What do you think will be India's WT20 first XI at this point?

8 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

SKY,Kishan,Chahar bandhus have earned it

Quick 30-40s in t20s matter a lot,you assume guys who we have in place will play long innings like they used to play in odis ,but they don't survive this long anyway eventually leaving too much for the lower order to compensate for initial slow scoring

And how are you so sure these guys can't score big?They can do it,this is a format where consistent individual big scores are not common unless you are a beast Kohli of yesteryears,you have to give this guys time and treat them with patience

agree with the rest but no one can guarantee if they can score or not that’s where historical data or live examples are needed. There is a difference between Sky/ Kishen and Shaw, they took momentum forward but as an opener you have to maintain a momentum when you get it, if you don’t cash it then there is a problem. It’s not like Shaw is our Sunil Narine, he has other issues. I don’t know why people keep walking around that point where he is a liability in the field.

9 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

The same old tried and tested with a surprise factor thrown in (which will be pathetic selections). I wouldn't be surprised to see Ashwin being picked and benched.

11: Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli, Rahul, Pant, Jadeja, Hardik, Krunal, Chahal, Bhuvi, Bumrah, Nattu

Bench: Pandey/Iyer, SKY, Ashwin, Shami/Deepak Chahar

Ashwin won't be a bad pick at all especially if conditions are on the sluggish side. Teams that we are likely to face in SF/F (Eng, WI) are packed with LHBs. We must look at match-ups instead of overall numbers. I still back Rahul Chahar and Varun C though, just that it will be better to have a few aces up our sleeves. 

Just now, Gollum said:

Ashwin won't be a bad pick at all especially if conditions are on the sluggish side. Teams that we are likely to face in SF/F (Eng, WI) are packed with LHBs. We must look at match-ups instead of overall numbers. I still back Rahul Chahar and Varun C though, just that it will be better to have a few aces up our sleeves. 

Observing  a bit about Kohli's thinking, my reading is he will pick Ashwin (as one of those  usual out of the box selection ideas for an ICC event) and play him just in a match or two.

The assumption I have made is Ashwin having a decent Test series.

12 hours ago, raki05 said:

Jaisey Jaise wc nikat aa raha hai apni team tatti ho rahi hai. Earlier atleast after every major defeat we were finding solace that bench strength is better.

SKY and Kishan are positives. Samson is not as good as those two. He is not adaptable and throws his wicket cheaply after looking like a million dollar.

If Varun C is not playing and India picks Ashwin/Kuldeep/Chahal/R Chahar instead we can kiss T20 WC good bye.

Jadeja and Pandya will be cannon fodder for ENG, SA, WI and AUS batters and to make matters worse Bhuvi, Bumrah also not in greatest of forms.

That leaves a mystery X factor player to get guys like Livingstone, Jason Roy, Conway etc out before they dismantle our team with the red hot form they are in.

Unfortunately Kohli like most on this board will go for "safe" choices in a T20 tourney with every match being a virtual knockout. 

Expect massive failures from Rohit and Kohli as usual and common from them in ICC knockout matches.

BCCI will arrange an emergency bilaterial meaningless tour right after that with Bang, SL, WI or some team to pacify stupid fans so these "seniors" can pad their stats and hit daddy hundreds while claiming "process" is more important than victory and fans will talk about how Rohit and Kohli are ATG after bashing them for WC performances just weeks earlier.

Same thing will happen with 50 over WC as well. Hope people WAKE UP at least then.

31 minutes ago, Baji-Rao said:

thank god even if he's picked, duckmaster terrorist Shahid Afridi won't be there anymore playing for poyzz or else we might have to watch a repeat of history. Man who am i kidding, Afridi is a good u19 prospect and Poyzz with 0 talent might as well end up calling duckridi into the lineup. Scary 

Mission Daily Updates on Twitter: "#OnThisDay 2014 #ShahidAfridi hit 2  sixes on last 2 balls to Ashwin to win a memorable match vs India in  #AsiaCup 2014 " Shahid Afridi you beauty

I know you are trolling so no issues but you do realize right Afridi avgs 23 with bat and 61 with ball against India?

Hitting 2 sixes against Ashwin is no big deal...not the first time a spinner went for runs. Remember what Mike Hussey did to Ajmal? 

If anything Bhajji's six off Amir to win Asia cup 2010 was bigger but no one in India even remembers that. But bcoz Pak wins so less against India....fans like you still remember those 2 sixes from 7 years ago. If there is any proof that Indian cricket has left Pakistan to the dust is evident from fans like you. Who would have thought in 90s that Pakistan team ki itni bura time aayega..lol

Edited by Austin 3:!6

Team I want:

Kishan

Shaw

SKY

Pant (c)

Rahul

H. Pandya

Jadeja

Thakur

D. Chahar

R. Chahar

J. Bumrah (vc)

Reserves:  Sundar, Natarajan, Chakravarthy, Padikkal

Team we'll get:

R. Sharma (vc)

Kohli (c)

Dhawan

SKY (bone thrown, be happy)

Rahul (w/k)

Iyer

Jadeja

B. Kumar

Y. Chahal

J. Bumrah

V. Chakravarthy

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
4 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

What I want:

Kishan

Shaw

SKY

Pant (c)

Rahul

H. Pandya

Jadeja

Thakur

D. Chahar

R. Chahar

J. Bumrah (vc)

Team we'll get:

R. Sharma (vc)

Kohli (c)

Dhawan

SKY (bone thrown, be happy)

Rahul (w/k)

Iyer

Jadeja

B. Kumar

Y. Chahal

J. Bumrah

V. Chakravarthy

You want to open with Kishan and Shaw in world cup and drop Rohit/Kohli from the team? Yeh kuch zyada hi ho gaya :giggle:

34 minutes ago, Baji-Rao said:

thank god even if he's picked, duckmaster terrorist Shahid Afridi won't be there anymore playing for poyzz or else we might have to watch a repeat of history. Man who am i kidding, Afridi is a good u19 prospect and Poyzz with 0 talent might as well end up calling duckridi into the lineup. Scary 

Mission Daily Updates on Twitter: "#OnThisDay 2014 #ShahidAfridi hit 2  sixes on last 2 balls to Ashwin to win a memorable match vs India in  #AsiaCup 2014 " Shahid Afridi you beauty

Only thing our best ever Ball Chewing Expert (our other lejhunds preferred bottle caps) will remember is that we hardly won a T20 match against EenDia when he played. Was he on BCCICC payroll?

Rohit

Rahul

Virat

SKY

Pant

Pandya (hopefully can bowl)

Jadeja

D.Chahar

R.Chahar

M.Shami

J.Bumrah

rest of the squad: Iyer,Kishen,Thakur,Bhuvi,Sundar/Chahal

No Bhuvi on current form but can replace Chahar if needed. Now This looks like a scary X1 or play Thakur for Shami/D.Chahar. Kishen as back up opener and Iyer for SKY in case of form or injury issues.

Thats about it. Really hope Pandya comes back better from this experience. He is a must in T20.

No need for useless  “impact” players or other aggressive tailunt.

Edited by maniac