speedheat

Ireland fast bowler josh little's shoe

33 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Is it done deliberately to release the pressure while landing, to facilitate sliding during final stride? 

Or

Is this the case of lack of resources?

cmon man I can understand if this was some poor African country or something but a guy living in Ireland would be able to afford a shoe at least. They may not have the resources for latest technology or equipment but I am sure they will not be starved off basic resources 

Edited by maniac
4 minutes ago, maniac said:

cmon man I can understand if this was some poor African country or something but a guy living in Ireland would be able to afford a shoe at least. They may not have the resources for latest technology or equipment but I am sure they will not be starved off basic resources 

Oh ok,

I was bit skeptical after Ryan burl post pics of  ripped shoes

I used to do this too. It doesn't happen to most bowlers and there is no obvious solution (e.g., different shoes) but basically the front toe hits the top and end of the shoe which causes bruising and in my case, the toenail to fall off. For me, it was more severe when playing on a hard surface (indoors or astroturf) rather than on a regular pitch.