‘Classless’: World divided as Kohli trolls Barmy Army after embarrassing England

sage

22 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Dhoni had the best body language of all Indian captains I have seen. 

agreed closely followed by Kumble

Ganguly was the original watered down version of Kohli

Dravid looked too meek. more like a project manager than a captain of a sports team

Azhar looked scared even at the toss but that’s probably because of all the shady stuff in the background but always had a meek body language.

Sachin looked like he was focusing and gauging  on where he can get some easy runs in the ground instead of team combos and field placements.

Kapil Dev don’t know if he realized or even knew what  captain does based on how he comes across even now . I mean how can you not take advantage of the 83 Wc win, sell a dream and become a prime minister. He should have been a benchmark of leadership after that win.

Sunny G felt like he did have some pride when playing against western teams or WI but his attitude was always about not losing first (draw) rather than going for the kill.

Srikkanth don’t think anyone takes him seriously.

Vengasarkar don’t even remember him being captain

Ravi Shastri would have transformed our cricket probably before Ganguly but he was a pathetic selfish player himself and would have blocked a slot.

Can’t go back further in time

Dhoni and Kumble looked like actual leaders that had the fear and command over their teams and respect of their opponents.

6 minutes ago, asterix said:

I sat near to the guy Kohli was trolling. He’s the Barmy Army Trumpeter nick named Finchy. He leads all their songs and jeering. They themselves were swearing on Indian players like Kohli, Pant etc and giving FCUK OFFs once they got out. 

No harm in Kohli giving them back even if it looks but childish. Those redneck beer guzzling POMs do ask for it…

3A8FD245-69D9-49A3-BE89-8ABE15A80BBA.jpeg

Bhai you must have abused players too in the stadium, infact Kotla is famous for abusing our own players during IPL matches, it's a laugh riot sometimes. When players start reacting to crowds, it come across as childish. These are kinds of reactions crowds are seeking from players anyways. 

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

As I have said multiple times, the Englishmen who once said - 

"Tum gulaam log  hamari jooti ke neeche hi rahega,", can't really digest the fact that they are being shown their place by an equally arrogant Raging bull from India. 

Keep Crying. 

They were already shown the place on the feild. This immature juvenile behavior doesnt shown anyone anything 

Just now, New guy said:

They were already shown the place on the feild. This immature juvenile behavior doesnt shown anyone anything 

That’s true. Aus win seeems so much more

special without taking anything away from this win. The way players handled racial abuse and the way they conducted themselves made everyone stand up and respect them.

may be right now Rahane is getting the hate for his performances but years down the line he is going to be a cult hero mark my words just for that series.

Kohli’s antics right now will take the focus away on our performances.

There is a certain decorum that leaders are expected to have. You can be aggressive and give it back but this  Over the top.

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Bhai you must have abused players too in the stadium, infact Kotla is famous for abusing our own players during IPL matches, it's a laugh riot sometimes. When players start reacting to crowds, it come across as childish. These are kinds of reactions crowds are seeking from players anyways. 

I've never understood this logic. Why is it ok for crowds to abuse and poke fun but the moment players/athletes respond slightly it becomes 'childish' and 'unbecoming'?

Throwing champagne corks, abusing our players....ye sab theek hai, part of the banter and laughter riots. But if our players give the goras a slight taste of their own medicine then tauba tauba.

2 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I've never understood this logic. Why is it ok for crowds to abuse and poke fun but the moment players/athletes respond slightly it becomes 'childish' and 'unbecoming'?

Throwing champagne corks, abusing our players....ye sab theek hai, part of the banter and laughter riots. But if our players give the goras a slight taste of their own medicine then tauba tauba.

Fans vent out their frustrations, some of the match threads here are a microcosm of what happens in the ground. You cannot take those jeers seriously & distract yourself. 

This is not about giving back to goras or other such crap, it's about behaviour of an international captain on the field. He should himself laugh such fans off & get on with game. 

6 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

The crowd is the paying public, they can cheer and jeer whomever they like. Now yes there are boundaries verbally and also security threats like throwing stuff but that is the problem of the administration or the host boards. Players business is to perform on the field and answer with their skills rather than indulging with fans.

Also there are plenty of ways you can get back in a classy way even with banter.

This seems a little obnoxious.

32 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Fans vent out their frustrations, some of the match threads here are a microcosm of what happens in the ground. You cannot take those jeers seriously & distract yourself. 

This is not about giving back to goras or other such crap, it's about behaviour of an international captain on the field. He should himself laugh such fans off & get on with game. 

Forget Kohli's behaviour for a bit and tell me one thing, what gives crowds/spectators the entitlement to be abusive at all? The fact that we pay Rs.500 or Rs.1000 to be spectators? That's my fundamental point. 

