Rahane now averages less than 40 in test cricket

Gollum

Poll  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is our VC the worst investment in Indian cricket history?

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

This guy is such a serious blot to our India's batting culture. 78 tests my god.

he may be the first of many. KLR has 40 tests with a comfortably sub-40 avg. At 40 tests, rahane had an avg of 48 or so.... should have been booted a long time ago.

Edited by Vijy
Ashwin is a very underrated bat against Ingur-land. better than Jaddu in swinging conditions IMO.
In 2018, Jaddu got 80 odd runs, this series he did down the order with no batters left. Give him more chances at no 5, then we will know. When you know a player is technically ok, why not encourage him rather than the likes of Rahane?

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

On 9/2/2021 at 8:46 PM, Adamant said:

I have a solution. 

Make him the captain. 

2 mahine pehle bahut udd rahe the na tum log, ab bhugto. 

His captaincy is still a million times better than kohli and if he wins series and cups it will be worth it

As usual you miss the point by a mile 

3 hours ago, New guy said:

His captaincy is still a million times better than kohli and if he wins series and cups it will be worth it

As usual you miss the point by a mile 

You miss the point by light years. 

First fans hype up a player to the sky based on captaincy and then start crying when that hype helps him to keep a slot in the team. 

He was always a meek player(since 2016 atleast) should have been removed years ago. 

As for winning cups, he his a 39 averaging no. 5 batsman, that's what he is, will be forgotten in 5 years. 

Edited by Adamant
12 hours ago, anish2tweet said:

In 2018, Jaddu got 80 odd runs, this series he did down the order with no batters left. Give him more chances at no 5, then we will know. When you know a player is technically ok, why not encourage him rather than the likes of Rahane?

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

it's not about jadeja vs rahane though. a proper batsman must be selected in place of rahane. the comparison is jadeja vs ashwin if only one spinner is being played.

31 minutes ago, Gollum said:

How can an international batsman get out to that innocuous gun barrel straight delivery? Ghatiya player. If we lose this test Rahane is match ka mujrim, worse than Asad Shafiq. 

asad shafiq is better than rahane marginally. they are both very similar players. make some good scores every now and then and coast along thereafter