Afghanistan Turmoil

ravishingravi

On 8/22/2021 at 3:26 PM, speedheat said:

India should extend the CAA cutoff date and adopt these minorities from Afghanistan. who knows, they may be able to assist our country in the future. We adopted parsis a long time ago, and it has worked miracles for us.

CAA doesn't stop anyone from becoming Indian citizen even with that cut off. CAA was made for people who were already in India. People who were not in India before cut off date, they can still come to India with already existing process.

Edited by rkt.india

34 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

CAA doesn't stop anyone from becoming Indian citizen even with that cut off. CAA was made for people who were already in India. People who were not in India before cut off date, they can still come to India with already existing process.

I know but CAA can speed up the process, I'm not sure how long it will take them to obtain citizenship through naturalisation.

2 hours ago, speedheat said:

I know but CAA can speed up the process, I'm not sure how long it will take them to obtain citizenship through naturalisation.

There is a e-VISA process for emergency emigration. They can apply for citizenship as well as per naturalization legally. 

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

There is a e-VISA process for emergency emigration. They can apply for citizenship as well as per naturalization legally. 

I think e-visa process includes non-Muslims. I'm talking about their minorities, Hindus and Sikhs. The government can extend the CAA cutoff  date  and immediately grant them citizenship, they can't be sent back to a hellhole.