What do you think will be India's WT20 first XI at this point?

@Ankit_sharma03 let me come up with a new cricketing theory. It is called the Ishant Sharma conundrum.

When I used to support Ishant here I always said when Indian bowling unit sucked as a unit, Ishant always stood out  as the worst because I felt he tried too hard but when Indian attack bowled well as a unit he used to run through line ups kind of like Stuart Broad.

Because Ishant needed support.

Shami in T20 is the same way. In Kings X1 he bowls alongside Trundlers like Cottrell and with all due respect Arshdeep (love this kid. Has nerves of steel) and some useless Aussie BBL phaasht bowlers so he gets hammered but put in him in an attack with someone like Chahar/Bhuvi who can take wickets up front with swing or bowl tightly in PP and have an xfactor bowler like Bumrah, he will become a different beast. He will run through line ups in the middle overs trust me.

Only alternate  option or equivalent is Thakur who adds a lot more with the bat but is similar with lesser bowling skill and can be expensive but can chip away with wickets.

Natarajan and Bumrah can’t be in the same X1. Nattu is the watered down version of Bumrah with his accuracy. Having Bumrah and Natarajan in the same X1 makes the attack one dimensional even though Natarajan has the left arm variety. That’s about it, he is not a Amir type swing bowler or neither a Starc type speed demon but yes apples to apples can be a replacement for Bumrah if required as we will need a death bowler.

Similarly can’t have Bhuvi and Chahar in the same bowling line up.

A fit and firing Bumrah, a swing bowler with the new ball like Bhuvi/Chahar and Shami, this attack will run through line ups provided spinners cooperate and Pandya can chip in.

Edited by maniac

I don’t want Siraj to play international T20. Don’t want him to suffer what Ishant went through, he may win matches singlehandedly 2/10 games but in unfavorable conditions he will get smacked bad and that may destroy his confidence. He is the guy I back to get 400 test wickets. He can earn some easy money in IPL. As we saw in this tour, IPL doesn’t translate to international success all the time.

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

@Ankit_sharma03 let me come up with a new cricketing theory. It is called the Ishant Sharma conundrum.

When I used to support Ishant here I always said when Indian bowling unit sucked as a unit, Ishant always stood out  as the worst because I felt he tried too hard but when Indian attack bowled well as a unit he used to run through line ups kind of like Stuart Broad.

Because Ishant needed support.

Shami in T20 is the same way. In Kings X1 he bowls alongside Trundlers like Cottrell and with all due respect Arshdeep (love this kid. Has nerves of steel) and some useless Aussie BBL phaasht bowlers so he gets hammered but put in him in an attack with someone like Chahar/Bhuvi who can take wickets up front with swing or bowl tightly in PP and have an xfactor bowler like Bumrah, he will become a different beast. He will run through line ups in the middle overs trust me.

Only alternate  option or equivalent is Thakur who adds a lot more with the bat but is similar with lesser bowling skill and can be expensive but can chip away with wickets.

Natarajan and Bumrah can’t be in the same X1. Nattu is the watered down version of Bumrah with his accuracy. Having Bumrah and Natarajan in the same X1 makes the attack one dimensional even though Natarajan has the left arm variety. That’s about it, he is not a Amir type swing bowler or neither a Starc type speed demon but yes apples to apples can be a replacement for Bumrah if required as we will need a death bowler.

Similarly can’t have Bhuvi and Chahar in the same bowling line up.

A fit and firing Bumrah, a swing bowler with the new ball like Bhuvi/Chahar and Shami, this attack will run through line ups provided spinners cooperate and Pandya can chip in.

Shami struggles coz he lacks variety and bowls veyr predictable lengths in t20 which is where jaddu also struggles as bowler in t20 and he is inconsistent at death as he will land few good yorker but will also feed some length balls

Nattu is left armer so that creates a left arm angle

Why siraj is a must coz he has all the tools  - he can bowl in any situation of the match 

Siraj works as combo with deepak with new ball

Siraj works as combo with bumrah at death

Nattu doesnt work with new ball

Shami leaks a lot at death and at times even at start

Chahar is decent in death but not as good as bumrah

Bhuvi if he gets back to his 100% is one of world top t20 bowlers

Thakur can leak runs any time, he works best when opposition is under pressure of chasing

so its siraj that creates the balance in the attack over anyone

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Shami struggles coz he lacks variety and bowls veyr predictable lengths in t20 which is where jaddu also struggles as bowler in t20 and he is inconsistent at death as he will land few good yorker but will also feed some length balls

