Has Chetheshwar redeemed himself

10 minutes ago, Vijy said:

quite a pointless innings. had he converted it to 150+, that would have been somewhat different.

He averages 30 in England. He is only 3 points better than Rahane. That is not saying much.  He averages less than Ajit Agarkar in England. Infact all 3.   MS Dhoni averages more than these 3 in England lol

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

He averages 30 in England. He is only 3 points better than Rahane. That is not saying much.  He averages less than Ajit Agarkar in England. Infact all 3.   MS Dhoni averages more than these 3 in England lol

dhongi was quite effective in eng, and so was ganguly and azhar. that's because one needs diff skills to play swing/seam (but not much pace) vs. pace and bounce (as in Oz/SA/90s WI).

Well the likes of Pujara , Rahane & Lohli have screwed with us for long time...  ... Its time for next generation to take over... Kohil saw the way Dhoni pushed out the big 4... we need Pant to step up and push these idiots out... 
Rahane has to go but don't invalidate the series wins we got in Australia. In the 90s, we didn't even come close to winning a match leave alone the series. Pujara, Rahane did their bit in away wins that we had.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

SRT scored several hundreds in losing cause. One man cannot save a game. All the batters have to step up including Kohli, Pant and Jadeja. That is only way we can save this match. But I agree that Pujara and Kohli both need to score big tomorrow or this match will be over.
Jaddu has scores of 50,40,30 with the tail. He doesn't have to step up, he has bat up in the order at no. 5

can't  even get an   ' exact 100' . Killing all the  team momentum, occupying another deserving player's spot there by  causing serious troubles to team cause .... that's all this guy is about... for instance had Ashwin been  here in this match ENG would never have scored 463
Everyone is the same. There is no one waiting in the wings to win series for us.

1 hour ago, anish2tweet said:

Everyone is the same. There is no one waiting in the wings to win series for us.

no .... at least with out testing every one you can't say that ......especially based on the fact that  India has a history of creating quality batsmen  out of a huge talent pool .

In the past decade Gambhir, Sehwag,Dravid, SRT, Ganguly, VVS, Dhoni  formed the core of this batting line up.It is a disgrace to the system which could put such a quality TOP 7 that batsmen like pujara,rohit,rahane etc are  comprising the current  TOP7

2 hours ago, anish2tweet said:

This is what people would have said if we lost the Australian series under Kohli. Can't say anything without trying other players, if we still lose, so be it. Atleast we won't be left with what if

10 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Astonishing to see we are scrambling for decent batsman these days.  Whatta downfall.  Throwback to the 90's. 

nope, not a throwback to the same degree. we had lots of players who played spin beautifully in 90s. Sidhu, Kambli, Fixer-bhai (Azhar), VVS, and SRT just to name a few. Even Sanju Manju was quite adept. this current bunch can't play swing/seam well and can't play spin well. in the 90s, plenty of batters did quite well in eng - SRT, Azhar, Ganguly, and Dravid.

On 8/27/2021 at 11:42 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

lets just say he has bought himself more time now atleast the series

As far as the big question well he has to score a lot of runs coz he is a player of 0 extra value...absolute 0 

Actually it's not his 91 score which impressed me, in this innings he played with a lot of aggression, was punishing the bad deliveries and rotating strike. 

The INTENT with which he played was just totally different to the one we have been witnessing in the last year or so. 

Rahane should be dropped, this idiotic vice captain moniker is saving him. 

5 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Actually it's not his 91 score which impressed me, in this innings he played with a lot of aggression, was punishing the bad deliveries and rotating strike. 

The INTENT with which he played was just totally different to the one we have been witnessing in the last year or so. 

Rahane should be dropped, this idiotic vice captain moniker is saving him. 

Here is the problem, we need to move on all three of Kohli, Pujara and Rahane.

Kohli is immovable object, so that leaves just Pujara and Rahane.

Rahane being vc makes it harder, so Pujara needs to go.

Lets not forget while he got 91, he basically got out for zero when he came out to bat in the opening session with the new ball. This is again likely to happen in the 4th. His 91 was a result of the good opening stand of Hitman and KL that took up many balls.