It's not a level-playing field here. Spectators are allowed to give choicest abuses and will mostly escape any form of punishment but a slight reaction from the players and they end up running the risk of incurring fines and possible bans.

And please don't say that we contribute to their salaries and paychecks and hence can give them abuse. By that logic, our workplace bosses and clients can also be abusive towards us. Customers can also be abusive to businesses. 

31 minutes ago, maniac said:

The crowd is the paying public, they can cheer and jeer whomever they like. Now yes there are boundaries verbally and also security threats like throwing stuff but that is the problem of the administration or the host boards. Players business is to perform on the field and answer with their skills rather than indulging with fans.

Also there are plenty of ways you can get back in a classy way even with banter.

This seems a little obnoxious.

No such thing as civil responsibility? 

Look, Kohli is an idiot and his antics are annoying for the most part. But there are times when his antics are justified. He's a guy who feeds off the crowd, unlike someone more stoic like Dhoni, and when he's pumped, he likes to get his team and supporters in the crowd pumped as well. Some of us may like it, some of us don't.

@asterix da has given us a first hand report of what happened and I've also read reports of English fans being abusive towards Indian fans in the crowd. 

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

Juvenile behaviour, unbecoming of a leader of an international side. Aisi tuch harkate Sreesanth jese players kare tou hi sahi lagta hai

Don't forget he is the same person who was educating Indian fans to not boo Steve Smith during the WC, an absolute fake personality with fake bravado

Biggest faker I have seen ,also an immature douchebag . Earlier I used to digest it but over the time it has all become Nauseating!

10 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Forget Kohli's behaviour for a bit and tell me one thing, what gives crowds/spectators the entitlement to be abusive at all? The fact that we pay Rs.500 or Rs.1000 to be spectators? That's my fundamental point. 

It's not a level-playing field here. Spectators are allowed to give choicest abuses and will mostly escape any form of punishment but a slight reaction from the players and they end up running the risk of incurring fines and possible bans.

And please don't say that we contribute to their salaries and paychecks and hence can give them abuse. By that logic, our workplace bosses and clients can also be abusive towards us. Customers can also be abusive to businesses. 

Comprehension problem? It's a nature of fans to vent out their frustrations on players, they don't like the performance they will resort jeer. Players should be nonchalant about such antics of the crowd. I am telling you Barmy Army must have loved the reaction from Virat, thats exactly what they were seeking. You will find the civility of generous applauses in only Lords.

The ones who go out of line in the stadia are anyways taken care of by security officials in that place.

But the nub of the issue here revolves around Kohli the skipper,that's why this became news. Engaging with fans is ok but this is just a juvenile reaction.

1 hour ago, asterix said:

I sat near to the guy Kohli was trolling. He’s the Barmy Army Trumpeter nick named Finchy. He leads all their songs and jeering. They themselves were swearing on Indian players like Kohli, Pant etc and giving FCUK OFFs once they got out. 

No harm in Kohli giving them back even if it looks bit childish. Those redneck beer guzzling POMs do ask for it…

3A8FD245-69D9-49A3-BE89-8ABE15A80BBA.jpeg

That's quite normal Tbh..  I am sure it happens in every freakin game in most team sports. 

In India as well people say lot of things in their own language in stadiums. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

agreed closely followed by Kumble

Ganguly was the original watered down version of Kohli

Dravid looked too meek. more like a project manager than a captain of a sports team

Azhar looked scared even at the toss but that’s probably because of all the shady stuff in the background but always had a meek body language.

Sachin looked like he was focusing and gauging  on where he can get some easy runs in the ground instead of team combos and field placements.

Kapil Dev don’t know if he realized or even knew what  captain does based on how he comes across even now . I mean how can you not take advantage of the 83 Wc win, sell a dream and become a prime minister. He should have been a benchmark of leadership after that win.

Sunny G felt like he did have some pride when playing against western teams or WI but his attitude was always about not losing first (draw) rather than going for the kill.

Srikkanth don’t think anyone takes him seriously.

Vengasarkar don’t even remember him being captain

Ravi Shastri would have transformed our cricket probably before Ganguly but he was a pathetic selfish player himself and would have blocked a slot.

Can’t go back further in time

Dhoni and Kumble looked like actual leaders that had the fear and command over their teams and respect of their opponents.

What about the body language and demeanour of VC Rahane?

A national embarassment but not a surprise that his paid PR trolls still find virtues in his repeatedly crass behaviour which keeps sinking to new depths.

The guy is super desperate to show how great and passionate he is as a captain especially after what the team did in Australia without him. The best ever fake persona in cricket, beats even Shane Warne hands sown

9 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

That's quite normal Tbh..  I am sure it happens in every freakin game in most team sports. 

In India as well people say lot of things in their own language in stadiums. 

I've been to 50+ IPL games. Rarely ever have I heard abuse. Some chanting, some taunts, but never abuse.

Perhaps it's different in international matches.