Afghanistan Turmoil

ravishingravi

On 8/13/2021 at 1:50 PM, ravishingravi said:

I think USA might take pole position on bring perhaps the most destructive nation on earth, all considered.

Nah right now China's definitely the worst & it's not even a contest. If you're counting history then perhaps the British empire or Mongols?

16 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Why would SAraboa support Taliban and antagonize their defense suppliers USA? Qatar is siding with Iran

First off all Taliban was creation of America and even in 911 attacks 15 of 19 terrorist were from Saudi Arabia , Osama is from Saudi  Arabia so that didn't antagonize US  supporting Taliban would and US don't want peace its just wants control otherwise they could long eliminated Taliban . and Qatar maybe siding with Iran but if Taliban are getting support from Iran/Quatar  then Pakistan/UAE/Saudi won't be supporting .

But according report it says Pakistan ISI is main supporter in that case UAE and Saudi are the backers 

Obviously all balance can tilt now with US leaving but Taliban traditonal alleis have been Pakistan, UAE and Saudi 

They took over country like in 2 weeks even before US withdrawal was complete. Tell  you how well US trained Afgan forces and Army. This so sad and we invested (India) wasted so much I hope India learns not build infrastructure in US occupied country because this what happens 

3 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

All the squillions India and America invested in Afghanistan over the years, got nothing to show for it.

America has money to burn but I wonder why India was so heavily invested in Afghanistan. The goodwill we earn via bollywood movies is enough, there's no need to waste any money. Americans seem to have no accountability whatsoever. Billions(maybe trillion?) spent, lives lost, weapons supplied, training given, transition plans drawn up and all they have to show for it is egg on their face? What kind of a joke is this? The man whom they wanted to capture by starting the war was actually found living happily in their "strong partner in the fight against terror" country!