Washington Sundar out of the England tour due to Injury

2 minutes ago, neel roy said:

No he wouldnt have got a chance till test 4. I think Bhuvi might just be the one to be flowing down to uk

Even if he played all 5 test he wouldn't have done well enough to get man of the series lol, he still needs a LOT of improvement in his game before he can actually score big runs in English conditions. 

1 minute ago, CodeOfWisden said:

Even if he played all 5 test he wouldn't have done well enough to get man of the series lol, he still needs a LOT of improvement in his game before he can actually score big runs in English conditions. 

he is a fine young talent. he smoked bowlers like cummins and hazelwood. he would be fine. oh you meant english conditions. See, here is the thing. he is a lefty. lefties are always handy in seaming conditions. i have no doubt he could have stole the show. kid has insane potential. he has all the shots in the book. he is comfortable vs pace, bounce and spin. 

Just now, Jay said:

he is a fine young talent. he smoked bowlers like cummins and hazelwood. he would be fine. oh you meant english conditions. See, here is the thing. he is a lefty. lefties are always handy in seaming conditions. i have no doubt he could have stole the show. kid has insane potential. he has all the shots in the book. he is comfortable vs pace, bounce and spin. 

Bhai we have seen bigger talents fail in English conditions, talent is not the only thing which helps you there. It's the same reason why Shaw won't score much in these conditions, they need to improve, I am not saying that they shouldn't play but we shouldn't expect match winning performances from them in England. 

In Australia your stroke making skills are rewarded in England they are not. 

16 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I think Pandya may get a call too

interesting. 

if pandu salah can bowl then 

could we go with:

pandya 7

thakur 8

siraj

bumrah/bhuvi?

shami

tell me that isnt a deep strong well rounded side? i think this could steal the show vs england. if buvi is anywhere close to full fitness, that only makes us stronger. in england you need these multi dimension or bit part albeit quality players. 

7 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

D Chahar would also be a handy replacement.  He looked better at facing the pace of Chameera & Rajitha + a swing bowler.  I'll take him over Bhuvi here. 

I have a feeling we might have to drop Bumrah after 2nd test.  We might be searching for a swing bowler come the 3rd game. 

dint think of that. He lacks pace though. not sure if it would be an issue but can he bowl 20 overs in a day? 

this is england's bowling stock anyway:

anderson - old, washed up but still dangerous 

broad - finished imo but lets see. one last time maybe

archer - injury prone and not that good in tests tbh. india can play him well.

robinson - trundler but can swing the ball miles. dangerman for us. 

stone - injury prone and wont play more than 1 test imo. he is quality but he always misses games

wood - i think he is mediocre. doubt he will play

curran - real threat to us. 

woakes - real threat to us

i believe our bowling can outbowl them on most pitches but green seamers is not one unless we pick siraj, thakur and bumrah or umesh along with bhuvi. 

Edited by Jay

Umesh yadav seems to be coming in to form.

If bumrah and ishant are not pitching the ball up and umesh and siraj are ..then even umesh can be played.

Team management should take a call purely seeing the conditions..whether the pacers default length suits the conditions.

Bumrah is hit the deck bowler ..he doesn't swing at all...may not be the best 3 pacer for an indian 11.