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

So bad that Kohli got him to start the morning and post lunch sessions?

He had bowled 15 overs of the 40 overs we had bowled. Cannot keep bowling him. He did a fine holding job today. Even with the new ball when Shami and Ishant attacked and gave some runs, Bumrah's 3 over spell read 3-0-5-0.