Complaints against Moderation

Malcolm Merlyn

Very inconsistent moderation on some threads, removing my comments bcoz it contains some abusive words only as a response to someone's post which also contains similar words. 

Either remove both the posts or don't remove any, what's the point of removing one of them. 

Itna badhiya reply likhta hu mai mast gaaliyon ke saath (sirf ek hi Bande ke liye) or aap hata dete ho? 

Aise kaise? 

Edited by Adamant

37 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Very inconsistent moderation on some threads, removing my comments bcoz it contains some abusive words only as a response to someone's post which also contains similar words. 

Either remove both the posts or don't remove any, what's the point of removing one of them. 

Itna badhiya reply likhta hu mai mast gaaliyon ke saath (sirf ek hi Bande ke liye) or aap hata dete ho? 

Aise kaise? 

Pls report the posts which you think is inappropriate. Trust me, there is no general bias among mods here. Its just that moderating entire forum is a tough job, especially since most mods here have 9-5 job. So we encourage posters to report posts they feel is not upto the standards.

6 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Pls report the posts which you think is inappropriate. Trust me, there is no general bias among mods here. Its just that moderating entire forum is a tough job, especially since most mods here have 9-5 job. So we encourage posters to report posts they feel is not upto the standards.

Yeah I know you are right but each and

Every post by one poster is not upto the standards and you know who he is. 

I don't like to indulge in these sort of abusive convos online but can't back out of them too. 

Edited by Adamant

In the last day I have reported twice about abusive behavior of one man child poster here. Yet nothing happens. Just because I am not reacting doesn't mean I can't/

I am holding back as I dnt wanna spoil the forum. But I wont be tolerating this crap anymore.

@sandeep @Austin 3:!6

Patience is not unlimited. Dont blame me later

16 minutes ago, Ravi_Shastri said:

In the last day I have reported twice about abusive behavior of one man child poster here. Yet nothing happens. Just because I am not reacting doesn't mean I can't/

I am holding back as I dnt wanna spoil the forum. But I wont be tolerating this crap anymore.

@sandeep @Austin 3:!6

Patience is not unlimited. Dont blame me later

If you see something that you have a problem with, report the post.  Having said that - lets be clear about 2 things. 

1.   Mods are not out here 24/7, they are all volunteers and doing the best they can. There may be many days that I may not visit the site, and may not get to a message or reported post.  Also, keep in mind that Mods will use their judgement in responding to reported post.  There are times when folks "report posts" for minor things that may not be viewed as transgressions by the moderator looking into the issue.  That can and will happen at times.
  2. More importantly, as an individual poster, please keep in mind that 2 wrongs do not make a right.  Just because one idiot crosses the line, do not think that you have the right to "respond" by hurling similar trash.  In such a scenario, both parties will face consequences and it doesn't matter which idiot "started" it.  

1 hour ago, zen said:

Fake ID @ZEIV ... I looked at my profile page to find recent visitors and appears as if the "culprit" may have used to to copy the profile picture and/or stoke. Below is what I found:

Screen-Shot-2023-01-08-at-2-04-02-PM.png 

Screenshot-20230109-005111-Chrome.jpg

Yes I am that poster.

:sheep:Ban my account.  I will find other forum to discuss cricket or just browse as guest. Bye.

Edit: Obviously I am not the poster. A certain poster doesn't even understand sarcasm. Anyway I am leaving forum discussions and that is not sarcasm. Can't get my mood spoiled everyday. :dontknow: 

Edited by Pollack

Note to all posters - ICF allows discussion across all topics without heavy moderation as we believe in free speech and want to create an atmosphere where posters can freely express their views. However, while debating in sensitive topics like politics or religion, we are asking posters to use common sense and refrain from name calling or abusing other posters. No one is a Bhakt, Jihadi or a Khalistani here and we are all responsible adults who comes here for our love of cricket and to discuss on other interesting topics. Request all to keep the discussion healthy, in right spirit and without name calling.

Thank you

:two_thumbs_up:

On 6/16/2023 at 5:58 AM, Austin 3:!6 said:

Note to all posters - ICF allows discussion across all topics without heavy moderation as we believe in free speech and want to create an atmosphere where posters can freely express their views. However, while debating in sensitive topics like politics or religion, we are asking posters to use common sense and refrain from name calling or abusing other posters. No one is a Bhakt, Jihadi or a Khalistani here and we are all responsible adults who comes here for our love of cricket and to discuss on other interesting topics. Request all to keep the discussion healthy, in right spirit and without name calling.

Thank you

:two_thumbs_up:

Agreed. I don't know about the newer posters, but most of the old timers (it's been 11.5 years since I joined ICF) I respect even though we have (civil) disagreements on some topics.

I think some of the comments were OTT but it went too far on all the sides. banning @Under_Score is not fair. This forum should allow an honest discourse and not become an echo chamber. Mods should have stepped in earlier and made sure the discussion stays civil. I think his ban should be reevaluated.

Mods you need to reign in this Mugloghonto guy. Anytime someone asks for a probe of Adanis he calls them anti Inidan. He calls other Khalistanis which is against the forum rules.

"Note to all posters - ICF allows discussion across all topics without heavy moderation as we believe in free speech and want to create an atmosphere where posters can freely express their views. However, while debating in sensitive topics like politics or religion, we are asking posters to use common sense and refrain from name calling or abusing other posters. No one is a Bhakt, Jihadi or a Khalistani here and we are all responsible adults who comes here for our love of cricket and to discuss on other interesting topics. Request all to keep the discussion healthy, in right spirit and without name calling.

26 minutes ago, Khota said:

I think some of the comments were OTT but it went too far on all the sides. banning @Under_Score is not fair. This forum should allow an honest discourse and not become an echo chamber. Mods should have stepped in earlier and made sure the discussion stays civil. I think his ban should be reevaluated.

He was getting unreasonable calling everyone who disagreed with him as a bajapa supporter or an congressi chatookar and the abuses, was getting unhinged. That’s not true he way to argue. He also used casteist slurs many times. 

12 minutes ago, Khota said:

Mods you need to reign in this Mugloghonto guy. Anytime someone asks for a probe of Adanis he calls them anti Inidan. He calls other Khalistanis which is against the forum rules.

"Note to all posters - ICF allows discussion across all topics without heavy moderation as we believe in free speech and want to create an atmosphere where posters can freely express their views. However, while debating in sensitive topics like politics or religion, we are asking posters to use common sense and refrain from name calling or abusing other posters. No one is a Bhakt, Jihadi or a Khalistani here and we are all responsible adults who comes here for our love of cricket and to discuss on other interesting topics. Request all to keep the discussion healthy, in right spirit and without name calling.

So when you call people who disagree with you bots etc. - that is out of luv huh? :two_thumbs_up:

14 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

He was getting unreasonable calling everyone who disagreed with him as a bajapa supporter or an congressi chatookar and the abuses, was getting unhinged. That’s not true he way to argue. He also used casteist slurs many times. 

People called him Khalistanis all the time. He is a big-time supporter of AAP. My comments are not directed at you because you do show restraint. Some totally lost it and it was free for all. Muffling opposition is not very Indian.