What do you think will be India's WT20 first XI at this point?

1 hour ago, maniac said:

the one I want and I am sure will be close to it. Just watch.

ok good to see Kishan SKY and Chahar. And no Dhawan :giggle:

but Chahal will play over Chahar for sure. If Iyer is fit,he might push SKY too.

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

ok good to see Kishan SKY and Chahar. And no Dhawan :giggle:

but Chahal will play over Chahar for sure. If Iyer is fit,he might push SKY too.

I don’t want Dhawan in T20 but for odi absolutely one of the first few names in my list

@Lord I don’t know why you keep thinking that I don’t rate any youngsters and only want buddhas in the side. There are a lot of youngsters I rate, in fact no one creates more hype threads for exciting youngsters :giggle: but my point is youngsters not grabbing their chance especially when there is so much competition and standing out.

Do you disagree anything I said on Shaws fitness and fielding? Don’t you think to stand out and compensate from those flaws he needs to perform at the next  level  ?

Dont you think Samson is inconsistent?

Don’t you think Hardik must be made more accountable and kept on his toes especially for a guy who has a A contract?

Numbers matter and stand out performances matter even more in clutch situations.

Not sure why everyone keeps arguing with me on this.

As you know I don’t like trundlers but D.Chahar has won me over showing he is a multi dimensional cricketer

Always rated R.Chahar

Sky might be one guy I got it wrong and he is going through a purple patch and playing like a dream.

Is my assessment of Krunal Pandya as a mediocre cricketer with irritating attitude  wrong?

Also have never criticized Thakur because I see a multi dimensional cricketer giving it his all

Pointed out that Sundar has a clucth gene even before he stood out in Australia 

Backed Siraj even when he was getting abused for getting smashed in T20

Backes Saini too but now changing my opinion of him as time is running out and he is only getting worse.

I have said Gill is there next torch bearer of Indian batting and in fact even when he is a little out of form still back him to

come good.

I am super excited about Tyagi

I still think Khaleel might have a Zak type resurgence. There is some talent there so let’s not write him off like Siraj.

There are a lot more names I can think of.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

@Lord I don’t know why you keep thinking that I don’t rate any youngsters and only want buddhas in the side. There are a lot of youngsters I rate, in fact no one creates more hype threads for exciting youngsters :giggle: but my point is youngsters not grabbing their chance especially when there is so much competition and standing out.

Do you disagree anything I said on Shaws fitness and fielding? Don’t you think to stand out and compensate from those flaws he needs to perform at the next  level  ?

Dont you think Samson is inconsistent?

Don’t you think Hardik must be made more accountable and kept on his toes especially for a guy who has a A contract?

Numbers matter and stand out performances matter even more in clutch situations.

Not sure why everyone keeps arguing with me on this.

As you know I don’t like trundlers but D.Chahar has won me over showing he is a multi dimensional cricketer

Always rated R.Chahar

Sky might be one guy I got it wrong and he is going through a purple patch and playing like a dream.

Is my assessment of Krunal Pandya as a mediocre cricketer with irritating attitude  wrong?

I will also reply same way :P

I don't have any problems with seniors as long as they adapt to modern style and play quick.Infact they have more ability and experience to do so but because of some mental barriers they chose to play cautious.Even Rahul who used to go for it now bats like a scared kitten.That'd still be fine if they could win us good starts in important games.But have failed to do so.So we are constantly making under par scores on all surfaces.

So we are forced to look towards youngsters who are fearless by nature

Shaw does have fitness issues ofcourse.Doesn't even look 21.But his other issue of not converting is not a problem for me at this point.It''ll come by experience.

Always have called Samson reckless.

Hardik is not a youngster anymore :dontknow:.We agree on him.But its also true we need his bowling even for 2 overs in WT20.Can't go with 5 bowlers only.

Has D.Chahar done enough to be considered over Bhuvi?For me he has.

SKY is the best player of spin we have and its crazy how his debut was delayed.There's definitely some politics there.

No one rates Krunal.I'd have Axar and Jaddu as my AR anyday.

18 minutes ago, Lord said:

Shaw does have fitness issues ofcourse.Doesn't even look 21.But his other issue of not converting is not a problem for me at this point.It''ll come by experience.

What is the desperation then? Are we like Pakistan who back Sharjeel and Azam

Khan with the same excuse. 

Rohit,Yuvraj,Jadeja,Pathan,Raina or even Pandya were all given long rope because they could all contribute in other ways.

Fast bowlers it’s obvious why we back them even if most of them are one dimensional.

