Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri unhappy over selector Chetan Sharma's decision to include Abhimanyu Easwaran

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

There is something called the “eye test” and he doesn’t  pass that. This is actually a 100 he scored. Then again Pujara etc are not pleasing to watch either. Good luck to him

You contradicted your own statement and proved my point. Elegance/Technique is not everything.Steve Smith wouldnt pass the eye test too.

In above video,he looks compact apart from against short stuff.But the bowling and pitch looks docile so tough to judge.

More importantly,hes done well on A tours.

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Does this guy pass the "eye test"?

Yes he did. There was something “It factor” about him. I was one of the first few people on ICF who said he wasn’t a hack and got ridiculed for it.

Edited by maniac

This steve Smith comparison is wrong. Smith started out as a spinner and used to play some fighting knocks batting at 7-8 and used to play some stunning shots almost like Dhoni and other unorthodox batsmen did. Blessed with natural hand eye coordination, Stone cold temperament and amazing accumen.

don’t see any such qualities in Easwaran. A good fringe/ domestic player who doesn’t have that next level. Happy to be proven wrong.

4 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

100% sure Kohli-Shastri opposing Easwaran is their way of taking revenge on Ganguly. Absolutely no reason for them suddenly discovering Easwaran is not good enough.

taking revenge for what, giving them free hand? 

1 minute ago, Serpico said:

taking revenge for what, giving them free hand? 

Shastri for obvious reasons - Ganguly was bitterly opposed to his selection as a coach. Plus there's a likelihood Shastri's contract will not be renewed after T20 WC.

Kohli for not getting direct support from Dada when he's under the scanner post WTC.

21 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

100% sure Kohli-Shastri opposing Easwaran is their way of taking revenge on Ganguly. Absolutely no reason for them suddenly discovering Easwaran is not good enough.

This sounds too complicated and maybe too controversial. 

Proper Bollywood masala stuff with zero proof. 

I don't think Kohli has the brains to carry out all these controversy theories which you blame him for, he is just inept at judging talent. That's it.

2 hours ago, CodeOfWisden said:

I don't think Kohli has the brains to carry out all these controversy theories which you blame him for, he is just inept at judging talent. That's it.

Do you need brain for it? 

2 hours ago, CodeOfWisden said:

Initially I also saw Kohli's actions through the Hanlon's razor "never attribute to malice which can be explained by stupidity'.

But with predictable and repeatable patterns, you have to start seeing through the evil mind. Add in the high stakes (read $$$$ and absolute power) involved and it's even more easier to understand what's going on behind the scenes.

On 7/13/2021 at 9:58 PM, ShoonyaSifar said:

Initially I also saw Kohli's actions through the Hanlon's razor "never attribute to malice which can be explained by stupidity'.

But with predictable and repeatable patterns, you have to start seeing through the evil mind. Add in the high stakes (read $$$$ and absolute power) involved and it's even more easier to understand what's going on behind the scenes.

Its just fans who kept giving him rope. Not me. **** should have been called out long long back. Indian teams fAns do not need to behave like football club fans  Lionel messi will leave Barcelona but he can’t leave Argentina.

On 7/12/2021 at 6:50 PM, maniac said:

There is something called the “eye test” and he doesn’t  pass that. This is actually a 100 he scored. Then again Pujara etc are not pleasing to watch either. Good luck to him

how did rayudu n iyer pass ur eye test ??? God damn awful looking batsman both .

Neither pujara or vihari are pleasing to eye 

He looks to have a tight game , dont see anything wrong with him getting a chance. What alister cook or graeme smith do we have in domestic

• Mayank is struggling with technique 
  • Gill injured n struggling
  • Shaw has his issues
  • KL rahul hasnt played any red ball cricket in last 2 yrs , may be even more
  • Rohit is looking our best bet and he hasnt crossed 80 overseas in his entire career

Someone will have to open

TM shud go easy on him as he has come to team after making runs in domestic n A tours. Also being a red ball player he hasnt gotten a chance to play much cricket in last yr due to lack of domestic cricket n no IPL contract. Not playing this long can affect anyone timing which may be the case in nets. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

TM shud go easy on him as he has come to team after making runs in domestic n A tours. Also being a red ball player he hasnt gotten a chance to play much cricket in last yr due to lack of domestic cricket n no IPL contract. Not playing this long can affect anyone timing which may be the case in nets. 

Easy?

TM should shut their mouth and do their job. Selection is selectors job. TM responsibility doesn't include review of those decisions.

If there are any issues it should be passed to BCCI. Why is it out in media?

If BCCI seeks review after the series, TM can share official report. What is this crap of being happy and unhappy?

Drama chal raha hai kya?

5 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

:hmmm:

Reminds of that 96 tour ,sidhu (Punjab opener)returned and sourav got his chance amidst quite a bit of criticism,and the biggest detractor of Ganguly was bedi(Delhi).

Wasnt pidhu returned back in between of Windies Tour?

10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how did rayudu n iyer pass ur eye test ??? God damn awful looking batsman both .

Neither pujara or vihari are pleasing to eye 

He looks to have a tight game , dont see anything wrong with him getting a chance. What alister cook or graeme smith do we have in domestic

• Mayank is struggling with technique 
  • Gill injured n struggling
  • Shaw has his issues
  • KL rahul hasnt played any red ball cricket in last 2 yrs , may be even more
  • Rohit is looking our best bet and he hasnt crossed 80 overseas in his entire career

Someone will have to open

“eye test” is just about elegance or bowling style. For example Washington Sundar as I said long time back there was something about him, just his ice cold temperament while bowling  at 18-19 the first time I saw him even though he wasn’t bowling like a Warne or something.

Similarly you posted a video of Dube smacking those 6’s and some of the strikes did look yuviesque but  the bowling and just that extra time you can tell was lacking. Lesser said about his bowling the better.

Iyer and Rayudu are not elegant and I would add Pandey to that list but trust me they will make runs on any pitch. They will scratch, claw, give chances but they will get to a 30-40 on most occasions which may or may not be useful to the team cause. Making runs is also an ability. That’s what I saw  about them.

Edited by maniac

Eye test is way more than just style and elegance, the level of bowling Easwaran faces in domestic cricket isn't the same he is going to face in international, you have to judge him by looking at how he plays against good balls, how he handles bounce, how he handles a pacer on song etc instead of just checking  his stats, even Vihari averaged 60 in our domestic cricket.