Harbhajan Singh banned for 11 IPL matches

Guest HariSampath

My point was that no one has explored a juicy angle in this ongoing slapgate controversy' date=' one that involves the adjudicator/referee himself....I just said that such a "newsworthy" angle hasn't been latched on to by any mediaperson...probably because of the fact not many of the current cricket journos know their cricket and history, not surprising because they all belong to the new breed of cricket followers of just the last 5-6 years[/quote'] You remind me of the song: Aaj is papan ko maarenge hum milkar saare. Lekin jo paapi na ho wo pahla pathhar mare. (we all will today stone this sinner to death, but the first one to throw a stone must be one who never sinned in his life) We will not find too many 'pure' soul to decide the fate of the sinners now.:-D

My point was that no one has explored a juicy angle in this ongoing slapgate controversy' date=' one that involves the adjudicator/referee himself....I just said that such a "newsworthy" angle hasn't been latched on to by any mediaperson...probably because of the fact not many of the current cricket journos know their cricket and history, not surprising because they all belong to the new breed of cricket followers of just the last 5-6 years[/quote'] okay agreed...

Why are they saying they're going to investigate further? They're making a mountain out of an ant hill. They've issued a ban of 11 IPL games. He slapped a team mate. Maybe that want to make sure this will never happen again - so they want to ban him for 10 Int'l games as well. I thought they should've suspended Sree as well temporarily - he hasn't been very well behaved.

Why are they saying they're going to investigate further? They're making a mountain out of an ant hill. They've issued a ban of 11 IPL games. He slapped a team mate. Maybe that want to make sure this will never happen again - so they want to ban him for 10 Int'l games as well. I thought they should've suspended Sree as well temporarily - he hasn't been very well behaved.
I think Sree would have been punished if it wasnt for the statement from Bhajji. Bhajji has said that his attack was entirely unprovoked. Had he even cited the earlier antics of Sree, it would have been a different case. But if Bhajji himself says that there was no provocation, IPL has no ground to punish Sree on. However, I would like IPL and BCCI to put Sree on probation for six months and if he does not improve, he should be kicked out. We want aggressive players. But there is no place of lunatics.

I think Sree would have been punished if it wasnt for the statement from Bhajji. Bhajji has said that his attack was entirely unprovoked. Had he even cited the earlier antics of Sree, it would have been a different case. But if Bhajji himself says that there was no provocation, IPL has no ground to punish Sree on. However, I would like IPL and BCCI to put Sree on probation for six months and if he does not improve, he should be kicked out. We want aggressive players. But there is no place of lunatics.
True. Yeah, it was nice of Bhajji to admit to that. I agree that Sreesanth ought to be put on probation. I thought he should've been put on probation after the England Test Series but it didn't happen. He has a lot of talent - it would be nice if he focused on using it .. and using his brain at times. :D

Sreesanth was let off with a warning after video evidence showed Harbhajan slapped him without any provocation. The duo embraced at the end of the hearing after Harbhajan offered an apology in front of the cameras. Harbhajan will not be appealing against the ban. "The referee studied video tapes of the incident and found the assault by Harbhajan was totally unprovoked. The footage exactly showed that Harbhajan went down the line, wishing all the players, shaking hands with a few players," said Lalit Modi, the commissioner of the IPL who is also a vice-president of the BCCI. "Sreesanth was the third player that he met. Instead of shaking his hand he actually slapped him and continued down the line, shaking hands with the other players." http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/current/story/347804.html
this is laughable..it must be mentioned no provocation was observed by camera...man why would someone slap without any provocation?sreesanth went off lightly.he is the real culprit

this is laughable..it must be mentioned no provocation was observed by camera...man why would someone slap without any provocation?sreesanth went off lightly.he is the real culprit
Maybe because the person in question is an immature bloke who couldnt handle defeta and took it out on the first person he could? Why would he abuse Symonds? Why would he slap a policeman? Why was he thrown out of NCA?

these two morons are thereason y we should be embarrassed we are labeled as "whiners" now aus believes they were right during the sydney BS and we defended the "culprit" ohhh how i hate these two jacka$$e$:((:finger::omg_smile:

these two morons are thereason y we should be embarrassed we are labeled as "whiners" now aus believes they were right during the sydney BS and we defended the "culprit" ohhh how i hate these two jacka$$:((:finger::omg_smile:
Yes, I think its high time BCI got strict. We need to put some select players under probation and then kick them out.

Guest Hiten.
Hearing is over....there are rumors that Bhajji has slapped Farokh Engineer
holy fawk :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: