India men's hockey team wins bronze medal in Tokyo Olympics 2020

1 hour ago, First class said:

Used to be a big hockey fan, but after the sad demise of Pakistan hockey, lost interest. Really very very happy to see a sub-continent team making a comeback to the top level. I hope Indian team goes all the way, good luck. 

Wish pakistan came back too. They used to be so good until 2000. 

1 minute ago, deathmonger said:

Talk about yourself. Don’t compare your failed 0 Olympic medals state with us. We win multiple medals and are light years ahead of you in sports.

our Olympic contingent - 124

yours - 10 out of which 5 are wildcards

Even in Asian games/cwg you guys win 4-5 medals mostly bronze while we win 65-70 with 15-20 golds.

Pakistanis really like pretending that their failed state with a gdp less than Maharashtra is somehow comparable to india.

I saw this pak journalist very dishonestly say why do south Asian countries like India, pak, bang get such less medals in the olympics.

india gets less medals in the olympics. The others get NO medals and don’t even qualify.

harsh bro. tbf they were world class in hockey. they were quality till about 2000. Then i dont know what happened.

Pakistanis trying to sneak in some glory by lumping themselves with india to share indias achievements are pathetic.

it’s like Canadians saying - wow look we North Americans are top of the olympics table. No, North Americans aren’t. USA is. But Canada doesn’t cause they have some achievements of their own.

the idea that Pakistan is somehow important to cricket is a joke. They are poorer than Bangladesh.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

harsh bro. tbf they were world class in hockey. they were quality till about 2000. Then i dont know what happened.

2000 is 21 years ago.

same thing happens that happened with everything else for them, including cricket. Chickens came home to roost. Terrorism and low economic growth meant that funding declined and the team fell off.

opposite has happened for india. Higher funding due to higher economic growth means better facilities blah blah.

My point was more to do with the fact that he is conflating india and Pakistan as just cricket nations.

pakistan is a just cricket nation (and pretty mediocre there too). Indian sports is becoming better and better. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

ZERO sympathy for their team of jaahils after what they did at Bhubaneswar in 2014. Their team has been sinking downwards ever since that ugly show of their jahalat. Starting with failure to qualify for Rio and now Tokyo. They are now ranked 18th in the world. May they be cursed to continue to go down further.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

ZERO sympathy for their team of jaahils after what they did at Bhubaneswar in 2014. Their team has been sinking downwards ever since that ugly show of their jahalat. Starting with failure to qualify for Rio and now Tokyo. They are now ranked 18th in the world. May they be cursed to continue to go down further.

Fair enough. 

3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

maybe if their government spent less money on sponsoring cross border terrorism and nuclear weapons/ military and More money on their infrastructure and sports grassroots maybe Hockey woukdnt have died out there. Based on their antics don’t need the ‘india pak rivalry’ in hockey. It’s already insignificant in cricket now. The quicker this bikhari nation is shown its aukat that they are just a slave of China who survive on the bheek given to them by the rest of the world and not even think of comparing themselves to India then better.

1 minute ago, LordPrabhzy said:

maybe if their government spent less money on sponsoring cross border terrorism and nuclear weapons/ military and More money on their infrastructure and sports grassroots maybe Hockey woukdnt have died out there. Based on their antics don’t need the ‘india pak rivalry’ in hockey. It’s already insignificant in cricket now. The quicker this bikhari nation is shown its aukat that they are just a slave of China who survive on the bheek given to them by the rest of the world and not even think of comparing themselves to India then better.

I am all for a complete boycott. Cut off all political, social and cultural (include sports) relations. In fact I would go to the extent of boycotting them even in multilateral events in Cricket, Hockey, Tennis and Kabbaddi. Don't think we face them in other sports. If it means conceding points to them so be it. Take a stand and do it once.

On 8/1/2021 at 1:04 PM, Gollum said:

Partially, but not the complete picture.

Viren Rasquinha mentioned that this Bel side (their golden generation) doesn't care about minor tournaments, series etc. They look to peak in big events like WC, Olympics and plan their preparations in such a way that they reach their highest playing level and fitness in the big events.  He mentioned some European tournament this year where Belgium was playing very bad, and suddenly once Olympics started they look like favorites. The earlier failures weren't because they were a bad side, but because they were at a different stage of preparation and didn't bother about results. Same thing happening in 3 major tournaments (Rio, WC, Tokyo), I think Viren was spot on. 

Will see all that in bronze playoff if there is one lolz

Edited by Vilander