Indian fast bowling bench strength

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah and Shami have been the fab 2 actually. ( Shami not in T20Is )

In a really long career, Ishant has had just a few good years in tests and that too primarily outside Asia.

Umesh has been good only in tests in Asia in the last few years.

Bhuvi has been good in T20Is. In tests he lacked the fitness to play regularly for a decent number of years.

From now on, our selectors should focus on 

1. Bumrah

2. Siraj

3. Shami. (  not in T20Is )

4. Prasidh  (  not in T20Is )

5. Tyagi

6. Shardul as a bowling all-rounder 

7. D.Chahar ( for T20s only.)

D. Chahar can be groomed for ODis also. Can bat a bit and if he improves some fitness and may be add a few yards can replace Bhuvi easily. Was really impressed by his batting.

it’s not just about shot making but his temperament and calculative innings won me over. We need more of these multi dimensional cricketers who are adequate in one skill.

5 hours ago, maniac said:

D. Chahar can be groomed for ODis also. Can bat a bit and if he improves some fitness and may be add a few yards can replace Bhuvi easily. Was really impressed by his batting.

it’s not just about shot making but his temperament and calculative innings won me over. We need more of these multi dimensional cricketers who are adequate in one skill.

He is also tough and gritty which I like. 

Tyagi

Prasidh

Avesh Khan

Shardul

Kuldeep sen

I dare say even nagaswalla is very good. Seen him play for Gujarat. He can bowl with pace and intensity. 

Saini is still good in red ball. We haven't seen the best of him. Bit worried about injuries though. What's the use of going to gym? Saini I mean. Get stronger and don't build beach muscles. 

Do not write of mavi. Kid has immense potential. He can be our next shami. Has the pace and bounce. Just needs to stay injury free. 

So there is some talent there for sure. Siraj bumrah shami yadav are going no where for another 2 to 3 years atleast. So have to wait. 

Porel if he bounces back

Edited by Jay

We will see about Bumrah..... I don't think he is doing anything different post injury. I think that people have figured out his action and studied him and are prepared for what he dpes as a bowler.

Now comes the part where he has pressure on himself to perform and we will see how it goes.

1 minute ago, AKane said:

We will see about Bumrah..... I don't think he is doing anything different post injury. I think that people have figured out his action and studied him and are prepared for what he dpes as a bowler.

Now comes the part where he has pressure on himself to perform and we will see how it goes.

might benefit from a season of county cricket but too valuable as a franchise player 

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Tyagi

Prasidh

Avesh Khan

Shardul

Kuldeep sen

I dare say even nagaswalla is very good. Seen him play for Gujarat. He can bowl with pace and intensity. 

Saini is still good in red ball. We haven't seen the best of him. Bit worried about injuries though. What's the use of going to gym? Saini I mean. Get stronger and don't build beach muscles. 

Do not write of mavi. Kid has immense potential. He can be our next shami. Has the pace and bounce. Just needs to stay injury free. 

So there is some talent there for sure. Siraj bumrah shami yadav are going no where for another 2 to 3 years atleast. So have to wait. 

Porel if he bounces back

There is good talent coming up. Divyanshu Singh and Prince Badiani both 16-17 year old 6 feet 6 giants.

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

There is good talent coming up. Divyanshu Singh and Prince Badiani both 16-17 year old 6 feet 6 giants.

one more man. i am forgetting his name. he is very lean. good physique. tall. fast. already 140 plus. only 23 or something. 

pradeep chamoli. very good talent coming through. 

15 minutes ago, Jay said:

one more man. i am forgetting his name. he is very lean. good physique. tall. fast. already 140 plus. only 23 or something. 

pradeep chamoli. very good talent coming through. 

Pradeep Chamoli from Uttarakhand?

Just now, rkt.india said:

I thought you knew him that's why so confident about him. While I am here in Dehradun, I knew about him but didn't think he was pacy. 

Just watched some ranji games. Looked quick. I am normally quite good at judging pace but perhaps I am wrong on this one. I need to double check. Maybe express pacer knows better.