Herschelle Gibbs rakes in dirty controversy again, tries to play KPL and then blames BCCI's "political agenda"

10 minutes ago, speed_thrills said:

You missed to mention one more purpose ---- shout your handle at every given opportunity.

Well, there is a political element, but I don’t think that was the original intention, maybe I am wrong. 

10 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Yes both sides have their share of blame.

I know nothing about the Kashmir that Pakistan occupies. I don't know what people there feel about us ( Indians). I don't think they want to be a part of India either. It's something that some media outlets would show clippings of, but that should be taken with a grain of salt. Why would they? 

Your" Is what India doing to Kashmir right"  very difficult to answer in a yes/no.

I don't doubt the intentions of the Indian state in Kashmir. The intention has always been to get the Kashmiris into the mainstream. To some extent, India has succeeded.

The state of India spent ( without taking into account military $) the highest amount of $ per capita on the erstwhile state of J&K. For some of the lowest tax returns. That is a declaration of intent.

The Indian state has also tried to keep the territorial sovereignty of the J and K intact. Indian hasn't ceded any of the land to China.

The Indian state funds studies on the Kashmiri language. Bears costs of publications of certain newspapers etc. 

Start ups/businesses find it easier to get state funding in J&K than many other states.

Have there been excesses? Have there been violations of human rights? Ofcourse, there have. It would be stupid to deny that. 

But those are mainly acts of individual excesses not state policy.

I can only hope that Kashmiris have access to legal recourse in such cases as is their right. No other way to get them into the mainstream than to make them feel that the state is accountable. 

Now with Article 370 abrogated there is a very good chance that the private sector starts pumping money into Kashmir. It will happen at some point. That means jobs/opportunities which generally keep disgruntled people content. I am hopeful.

If anecdotal evidence means anything, most people I have come across in Kashmir (as a tourist) seemed content. And had enough of the restrictions/fighting and just wanted to get on with their lives. Many tour operators/souvenir shop owners  try to mark up prices and swindle you. How much more mainstream Indian can you get!

What is the blame on India ? It has always been reciprocal, the excesses are to the control of the situation where terrorists hid behind women and children and have violated human rights of the army as well. So, the response fits the action. Indian stance with PoK has always been that Pak has occupied Indian territory. I have read equal excesses in PoK by ISI/Pak Army over hapless citizens. No Indian govt (Congress, BJP or thirs front) will accept LoC as the border. 

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

What is the blame on India ? It has always been reciprocal, the excesses are to the control of the situation where terrorists hid behind women and children and have violated human rights of the army as well. So, the response fits the action. Indian stance with PoK has always been that Pak has occupied Indian territory. I have read equal excesses in PoK by ISI/Pak Army over hapless citizens. No Indian govt (Congress, BJP or thirs front) will accept LoC as the border. 

Lol, if the army never took any action then J&K would have been no different from taliban. Vaishnoo devi temple would have been blown away long ago and Ladakh would have lost it's culture.

Edited by MechEng

BCCI ups the ante. Unconfirmed news reports say BCCI has categorically told non-Pakistani crew members that they cannot work on future BCCI events in India if they travel to Pakistan Illegally Occupied Kashmir to cover this illegal event.. 

Basically asking evey to chose between us and them. Well done Jay Shah 

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
7 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Lol, if army never took any action then J&K would have been no different than taliban. Vaishnoo devi temple would have been blown away long ago and Ladakh would have lost it's culture.

We are always relegated to do monkey-balancing for world opinion, While China takes over Tibet and Pakistan over Baloch, but our liberal citizens keep blaming both sides for Kashmir situation 

Edited by coffee_rules
On 8/4/2021 at 6:33 AM, Mariyam said:

Yes both sides have their share of blame.

I know nothing about the Kashmir that Pakistan occupies. I don't know what people there feel about us ( Indians). I don't think they want to be a part of India either. It's something that some media outlets would show clippings of, but that should be taken with a grain of salt. Why would they? 

Your" Is what India doing to Kashmir right"  very difficult to answer in a yes/no.

I don't doubt the intentions of the Indian state in Kashmir. The intention has always been to get the Kashmiris into the mainstream. To some extent, India has succeeded.

The state of India spent ( without taking into account military $) the highest amount of $ per capita on the erstwhile state of J&K. For some of the lowest tax returns. That is a declaration of intent.

The Indian state has also tried to keep the territorial sovereignty of the J and K intact. Indian hasn't ceded any of the land to China.

The Indian state funds studies on the Kashmiri language. Bears costs of publications of certain newspapers etc. 

Start ups/businesses find it easier to get state funding in J&K than many other states.

Have there been excesses? Have there been violations of human rights? Ofcourse, there have. It would be stupid to deny that. 

But those are mainly acts of individual excesses not state policy.

I can only hope that Kashmiris have access to legal recourse in such cases as is their right. No other way to get them into the mainstream than to make them feel that the state is accountable. 

Now with Article 370 abrogated there is a very good chance that the private sector starts pumping money into Kashmir. It will happen at some point. That means jobs/opportunities which generally keep disgruntled people content. I am hopeful.

If anecdotal evidence means anything, most people I have come across in Kashmir (as a tourist) seemed content. And had enough of the restrictions/fighting and just wanted to get on with their lives. Many tour operators/souvenir shop owners  try to mark up prices and swindle you. How much more mainstream Indian can you get!

On 8/4/2021 at 6:33 AM, Mariyam said:

I agree and also ab hai 33 lakh domicile residents vaha, isliye yeh bhi census mein aagye. 

On 8/4/2021 at 9:25 PM, coffee_rules said:

We are always relegated to do monkey-balancing for world opinion, While China takes over Tibet and Pakistan over Baloch, but our liberal citizens keep blaming both sides for Kashmir situation 

Balochistan was never even with British India really (no connection except paper) so can never really be part of Pakistan. Inshallah ajadi door nahi hai. The punjabis in POK may leave if the area ever is annexed by India but I think Gilgit area it's just 1 million and many are neutral to India as mostly shia and some even were on TV saying we welcome Bharat.

Edited by pagdiwala