Drop Hardik pandya from T20

His Razzaisque stance is mere delusion to him,let me explain it to you

He has developed that stance to counter attack incoming yorkers,Razzaq had this stance to do the same,but difference is back then therw was no 2 new ball rule ,bowlers used to reverse with great effect, that's an effective stance to dispatch fast incoming yorkers plus Razzaq used to play long handle had a fair reach

Today things have changed bowlers have evolved they bowl wide wide and bring one back in to surprise(even if you don't have problems playing that tail in),Hardik is struggling with this

Bowlers with good pace will always trouble him as he has limited himself

There was no need to complicate things,he had a range of shots which sadly has been limited

No way.. Still our best T20 hitter at the end overs.. Will do well in UAE.. Needs to sort out his attitude.

That said, he should not be an automatic selection in ODIs any more.. Open it up to others who can contribute with bat and ball, and let Pandya earn his place

He is not versatile enough, he has his zone & if the bowler don't bowl in that area he can easily be restricted especially when he comes in with 2-3 overs left. He neither scoops nor reverse, just give me length ball or short I ll try n whack.

The issue I see here is that he has to bat no lesser than 5 to make an impact with bat. He has to be treated as a batsman & given more overs to bat. But that seems implausible with current Indian setup. Basic issue with the Indian XI in T20 cricket is presence of both Rohit & Kohli in the XI i.e. basically two players with similar roles & same modus operandi in top 3. You add in Dhawan (most likely), it's a disaster waiting to happen. 

On Hardik, good bowlers, which he will encounter in abundance in the WC, will restrict him quite readily with his current methods. He needs more overs to bat & make an impact.

26 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

He is not versatile enough, he has his zone & if the bowler don't bowl in that area he can easily be restricted especially when he comes in with 2-3 overs left. He neither scoops nor reverse, just give me length ball or short I ll try n whack.

The issue I see here is that he has to bat no lesser than 5 to make an impact with bat. He has to be treated as a batsman & given more overs to bat. But that seems implausible with current Indian setup. Basic issue with the Indian XI in T20 cricket is presence of both Rohit & Kohli in the XI i.e. basically two players with similar roles & same modus operandi in top 3. You add in Dhawan (most likely), it's a disaster waiting to happen. 

On Hardik, good bowlers, which he will encounter in abundance in the WC, will restrict him quite readily with his current methods. He needs more overs to bat & make an impact.

He doesn't need to play ramps and scoops with his older stance he used to play on both sides,i have seen this

He had a good range , deliveries which he is not reaching today were lofted over covers with immense power,he is now even getting cramped with this wierd stance,lower or up the order he doesn't need to change anything which wasn't broken in the first place,he has basically complicated things for himself ,he was going well untill he did this

Edited by Suhaan

SDP is a long term investment for Ind. He is going to be one of the key players for Ind this decade. 

SDP, Pant, Bumrah, etc., are all key players for Ind, who should be given confidence and opportunities to fail. Dropping is for senior players who would be past their best. 

If people are judging players after every game, something is wrong with them. Acting as if India has to win every game where every player performs. They do not understand sports, highlighting a lack of sports culture in India. No wonder Cricket Talk has gone to the dogs!  

2 hours ago, Sgattick10 said:

Still one of our best lower order hitters

Key is lower order. In this ODI/T20, he has played up the order based on some unverified hype and he has faltered. He can only play in slog overs and some fans want him to open in ODIs and replace Rohit. 

35 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

In this ODI/T20, he has played up the order based on some unverified hype and he has faltered. 

That is not accurate as when SDP has got the opportunity to settle down with lots of overs remaining, he has generally played good knocks whether it is 80 odd v Pak, 2 90s v Aus, the 60 odd v Eng and so on 

If he plays up the order, which he is good enough to do (has a test 100, a 90 in SA, and so on), eventually his avg will be a lot higher than his current one. He plays down the order because we have batsmen who can play at the top but not do what SDP can do such as go after the bowling from ball one 

Edited by zen
3 hours ago, zen said:

SDP is a long term investment for Ind. He is going to be one of the key players for Ind this decade. 

SDP, Pant, Bumrah, etc., are all key players for Ind, who should be given confidence and opportunities to fail. Dropping is for senior players who would be past their best. 

If people are judging players after every game, something is wrong with them. Acting as if India has to win every game where every player performs. They do not understand sports, highlighting a lack of sports culture in India. No wonder Cricket Talk has gone to the dogs!  

Long term investment? This decade?

He's 28 in a few months, these are the peak years, how much longer do we have to wait?

With his injury record, attitude and that teams have worked him out will be a surprise if he's still relevant in a couple of years. 

7 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Long term investment? This decade?

He's 28 in a few months, these are the peak years, how much longer do we have to wait?

With his injury record, attitude and that teams have worked him out will be a surprise if he's still relevant in a couple of years. 

What is “we”? … What are you waiting for? For him to play like a top order batsman, batting at #6-7?

He is doing fine for a #6-7 batsman. Attitude is pretty good too esp. when you look how hard he worked on his fitness post injury 

28 is not old, when cricketers easily play till 35. Pollard is 34 for e.g. 

Edited by zen
4 hours ago, zen said:

What is “we”? … What are you waiting for? For him to play like a top order batsman, batting at #6-7?

He is doing fine for a #6-7 batsman. Attitude is pretty good too esp. when you look how hard he worked on his fitness post injury 

28 is not old, when cricketers easily play till 35. Pollard is 34 for e.g. 

He came early in the Sri Lanka ODI series and failed. That is why top order can't rely on him and play like 160/4 at 25 overs like youngsters- Shaw, Kishan and SKY played in ODIs.

51 minutes ago, Majestic said:

He came early in the Sri Lanka ODI series and failed. That is why top order can't rely on him and play like 160/4 at 25 overs like youngsters- Shaw, Kishan and SKY played in ODIs.

What he did vs Aus and England doesn't count but two failures vs SL in ODIs make him an unreliable player?

45 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Not many care about SL series at all. There are no issues even if he gets 3 0s as it gives opportunity to other players as well in a random series such as this … Good upcoming players need to go through such series too as a part of learning experience  … In the full strength line up, Ind will have other experienced players in lower middle order too 

Note that ppl know that he has scored 80 odd v Pak, 2 90s in Aus recently, a 60 v Eng and so on 

12 hours ago, Suhaan said:

His Razzaisque stance is mere delusion to him,let me explain it to you

He has developed that stance to counter attack incoming yorkers,Razzaq had this stance to do the same,but difference is back then therw was no 2 new ball rule ,bowlers used to reverse with great effect, that's an effective stance to dispatch fast incoming yorkers plus Razzaq used to play long handle had a fair reach

Today things have changed bowlers have evolved they bowl wide wide and bring one back in to surprise(even if you don't have problems playing that tail in),Hardik is struggling with this

Bowlers with good pace will always trouble him as he has limited himself

There was no need to complicate things,he had a range of shots which sadly has been limited

The day in IPl he suddenly changed his stance..  I said he would have trouble.  He is a dud against spin as his hitting base is not stable. 

He can't innovate that we know.  Clever bowlers will exploit his weaknesses.