Harbhajan Singh banned for 11 IPL matches

Guest HariSampath

I don't think he will be banned for 10 ipl games as hari said. Maybe 5 odis or couple of test matches. Will find out on april 28th the full story. Harbhajan shouldn't have physically assaulted and it was only a matter of time b4 someone hit sreesanth.Hoping that both these players more so Bhajji learn from this and be a calm and new bhajji. and I think Sreesanth after this crying episode has lost the right to sledge anyone cuz he will be the laughing stock..Aussies will taunt him for sure..

I don't think he will be banned for 10 ipl games as hari said. Maybe 5 odis or couple of test matches. Will find out on april 28th the full story. Harbhajan shouldn't have physically assaulted and it was only a matter of time b4 someone hit sreesanth.Hoping that both these players more so Bhajji learn from this and be a calm and new bhajji. and I think Sreesanth after this crying episode has lost the right to sledge anyone cuz he will be the laughing stock..Aussies will taunt him for sure..
true.. what a big pansy this sreesanth dud is... full of fake aggression... i hope hes dropped frm indian team forever.. as hes jus a waste in bowling too...

actually sledging is one thing, but being slapped several times by senior player is something else. How would you react if you were slapped by your big brother during the game. I am sure you will get emotional
lets not get touchy arite.... this sreesanth is a faker.. he lll go runing for hide, someone give it bak to him... Inzi did tht once.... but neverthless crying infront of all the cameras.. only pussies weep like tht.... shame shame

actually sledging is one thing, but being slapped several times by senior player is something else. How would you react if you were slapped by your big brother during the game. I am sure you will get emotional
Obviously it is wrong and proper action should be taken considering the evidence against Bhajji. No matter who the player is , physical assault is not acceptable. Even though Bhajji is one of my favourite player. However, If it was me, I wont be crying back liek a kid. Either I will take it liek a man and deal with it later or give one back right there....What kindaa grown up man cries for being slapped.....sissy sreesanth and he was well warned...you dont go around taunting the losing captain..

Preity Zinta. The feisty lady is supposed to have told Lalit Modi that she would do everything in her power to haul Bhajji over the hottest coals
by providing alternate heat ;)
Mumbai franchise owner Mukesh Ambani adopting a "hands off" attitude, in the genuine fear his corporate house didnt want anything of this nature associated with it, and have decided to "look away".
Sukh ke sab saathi Dukh mein na koi
I think Sreesanth after this crying episode has lost the right to sledge anyone cuz he will be the laughing stock..Aussies will taunt him for sure..
Yes, they will shout at him, " Ghar mein Ram, gali mein Shyam " ... nahin chalega...nahin chalega...
Bhajji himself has apparently no defence , as he had apologised to Sreesanth
Ek akela is shaher mein ( Mumbai ) ... whatelse he could do in the city of Bhai Log!
I hope BCCI suspends Bhajji so that stupidity doesn't prevail.
why not, BCCI should take action against Bhajji in the same manner as ACB did to Hayden during Australian tour......also, as they did to their other players like Symonds and Ponting...kya baat hai!

That was a terrible incident and am glad BCCI have sprung into action right away. I'd like to see at least 6 months ban on Bhajji. Unless it hurts him enough the suspension does not make any sense. As for Sreesanth he should take it like a man. Either rough Bhajji with a couple of punches or just take the legal way to get Bhajji banned. It's stupid going around saying Bhajji roughed him up but it's all good. Then why the heck was there a drama? There were many here that was having fun at the expense of Akthar getting physical with Asif. Bhajji has proved Indian cricketers are no saints. Let's see if BCCI follows PCB route and lets off Bhajji with a ban that will hardly mean anything. BTW I'm starting to doubt Bhajji's role in the ""Maki" incident. This guy isn't a saint and it is possible he would have had a go at Symonds calling him "Monkey"".

He will be banned for atleast 10 IPL games under the ICC code of conduct.
I hope they add on 15 international games as well(5 ODIs and 5 Tests and 5 T20s). Apart from monetary loss, the 10 IPL games ban doesn't do much to curb his behavior. I hope Sree gets 6 international ban/suspension (2,2,2). Both are not doing much but create controversies. We don't need it in time of crucial development of a new team. Send them to Andaman. :P Send everyone off to Andaman.

Guest Hiten.
I hope they add on 15 international games as well(5 ODIs and 5 Tests and 5 T20s). Apart from monetary loss, the 10 IPL games ban doesn't do much to curb his behavior. I hope Sree gets 6 international ban/suspension (2,2,2). Both are not doing much but create controversies. We don't need it in time of crucial development of a new team. Send them to Andaman. :P Send everyone off to Andaman.
Hopefully these 'sent off' (euphemism) are as good as Aussies when it comes to sports :-D

Guest HariSampath

Now the truth is out finally. Sreesanth who had all along been playing the "big brother has a right to slap" card, now has totally made a U turn. He has said, in an interview to Aisnaet news , a Malayalee channel, that it was far more than just a slap, and in fact it was a "slugfest". This is what I had posted yesterday...Sreesanth had been hit many times by Bhajji...and now there are some whispers doing the rounds that it was not entirely one sided, probably Sreesanth had managed to land a couple of blows himself. Anyways, now Bhajji's goose is well and truly cookedas the video has footage of only him hitting Sreesanth several times. Bhajji will not be playing cricket for a long time, and it will become official tomorrow.

...I agree with the disciplinary action but I doubt our over excited crowd would have said the same if it was with an aussie ( I can assure you the opinion would have been different ) P.S - Is the Video evidence out for the public?

Guest HariSampath

^...No Bhajji had hit Sree several times in yesterday's incident .....and it is possible that Sree might have given 1-2 back...Sreesanth now calls the incident "not just one slap, but it was a slugfest"

^...No Bhajji had hit Sree several times in yesterday's incident .....and it is possible that Sree might have given 1-2 back...Sreesanth now calls the incident "not just one slap' date=' but it was a slugfest"[/quote'] :boxing: yes I read it on TOI few hours ago ... I think Sree is a little worried that if he complains then it might hurt his career

..santh played it very well, gave two contrasting reports ( some tamil/telugu paper and one regular ) and when u cry in front of 100 million people..u obviously will gain sympathy Harbhajan should be banned for what he did, but this joker santh wanted to even it out but did it very smartly