Nattu is left armer so that creates a left arm angle

Why siraj is a must coz he has all the tools  - he can bowl in any situation of the match 

Siraj works as combo with deepak with new ball

Siraj works as combo with bumrah at death

Nattu doesnt work with new ball

Shami leaks a lot at death and at times even at start

Chahar is decent in death but not as good as bumrah

Bhuvi if he gets back to his 100% is one of world top t20 bowlers

Thakur can leak runs any time, he works best when opposition is under pressure of chasing

so its siraj that creates the balance in the attack over anyone

that’s why he should bowl in the middle overs to create pressure. He has had similar success in odis also.

No I am saying this right now playing Siraj in T20 will be a big mistake from his and India’s future perspective.

12 hours ago, maniac said:

that’s why he should bowl in the middle overs to create pressure. He has had similar success in odis also.

No I am saying this right now playing Siraj in T20 will be a big mistake from his and India’s future perspective.

who'll bowl in the death then?

13 hours ago, maniac said:

He even leaks runs in Middle 

ODI is a different game, Im a huge shami fan in ODI and always prefer him over bhuvi in ODI but in t20 bhuvi is miles ahead of shami

13 hours ago, maniac said:

thats the challenge for every modern day bowler, he is bowling at his best if not now then when

Rohit 

Rahul (with license to go all guns blazing in the pp) 

SKY

Kohli

Iyer

Pandya

Jadeja

Sundar

R Chahar

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Capable batters all way until 10 so we won't see a "145/4 in 15 overs to 161 all out 19 " sort of madness. 

Bowling looks okayish. Sundar is underrated as a T20 spinner. Can give us valuable tight overs in the PP. If there is some help for seamers then play Shardul in place of Jadeja at 7. 

30 minutes ago, Norman said:

Rohit 

Rahul (with license to go all guns blazing in the pp) 

SKY

Kohli

Iyer

Pandya

Jadeja

Sundar

R Chahar

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Capable batters all way until 10 so we won't see a "145/4 in 15 overs to 161 all out 19 " sort of madness. 

Bowling looks okayish. Sundar is underrated as a T20 spinner. Can give us valuable tight overs in the PP. If there is some help for seamers then play Shardul in place of Jadeja at 7. 

You dont want Pant?

Rohit, Rahul, SKY, Kohli (c), Pant, Hardik,

Jadeja, Deepak Cahar/Sundar/Varun (depending on conditions), Rahul Chahar, Bhuvi, Bumrah

if Varun is playing he bats at no 11 and everyone from Rahul Chahar moves a spot up. Siraj can replace Bhuvi if he can improve his batting/slogging ability (something like Hasan Ali)

Edited by QuarantineTormentino

Has Kohli not stated in the media that he will most likely open in the T20 WC?

Im sure his role will be to anchor the innings and frustrate us with a run a ball scoring rate, which is "fine" if the batsmen all around him go into attacking mode as we do bat deep.

Hitman

Kohli

KL

SKY

Pant

Pandya

Jaddu

R Chahar

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Chahal

While Charha and Bhuvi can bat, they wont win us a game nor get us to a competitive total, but more than capable of doing enough if the Top 7 do their part IMO. The less said about Bumrah and Chahal batting, the better, which is fine if their bowling delivers.

We need our top 7 batsmen capable of winning a game or changing the momentum of a game, which all have done in the past.

Current form, conditions and opposition will dictate whether Pandya, Charhar and Chahal play or not.

Pandya and Jaddu in the field will be a massive asset if they have their confidence levels up.

11 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Has Kohli not stated in the media that he will most likely open in the T20 WC?

Im sure his role will be to anchor the innings and frustrate us with a run a ball scoring rate, which is "fine" if the batsmen all around him go into attacking mode as we do bat deep.

Hitman

Kohli

KL

SKY

Pant

Pandya

Jaddu

R Chahar

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Chahal

While Charha and Bhuvi can bat, they wont win us a game nor get us to a competitive total, but more than capable of doing enough if the Top 7 do their part IMO. The less said about Bumrah and Chahal batting, the better, which is fine if their bowling delivers.

We need our top 7 batsmen capable of winning a game or changing the momentum of a game, which all have done in the past.

Current form, conditions and opposition will dictate whether Pandya, Charhar and Chahal play or not.

Pandya and Jaddu in the field will be a massive asset if they have their confidence levels up.

Went back on it next game :giggle: