Has Chetheshwar redeemed himself

10 hours ago, putrevus said:

That is utter nonsense. Dravid 2011 was all about Dravid and it did not have any bearing on the result.

Pujara 2018 was all about team , he ground the relentless attack to dust allowing others to prosper also.

Pujara 2018 is one of the finest exhibition of defensive batting against top class fast bowling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the individual performances are judged by how others did.

If others also performed,it only means conditions were easier.

Moreover we lost Zak and had to call overhill RP Singh back.No way that'd led to win vs top Eng batting.

56 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Who said it was swing friendly ? Look at the scores again . 2011 was nothing special in any aspect it made no difference .His 2002 performance was far better.

I am saying because I watched it very well. Anderson and Broad in those conditions were excellent. Pujara has never done anything extraordinary vs pace, swing or seam in bowling friendly conditions. Those wickets were very good for batting and simply didn't have enough spice for the bowlers, although that attack of Cummins and Hazel was very good. There is a reason why he averages in 20s in all four of SENW countries and remove that one series vs Australia, he is mediocre in Australia too. 

Adding to it, Pujara current version can simply score nothing vs pace, his game has become all about blocking vs pace for two hours and then scoring vs spinners while using his feet. In case, SA produce green pitches, then he won't even get  to face the spinner so there goes any hope of him scoring runs. We saw he looked embarassing in WTC Final and the reason was that NZ simply didn't played any spinner for Pujara to cash on.

Edited by Majestic