Afghanistan Turmoil

ravishingravi

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Copters and Humvees from your tax dollars ended up with the Taliban.

Surely supporting some hapless refugees is better use of your tax dollars.

They don't work. They can't be repaired. They are destined for the scrap heap. 

I agree the US should help. Especially the Afghan citizens who worked as interpreters and what not. 

1 minute ago, EnterTheVoid said:

They don't work. They can't be repaired. They are destined for the scrap heap. 

I agree the US should help. Especially the Afghan citizens who worked as interpreters and what not. 

The Taliban had their version of the July 4th parade with captured US weaponary.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/01/asia/taliban-kandahar-captured-weapons-intl/index.html

They drove the humvees around the town and flew choppers. See the pictures in the article above.

On an unrelated note Humvee is the ugliest car I've seen. I'd much rather be seen in a Santro than a Humvee.

On 9/5/2021 at 10:08 AM, Jimmy Cliff said:

Hehehe. Propaganda arm of the Western thugs simping for Pakistan. I wonder why that is :thinking:.

For MI6, Pakistan is Special Purpose Vehicle against Commies and Russia. As long as terror emanating from Pakistan is not reaching west, they give a damn about how many Asians get killed. 
Even American do not know what to do with this British SPV because Brits want US to maintain a presence in region.

LoC will light up soon… but Situation will remain in control. Initially we will take some casualties but our anti infiltration grid has pretty much eliminated 95 percent of the threat in Kashmir. It will take time to develop new tactics in response to whatever the Pakistani-Talibunny nexus throws at us.  Kashmir now faces a new problem of jihadi elements doing shoot and run attacks on local police and CAPFs. Also, with Balakot, we sent message to Pakistani that we are prepared to escalate at any moment if required. I wanted to see a greater push from Modi during that time but it was not feasible due to elections around the corner. The greater threat of Taliban’s “victory” in Afg has been succinctly described by former RAW Chief Vikram Sood of domestic terror threats rising as Taliban’s victory will ensure a new wave of brainwashing in other parts of India besides Kashmir as a means to establish caliphate over subcontinent again because they believe their faith has helped them defeat two superpowers so they will look to expand and use Kashmir theatre as a jumping ground for pan-India attacks. That’s the real danger. 

Edited by FischerTal

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Inviting these refugees only means inviting future terror attacks.

The US and allies had to pull out those that helped them when they were there. 

Economic refugees - obviously not. I'm sure bleeding hearts Canada and Germany will step in there though.

On 9/3/2021 at 10:05 PM, mishra said:

The more i think the more i feel its all drama. First US makes a deal. Then There is a intelligence failure and Ghani comes to know that US is arming Taliban as part of deal and guving away administration. He order troupes to stand down and leave the country. US gets its money by confiscating Afghanistan reserve(must have been deal as well).  

Only intelligence failure in all this is Ghani coming to know the deal is done between Taliban and US and he is there to fight till Us can easily withdraw(3 months)

Now both US and Taliban can play their cards in front of public.

For India, its matter of wait and watch. 

Yes US didn't fail in war they got what they wanted, main thing they failed is PR part which as effected  them now , I think one of big reason for this their failure in Syria to dislodge Assad, they won PR battle there but they weren't able topple Assad allowing Russia capitalized ISIS situation and saved Assad. USA although claimed victory over ISIS would really annoyed Assad and Russia succeeded using their PR 

18 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Can we for now give credit to Pakistan ? Almost on verge of being failed state, but it has comprehensively defeated two major super powers. 

They didn't defeat they just where not fooled by US and out witted them they probably had Idea  what US is upto after being ally for this many years with US

Edited by rising

20 hours ago, mishra said:

For MI6, Pakistan is Special Purpose Vehicle against Commies and Russia. As long as terror emanating from Pakistan is not reaching west, they give a damn about how many Asians get killed. 
Even American do not know what to do with this British SPV because Brits want US to maintain a presence in region.

Tbh I don't think they care about Western lives either. Something truly perverse is waiting in the wings.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Inviting these refugees only means inviting future terror attacks.

That's a useful trope.

All of the 9/11 attackers were from 'friendly' nations on tourist visas. Granted by the US Homeland Super Patriot Intelligence Department or whatever. 

None of them were refugees in the US.

Besides, the US has spent so much indirectly ( or perhaps intentionally) arming the Taliban that its not a big ask to expect them to spend some more rescuing interpreters and those whose services they used.