Look Shaw is an exciting bat but he has to set himself apart when he has other issues. Getting cameos will not be enough and it is unfair on other hungrier and fit players. In fact crying a unfit butter fingers just because he can get you a 40(25) every once in a while sets a wrong precedent. I would have wanted Shaw to get a 150+ in this series or at least chasing score a 80+ but these 40 runs don’t cut it with all the other baggage he has.

The XI that I want

Kishan

Rohit

SKY

Kohli 

Pant

Hardik

Jaddu/Sundar

Thakur

R Chahar

Siraj

Bumrah

I think guys like Kishan SKY & Pant have the ability to smash teams in KO's as we know for a fact that Rohit Rahul Kohli these three will 100% fail when it matters. 

In bowling I have two clutch performers in Siraj & Thakur.  R Chahar is 10× mentally stronger than Chahal. 

Sundar is another guy who is clutch & has got the nerves to deliver when it matters.  Jaddu too has that ability.

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

What is the desperation then? Are we like Pakistan who back Sharjeel and Azam

Khan with the same excuse. 

Rohit,Yuvraj,Jadeja,Pathan,Raina or even Pandya were all given long rope because they could all contribute in other ways.

Fast bowlers it’s obvious why we back them even if most of them are one dimensional.

Look Shaw is an exciting bat but he has to set himself apart when he has other issues. Getting cameos will not be enough and it is unfair on other hungrier and fit players. In fact crying a unfit butter fingers just because he can get you a 40(25) every once in a while sets a wrong precedent. I would have wanted Shaw to get a 150+ in this series or at least chasing score a 80+ but these 40 runs don’t cut it with all the other baggage he has.

Just want someone to get quick starts for now and make use of powerplay.Both Rohit & Dhawan dont do that but atleast Rohit goes crazy when set.

Have Kishan opening if not Shaw.Basically a modern Sehwag to partner modern Tendulkar(not comparing,dont get excited :P)

As for Shaw,hes played just 6 games,3 of them in NZ where everyone bar Kohli failed on thier first tours.He played higher quality attacks than this Lankan teams in IPL this year and was great.It's a matter of time before he starts doing well on intl level too.He's yet to play a LOI at home.

And its not like we haven't backed pure bats.Gambhir,Dhawan,Rayudu were all backed. Pandey continues to play now(I know hes better fielder but overall would take Shaw anyday)

14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The Team that will please the connoisseurs of fine cricket

1. Rohit

2. Dhawan

3. Kohli

4. Rayudu

5. Pandey

6. Kedar

7. Ashwin

8. D.Chahar

9. Bhuvi

10. Chahal

11. I shan't tell the last name

That team would have won the WC 2019 semis :p: only 4 of them played that match out of which 2  had an off day :giggle:

1 hour ago, maniac said:

The irony is Rohit and Kohli with all their accomplishments fail in ICC knockouts so throw them out but replace them with youngsters who can’t score more than 40 against Srilanka C who will come

in smash the big teams in knockouts :laugh:

Hope you remember 2007 WT20?

Many of the youngsters who boarded plane to SA supposedly replaced Sachin,Saurav,Dravid,Zaheer,Nehra,

Kumble

Its better to loose with youngsters than with tested failures(read few seniors),atleast you shortlist few of them and plan accordingly going forward,with seniors they will only get Daduer :wp23:with each passing day

4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Hope you remember 2007 WT20?

Many of the youngsters who boarded plane to SA supposedly replaced Sachin,Saurav,Dravid,Zaheer,Nehra,

Kumble

Its better to loose with youngsters than with tested failures(read few seniors),atleast you shortlist few of them and plan accordingly going forward,with seniors they will only get Daduer :wp23:with each passing day

Bhai I am not against phasing out seniors nor bringing in youngsters. I want the youngsters to earn their shot

From this series would you agree Sky, Chahar bros were the 3 guys who stood out and grabbed their chances? 

In fact Sky and D.Chahar I feel have already earned their shot in the main squad. That’s the kind of impact I am talking about, not just a couple of phaaasht wicket less spells or batting cameos of 30-40.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Bhai I am not against phasing out seniors nor bringing in youngsters. I want the youngsters to earn their shot

From this series would you agree Sky, Chahar bros were the 3 guys who stood out and grabbed their chances? 

In fact Sky and D.Chahar I feel have already earned their shot in the main squad. That’s the kind of impact I am talking about, not just a couple of phaaasht wicket less spells or batting cameos of 30-40.

SKY,Kishan,Chahar bandhus have earned it

Quick 30-40s in t20s matter a lot,you assume guys who we have in place will play long innings like they used to play in odis ,but they don't survive this long anyway eventually leaving too much for the lower order to compensate for initial slow scoring

And how are you so sure these guys can't score big?They can do it,this is a format where consistent individual big scores are not common unless you are a beast Kohli of yesteryears,you have to give this guys time and treat them with patience