Has Chetheshwar redeemed himself

3 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Rahane being vc makes it harder, so Pujara needs to go.

This is really frustrating. Rahane is the one who needs to go. 

I think Pujara has ability to do well at the Oval. He should be retained, if we had Gill then I would have thought of replacing Pujara but Mayank? Not really, he won't do much too. 

8 minutes ago, Cricspin said:

I am not a fan of Pujara as he is boring to watch but at the same time  I don't hate Pujara as he looks like a nice guy. I am mainly against him playing because of his lack of runs and how uncomfortable he has been at the crease recently. I am also of the opinion that he may never be a top batter again where his average goes above 50 and stays steady. 

However, with his 91 runs he has made sure that he won't be dropped. So I really hope he takes some confidence from the last innings and scores valuable runs during the next two matches. 

Kohli will react to the loss probably by getting Ashwin for Jaddu and Thakur for Ishant. Basically making Jaddu and Ishant the scapegoats for the loss.

He will keep the same batting lineup, he is too arrogant to change it and admit fault.

1 minute ago, kruiser said:

We have full confidence in this team. We are playing the same XI. It was just a bad session that cost us the third test. The team has bonded really well and we will go out there and play positive cricket. 

Yes just as highly likely as well.

India are f**ked with Kohli as captain.

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

Lack of technical skills is being glorified to no limit.

Why do you only look at it in a negative perspective.

He may have lacked skills in evading the ball like ducking under it or defending it with bat etc. but he made best use of his skills/abilities.

He put his body in the line even if doing so will physically hurt him. 

Instead of saying, "He lacks skills", why don't you say "He has a large heart and gave everything he had and made use of his limited skills to the best use". 

1 hour ago, sarcastic said:

He may have lacked skills in evading the ball like ducking under it or defending it with bat etc. but he made best use of his skills/abilities.

Instead of saying, "He lacks skills", why don't you say "He has a large heart and gave everything he had and made use of his limited skills to the best use". 

I will give you that, he showed more love and heart in that Brisbane game for the Indian cricket team than Kohli has for a long time. I dont count being cheergirl when a bowler takes a wicket either.

A good captain would realise what is best for Indian Cricket and have made the necessary changes to win the match.

6 hours ago, sarcastic said:

fortunate that he didn't get seriously injured.. 

Today Pujara showed why he has always been a better player than phoney Rahane. Even in his waning days as a top class batsman he carries his form & gets runs consistently when he gets his touch back. Now, this is his 3rd good score in consecutive tests. Unlike that phoney who can score triple hundred in a game & the play like a novice next game

Just now, SK_IH said:

Today Pujara showed why he has always been a better player than phoney Rahane. Even in his waning days as a top class batsman he carries his form & gets runs consistently when he gets his touch back. Now, this is his 3rd good score in consecutive tests. Unlike that phoney who can score triple hundred in a game & the play like a novice next game

when did rahane score a 300? he can't even score a 200 in tests, let alone 300. he is a tailender. the batting lineup in this test should be: pant (6), thakur (7), umesh (8), rahane (9), bumrah (10), siraj (11).