India tour of Eng - Tour Match, Chester-le-Street (3 day match)

38 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Really hoping they don't play Pujara..  However him opening won't be too bad as he won't have to face spin.  He can neither rotate nor hit out against spin. 

Rahul in middle order will give me some hope. 

i don't think they will pick a spinner. Moeen isn't there in the squad, so leach is the only option but he is not an AR. 

like nz, they can just go with 3 pacers+ 2 pace A/R (curran+stokes) 

12 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I think Bhuvi should be sent to Eng immediately after T20 series ends. I know he is a trundler but his swing will give us wickets with new ball.  Plus he is better batsman than a tailender.  

Deepak chahar is better and fitter option 

6 minutes ago, Serpico said:

i don't think they will pick a spinner. Moeen isn't there in the squad, so leach is the only option but he is not an AR. 

like nz, they can just go with 3 pacers+ 2 pace A/R (curran+stokes) 

Pujara will be worse against likes of Curran or Stokes..  Dude has already got timing issues.  However opening won't be a bad idea.  Any runs he scores there will be bonus.  Genuine Tailender these days he is 

Most likely and possibly strongest England lineup without bhai moeen and rashid.;

Burns

Crawley

Bairstow /sibley/malan (in order)

Root

Stokes

Dan Lawrence (Pope is fodder)

Buttler 

Sam Curran 

Robinson (woakes when woakes comes back)

Broad (replaced with stone or Archer after test2)

Anderson (will play only 2 or 3 games. So has to be replaced by stone or Archer)

Middle order us super strong. Root stokes Buttler Lawrence. Batting depth with Curran and Robinson. 

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Most likely and possibly strongest England lineup without bhai moeen and rashid.;

Burns

Crawley

Bairstow /sibley/malan (in order)

Root

Stokes

Dan Lawrence (Pope is fodder)

Buttler 

Sam Curran 

Robinson (woakes when woakes comes back)

Broad (replaced with stone or Archer after test2)

Anderson (will play only 2 or 3 games. So has to be replaced by stone or Archer)

iddle order us super strong. Root stokes Buttler Lawrence. Batting depth with Curran and Robinson. 

Archer mostly skips the series and focus on Wt20 and Ashes

1 minute ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

With the squad that England have picked, there’s a very high chance we might get a seaming wicket/pitch with minimal spin. Then what’s the point in us playing both Ash and Jaddu? I would rather play Jaddu and Thakur instead of Ash + 3 pacers

Trent bridge anyways is seam friendly.  Only Oval & Leeds would be batting friendly. 

3 minutes ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

With the squad that England have picked, there’s a very high chance we might get a seaming wicket/pitch with minimal spin. Then what’s the point in us playing both Ash and Jaddu? I would rather play Jaddu and Thakur instead of Ash + 3 pacers

Why would you even expect Eng to prepare just a seaming wicket and not an out and out green mamba? They'd want to return the favour of the earlier India tour. I totally expect even Oval to have such a wicket.

Actually, I'll be disappointed if Eng do not prepare 2002 NZ type pitches for all 5 tests. With Bumrah looking out of sorts, our pace attack will not be as effective on such wickets to keep us in the game.

Just now, ShoonyaSifar said:

Why would you even expect Eng to prepare just a seaming wicket and not an out and out green mamba? They'd want to return the favour of the earlier India tour. I totally expect even Oval to have such a wicket.

Actually, I'll be disappointed if Eng do not prepare 2002 NZ type pitches for all 5 tests. With Bumrah looking out of sorts, our pace attack will not be as effective on such wickets to keep us in the game.

You don't need a good pace attack to do well on pitches like those, Bumrah will be unplayable if they prepare nz 2002 kinda pitches.

Also they don't really have batsman who can survive in such conditions, we actually had some players who could play spin. (Rohit and Pant)