Is PV Sindhu India's greatest individual athlete ever?

Sindhu makes the case for the top individual athlete but the jury is still out. She has won a silver and bronze and badminton tests stamina. I would put paes there too because he was competing in a more stamina and power oriented sport. Malleshwari, sushil kumar in strength and contact sports. kumar also won a silver and bronze

39 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Why doesn’t Pankaj paticipate in pro snooker?

Same reason why tennis players in India focus on doubles too early in their careers. Easy way out, endorsements, fame, national awards, tag of legend yada yada. My blunt opinion but it is what it is. 

Few years ago couple of English legends from professional women's snooker visited India to play some event in Mumbai or Ahmedabad, don't remember. They did manage a few wins against our national men's open champ and amateur legends and world champs, despite being out of action for many years. 

Now look at the (professional) world snooker championships and see how many Indians make the draws. Or 9-ball pool.

Most Indians don't follow sports apart from cricket. So 30 times world champion, 40 times world champion, I have same number of grand slams as Fed...very sweet sounding to the ears. Doubles champs still creditable, but the way our sports media misleads public about snooker lmao. 

Make no mistake, our billiards players are truly world class...likes of Geet Sethi and Pankaj Advani are legends in this discipline. But that doesn't extend to other cue sports. And can people please differentiate between amateur and pro? Or maybe they will look at some Tokyo Olympics boxing champ and start comparisons with Ali and Rocky Marciano. 

Edited by Gollum