England Squad for the 5 Test match series vs India

9 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Yup. Eng will rack up good totals even if their top order fails.

In contrast India will be knocked over quickly once past the misfiring top order. 

I just feel this is going to be a torturous tour for us. At least last time we had a peak kohli to look forward to and Bumrah , Ishant were exceptional as well but this time around... nothing. Maybe pant will do something special in 1 out of the 10 innings and that's that. 

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

I just feel this is going to be a torturous tour for us. At least last time we had a peak kohli to look forward to and Bumrah , Ishant were exceptional as well but this time around... nothing. Maybe pant will do something special in 1 out of the 10 innings and that's that. 

siraj can have a very good tour. ashwin looks fitter than last time and in good streak. even thakur may pull another blinder.

England batting has lot of issues, cook isnt there anymore, both their openers avg in 30s and Crawley is a glorified tailender

34 minutes ago, Serpico said:

England batting has lot of issues, cook isnt there anymore, both their openers avg in 30s and Crawley is a glorified tailender

Yup their batting is quite bad...not only seamers cause them issue but spinners also in their domestic have caused them issue. 

But apni batting ka bhi pata nahin....lets see who bats worse

44 minutes ago, Serpico said:

siraj can have a very good tour. ashwin looks fitter than last time and in good streak. even thakur may pull another blinder.

Yeah sorry I forgot siraj but honestly I don't think he'll play more than 2 tests on this tour. PRat's pecking order is Bumrah>Ishant>Shami>Umesh> Siraj so he might not play until the first 4 are injured or perform awfully in at least 2 games. It took 5 tests for him to bring Jaddu into the team last time around even when Ashwin was performing below par. 

And coming to England, yes their batting is bad but not as bad as last time when they had dud Jennings (worse than Sibley and Burns) , over the hill Cook, rookie Pope, out of form Root & Stokes. Now Root is in the form of his life, Stokes has become mega clutch and Lawrence/Pope etc who're comfortably better than Malan/Bairstow. 

7 hours ago, sage said:

this is a rubbish english bowling line up. hitman will rack up 100s

Don't Don't so sure. He couldn't even handle James fodder. He will face Robinson who is decent. Archer may come in after 2nd test. I agree broad is the same but it's still their home. 

Andy will play every alternate test. May get injured. 

Interested to look at how England will fit in sam curran & woakes (when available for last 3 tests) in their lineup. Broad, Anderson, Robinson all 3 will play along with leach & stokes.

I think playing xi will look similar to this one. They can't give decent batting surface with this attack.

Rory Burns

Hameed/Sibley

Crawley/Sibley

Root

Stokes

Lawrence/Pope

Buttler (wk)

Broad

Robinson

Leach

Anderson

Edited by Nikola
55 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Interested to look at how England will fit in sam curran & woakes (when available for last 3 tests) in their lineup. Broad, Anderson, Robinson all 3 will play along with leach & stokes.

I think playing xi will look similar to this one. They can't give decent batting surface with this attack.

Rory Burns

Hameed/Sibley

Crawley/Sibley

Root

Stokes

Lawrence/Pope

Buttler (wk)

Broad

Robinson

Leach

Anderson

Our dangerous opponents are Sam Curran and moeen ali. 

13 hours ago, Nikola said:

Rory Burns

Hameed/Sibley

Crawley/Sibley

Root

Stokes

Lawrence/Pope

Buttler (wk)

Broad

Robinson

Leach

they'll rest broad/Anderson for atleast two matches. Anderson definitely wants to play one final Ashes, he won't risk it by playing all 5 here