Vikram - Kamal Hassan+ Fahaad Faasil + Vijay sethupathi

Ankit_sharma03

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Top 3 in the country? Not by my understanding of cinema/acting.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

By the way I am not sure of Top 3

by the way i never wrote top 3....i wrote 3 of India's best . If i have come across in wrong words- well i meant among the best of the best like the top of the top list list they ll be their and if u want to be specific definately these 3 will be in top 10 . Mohan lal wud be way ahead for me then Sethupathi

But making top 3 wud be hard n actually wrong

Its actually difficult to rank anyone 1-2-3 coz of many factors involved. I cannot dismiss guys like Naseer, Pankaj kapoor, Irffan, Nawaz, Mohanlal, Pankaj . 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I though that was the interesting part of the movie. His transformation in one scene from a weak dancer husband to a RAW agent. One of his best in recent years. 

Absolutely i loved it, infact he didnt make a caricature out of the dance teacher which many wud have 

6 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I though that was the interesting part of the movie. His transformation in one scene from a weak dancer husband to a RAW agent. One of his best in recent years. 

The transformation part, the whole sequence, was good. 

59 minutes ago, ash said:

While we are on this topic, do check out sarpatta parambarai on Amazon prime. Very good movie based on boxing. 

Read reviews which said it is for fans of Arya, not a fan of him. So avoiding. Last I saw was Vettai, okayish action. Avoiding mainstream movies. Vishal is good among next gen stars

Edited by coffee_rules

18 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Read reviews which said it is for fans of Arya, not a fan of him. So avoiding. Last I saw was Vettai, okayish action. Avoiding mainstream movies. Vishal is good among next gen stars

There is no fan base for Arya. he is not like the superstars, so I don't know what you mean by only for Arya fans. The film has got rave reviews from everyone.

Edited by ash

On 7/22/2021 at 7:32 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

but have u seen their work that to in large volume ?

Seen Kumbalangi Nights

You and a few others had recommended it.

Again good movie? Yes 

Any wow factor? No. 

Let's just say that Fahad is a very good actor but not someone *I* would term as a genius.

80s and 90s Kamal was so damn good, then declined like ARR, Mani Ratnam. Still some glimpses of past greatness in the last 20 years: Hey  Ram, Anbe Sivam, Papanasam, Uttama Villain. 

Haven't watched enough Indian movies to come up with a greatest/best list, but Kamal is one of my favorite actors. 

On 7/22/2021 at 1:51 PM, Mariyam said:

Yes, I've seen these. And 'ek duje ke liye'.

Is Kamal a great actor? Yes.

In Sadma, I thought he was bested by Sridevi. She was a far more impactful performer in that movie.

Wrong to judge him from Hindi movies, can you imagine a Big B or Aamir Khan clicking in South movies?

Nayagan

Thevar Magan

Kuruthipunal

Pushpak

Anbe Sivam

Those are the kind of movies that define him as an actor.

Yes, I've seen these. And 'ek duje ke liye'.
Is Kamal a great actor? Yes.

In Sadma, I thought he was bested by Sridevi. She was a far more impactful performer in that movie.

Acting is so subjective.Different people have different views.

But yes,people with low emotional intelligence are always impressed by histrionics.

23 hours ago, Gollum said:

Wrong to judge him from Hindi movies, can you imagine a Big B or Aamir Khan clicking in South movies?

Nayagan

Thevar Magan

Kuruthipunal

Pushpak

Anbe Sivam

Those are the kind of movies that define him as an actor.

Many more from the 80s and 90s 

Unnal Mudiyum thambi

Aboorva Sagotharargal (Appu Raja in Hindi)

Michael Madana Kama rajan - no particular scene, but just the versatility and transition between the 4 roles

Mahanadi