India men's hockey team wins bronze medal in Tokyo Olympics 2020

Great effort -esp to come back 2 times from behind.. When Ind went 3-1 behind I thought the game was gone .. but they came back spectacularly. Still lots of nervous moments till the end. I find this version of hockey very fast paced and fun to watch - but I really feel the PC rule needs to change. It feels like you can just push and keep hitting the opponent on the leg and keep getting PCs. Field goals appear to be few and far between.

IMO they can improve this aspect of the game by awarding PCs only for intentional obstructions and keep the flow of the game going. It stops too much now IMO.

14 minutes ago, diga said:

+1 .... It would be marketing dream to have both teams on the podium

To be fair the men are ranked 3rd and finished 3rd. One could argue the medal was overdue. They performed as per ranking. 

Womens hockey i think has been the true fairly tale. If capped with a medal would be stuff of legands.

Hockey India now needs it's own Lalit Modi to launch a world class league which is best in the world. We have the same strengths as cricket - a huge market, sponsors willing to put in big sums of money.

One huge risk though is the ego clashes that normally have followed some success in hockey in last 20-25 years (98 Bangkok and 2014 Incheon Asian Ganes, top 4 finishes in CT from 2002 to 2005). Hoping and praying better sense to prevail this time and for us to build onto this huge huge success.

8 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Hockey India now needs it's own Lalit Modi to launch a world class league which is best in the world. We have the same strengths as cricket - a huge market, sponsors willing to put in big sums of money.

One huge risk though is the ego clashes that normally have followed some success in hockey in last 20-25 years (98 Bangkok and 2014 Incheon Asian Ganes, top 4 finishes in CT from 2002 to 2005). Hoping and praying better sense to prevail this time and for us to build onto this huge huge success.

What happened to PHL? It was a concept ahead of its times & even IPL came 4 years later than that novel idea.

They should restart PHL like league, it will definitely get some viewers especially with additional factor of fantasy contests these days.

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

What happened to PHL? It was a concept ahead of its times & even IPL came 4 years later than that novel idea.

They should restart PHL like league, it will definitely get some viewers especially with additional factor of fantasy contests these days.

Clashes between Hockey India and sponsors/investors. HI wanted complete control, gradually weakening the tournament.

18 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

PHL team names were dope, much better than IPL

Sher-e-Jalandhar

Chennai Veerans

Maratha Warriors

Orissa Steelers

Bangalore Hi-Fliers

Hyderabad Sultans

33 minutes ago, Gollum said:

PHL team names were dope, much better than IPL

Sher-e-Jalandhar

Chennai Veerans

Maratha Warriors

Orissa Steelers

Bangalore Hi-Fliers

Hyderabad Sultans

I used to love the theme song as well, PHL toofani :giggle:, hope they restart something on the same lines

4 hours ago, bharathh said:

Great effort -esp to come back 2 times from behind.. When Ind went 3-1 behind I thought the game was gone .. but they came back spectacularly. Still lots of nervous moments till the end. I find this version of hockey very fast paced and fun to watch - but I really feel the PC rule needs to change. It feels like you can just push and keep hitting the opponent on the leg and keep getting PCs. Field goals appear to be few and far between.

IMO they can improve this aspect of the game by awarding PCs only for intentional obstructions and keep the flow of the game going. It stops too much now IMO.

The worst part is officiating. The way Germany, Belgium and UK were just talking to referees after any decision against them and they were like ok don't worry I will take my referral for you was pure joke. Never seen this happen in any game where referees are so weak( or biased)