Greg Chappell the commentator

observer1

he sees it like a pro, and not like a commentator. which is why he is refreshing in these days of pepsi-drinking, giggling, double-entendre filled announcers who call themselves commentators. even tony cozier has fallen prey to the vaudeville nature of it all

GC is fantastic. He's got an astute cricket brain and mostly makes sense. Gavaskar has gone loud, noisy and sounds very artificial. Among the rest of the IPL commentators Ian Bishop and Ravi Shastri are worth listening to.

The best commentator that I've heard so far is David Lloyd. Too bad he's not commentating here. He is just awesome! There are so many videos of matches where Bumble has commentated. They are awesome. Tony Greig is pretty good as well. I enjoy I. Chappell's commentary - he's pretty awesome at it - unlike the rest of the Channel 9 and Aussie commentary team.

i found it amusing when sohail talked about raina. when GC was praising raina's ability to pick hopes quickly for a pulled six, He asked him straight " isn't raina one of your favourites? you gave him lot of opportunities"...biased people are not comfortable seeing their bias highlighted.must have been a face!