Eat beef more than chicken, fish: Meghalaya BJP minister

Singh bling

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

I have deleted the part that death don't matter to you. When somebody say that I have agenda I get charged up. I have no agenda and have plenty of information on this subject.

I think its a misunderstanding but what has stray bulls killing people have to do with the OP

1 hour ago, Khota said:

On a serious note is it right to eat meat? What gives humans right to kill other animals for consumption? 

These are just questions I am asking.

That is a valid question. I have finally turned vegetarian but I'm unable to question others on their habits because of my past habits of eating meat. Also don't want to be accused of being a peta sympathiser :lol:

Truth be told, we cannot kill any animal with our bare hands. And we don't have the teeth or intestinal system to deal with meat properly.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

That is a valid question. I have finally turned vegetarian but I'm unable to question others on their habits because of my past habits of eating meat. Also don't want to be accused of being a peta sympathiser :lol:

Truth be told, we cannot kill any animal with our bare hands. And we don't have the teeth or intestinal system to deal with meat properly.

We do have the teeth to eat meat. We have incisors and canines , both are sharp teeth meant for eating meat and flesh.

3 hours ago, Khota said:

On a serious note is it right to eat meat? What gives humans right to kill other animals for consumption? 

Doesn't matter it's right or wrong..  We are at the top of food chain.  Unless it's an endangered species or something like that then one can say that it's not justified. 

Same can be said for Carnivores like Lion Or Tiger..  Why do they have to kill other animals?  The answer is to survive & to remain on top of their respective food chain. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

33 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

We do have the teeth to eat meat. We have incisors and canines , both are sharp teeth meant for eating meat and flesh.

then why can't we eat raw meat like tigers and lions do. we can technically eat raw plants like a herbivore can even though we don't. and you seemed to miss the most important one :lol: can we kill an animal with bare hands? yes or no :p:

Edited by Real McCoy

6 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

then why can't we eat raw meat like tigers and lions do. we can technically eat raw plants like a herbivore can even though we don't. and you seemed to miss the most important one :lol: can we kill an animal with bare hands? yes or no :p:

We can't digest raw meat, and we don't have the physical strength to kill most animals with bare hands. We can however eat and digest cooked meat. 

4 hours ago, Khota said:

Cows and buffaloes in India are not product of meat industry. They are by product of dairy industry which satisfy demand of large number of lacto vegetarians. If indians will become vegans only then this problem will be solved

54 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

We can't digest raw meat, and we don't have the physical strength to kill most animals with bare hands. We can however eat and digest cooked meat. 

There you have it. So in a natural world with no innovations, we can't kill much less eat animals. Who would nature prefer? The one that goes with nature or one who tries to beat it? I'm a firm believer that people in the past lived much longer and were much stronger because man was one with nature. This could be what the bible calls the fall of man although I would think its much more than that.

23 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Cows and buffaloes in India are not product of meat industry. They are by product of dairy industry which satisfy demand of large number of lacto vegetarians. If indians will become vegans only then this problem will be solved

I think even that is unnatural because there is no animal that drinks another animals milk. We've not only become accustomed to it but also trained our pets to drink of it as well.

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

There you have it. So in a natural world with no innovations, we can't kill much less eat animals. Who would nature prefer? The one that goes with nature or one who tries to beat it? I'm a firm believer that people in the past lived much longer and were much stronger because man was one with nature. This could be what the bible calls the fall of man although I would think its much more than that.

When humans were primitive, and before civilization, there used to be hunters ,who hunted with basic weapons, and even ate meat that was not properly cooked, or barely cooked. So even before innovations and inventions humans have are meat. But, with inventions, humans were able to explore and fine different ways to kill and eat. We no longer have the digestive capabilities of primitive humans back then, but we can eat meat if it's properly cooked. 

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I think even that is unnatural because there is no animal that drinks another animals milk. We've not only become accustomed to it but also trained our pets to drink of it as well.

Diary industry is a huge sham and much worse than the meat industry. Cows and buffaloes suffer worse than in the meat industry where they are killed quickly, in the dairy industry they are made to suffer, for milk production and when they can no longer properly produce milk, they are sent for slaughter.

7 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

When humans were primitive, and before civilization, there used to be hunters ,who hunted with basic weapons, and even ate meat that was not properly cooked, or barely cooked. So even before innovations and inventions humans have are meat. But, with inventions, humans were able to explore and fine different ways to kill and eat. We no longer have the digestive capabilities of primitive humans back then, but we can eat meat if it's properly cooked. 

I would say its a matter of opinion that primitive humans ate meat at all. I'd say some rogue tribes invented the art of hunting and gathering and that became the norm.

6 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Diary industry is a huge sham and much worse than the meat industry. Cows and buffaloes suffer worse than in the meat industry where they are killed quickly, in the dairy industry they are made to suffer, for milk production and when they can no longer properly produce milk, they are sent for slaughter.

I agree with this. its a slow torture rather than quick put away. but even modern meat industry is still worser than what it used to be. It is much more streamlined and with the increase in meat consumption the killing has become an industry. especially coshar and halal type killings which involve draining of blood when the animal is still alive. I don't even want to talk about the dairy indsutry which is even worse. I don't want to lose what I ate because of those thoughts :sick:

16 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I would say its a matter of opinion that primitive humans ate meat at all. I'd say some rogue tribes invented the art of hunting and gathering and that became the norm.

I agree with this. its a slow torture rather than quick put away. but even modern meat industry is still worser than what it used to be. It is much more streamlined and with the increase in meat consumption the killing has become an industry. especially coshar and halal type killings which involve draining of blood when the animal is still alive. I don't even want to talk about the dairy indsutry which is even worse. I don't want to lose what I ate because of those thoughts :sick:

Fair enough. Let's just end this debate. 

11 minutes ago, Vancouver said:

Most of my Hindu friends in Canada love beef burgers, their eyes lit up first time they taste it. 

My eyes certainly lit up when you BS. Not because beef can’t taste good, but first time eaters loving it. It is distinctly different in taste and texture. So try another story. With more nuance and depth.