‘Classless’: World divided as Kohli trolls Barmy Army after embarrassing England

sage

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Why CCI?

The Brabourne stopped hosting the IPL a decade ago. 

Most in South Mumbai old money circles have CCI VIP membership.

At least you've  admitted to being South Mumbai old money. My only brush with South Mumbai has been 2 years at Jai Hind college. 

Bade punya kiye honge aapne pichle janam mein. 

Kitne arab/kharab ke assamee ho aap ?

Edited by rangeelaraja
22 minutes ago, The Realist said:

What about the body language and demeanour of VC Rahane?

Led us in 4 tests, all vs Australia won 3 of them and drew 1 (one of the most amazing fightback). Showed what we missed out on while the team has been forced to be led by a clown. Safe to say, despite mediocre batting performances he would have been one of our best ever Test captains.

1 hour ago, asterix said:

I sat near to the guy Kohli was trolling. He’s the Barmy Army Trumpeter nick named Finchy. He leads all their songs and jeering. They themselves were swearing on Indian players like Kohli, Pant etc and giving FCUK OFFs once they got out. 

No harm in Kohli giving them back even if it looks bit childish. Those redneck beer guzzling POMs do ask for it…

3A8FD245-69D9-49A3-BE89-8ABE15A80BBA.jpeg

@asterix da :icflove:

I am going to quote a dialogue from a favourite movie of yours/ from your time:p:

Irshad .........

Doosron ke paap ginane se tumhare apne paap kam nahi ho jayenge. Doosron ke jurm sabbit karne se ye sachchai nahi badal sakti ki tum bhi ek mujrim ho

Apt?

PS:

+1 upvotes to the person who names the movie and the actor mouthing this.

+10 upvotes to the person whose guesses the actual location in Mumbai where this was shot.

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

@asterix da :icflove:

I am going to quote a dialogue from a favourite movie of yours/ from your time:p:

Irshad .........

Doosron ke paap ginane se tumhare apne paap kam nahi ho jayenge. Doosron ke jurm sabbit karne se ye sachchai nahi badal sakti ki tum bhi ek mujrim ho

Apt?

PS:

+1 upvotes to the person who names the movie and the actor mouthing this.

+10 upvotes to the person whose guesses the actual location in Mumbai where this was shot.

Deewar? Shashi kapoor.

Still tolerable.

He abuses/sledges Indian players including teammates, youngsters in IPL, that too for no reason.

Was trying to crack jokes with poyzzz in 2019 WC but got royally ignored by Wahab Riaz :laugh:

When you have cameras he does things like this

Virat Kohli gifts his bat to Mohammad Amir - ICC World T20 2016 News

Another image I can't find where he was playing the clown to entertain Pak players in some hotel lobby....maybe an earlier edition of Asia Cup. 

Right now trying to overcompensate for lack of runs. 

Edited by Gollum
26 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Comprehension problem? It's a nature of fans to vent out their frustrations on players, they don't like the performance they will resort jeer. Players should be nonchalant about such antics of the crowd. I am telling you Barmy Army must have loved the reaction from Virat, thats exactly what they were seeking. You will find the civility of generous applauses in only Lords.

The ones who go out of line in the stadia are anyways taken care of by security officials in that place.

But the nub of the issue here revolves around Kohli the skipper,that's why this became news. Engaging with fans is ok but this is just a juvenile reaction.

And you think it's ok and fun to do so? On what basis? You paid the price of admission? Let's move on from Kohli and talk about crowd behaviour in general.

Let me quote your own post:

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

Bhai you must have abused players too in the stadium, infact Kotla is famous for abusing our own players during IPL matches, it's a laugh riot sometimes. When players start reacting to crowds, it come across as childish. These are kinds of reactions crowds are seeking from players anyways. 

So crowd abuse is fun but player reaction is uncouth? People in the stands can be abusive clowns in the name of fun, but a player, on top of having to focus, needs to put up with this non-sense without any sort of reaction? Very hypocritical.

7 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Most in South Mumbai old money circles have CCI VIP membership.

At least you've  admitted to being South Mumbai old money. My only brush with South Mumbai has been 2 years at Jai Hind college. 

Bade punya kiye honge aapne pichle janam mein. 

Kitne arab/kharab ke assamee ho aap ?

No CCI membership, I'm afraid. :(( 

I've sat on a concrete slab at the Brabourne, and no concept of seat  numbers. The ticket only had the stand number and you go and sit anywhere you find space. There was a stray on the row ahead. :(( And some nutjob parked his car in such a way that I couldn't get my car out of the premises. And it was just a few days after my dad gifted me a car. Couldn't even leave it behind and had to wait for a very looooooong time. 

Attended some concerts there too. And a wedding! Lets just say that I'm glad that the Brabourne doesn't host the IPL anymore.

Jai Hind? Are you a Sindhi per chance? I'm sure I've seen you post in super fluent Gujju.

2 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

And you think it's ok and fun to do so? On what basis? You paid the price of admission? Let's move on from Kohli and talk about crowd behaviour in general.

So crowd abuse is fun but player reaction is uncouth? People in the stands can be abusive clowns in the name of fun, but a player, on top of having to focus, needs to put up with this non-sense without any sort of reaction? Very hypocritical.

When the said player pretends to be saintly, asks fans not to boo a criminal match fixer or a sandpaper artist because they are his 'friends' (all for building up his personal image), it does become hypocritical of him when he himself goes on mouthing off profanities non-stop.

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

No CCI membership, I'm afraid. :(( 

I've sat on a concrete slab at the Brabourne, and no concept of seat  numbers. The ticket only had the stand number and you go and sit anywhere you find space. There was a stray on the row ahead. :(( And some nutjob parked his car in such a way that I couldn't get my car out of the premises. And it was just a few days after my dad gifted me a car. Couldn't even leave it behind and had to wait for a very looooooong time. 

Attended some concerts there too. And a wedding! Lets just say that I'm glad that the Brabourne doesn't host the IPL anymore.

Jai Hind? Are you a Sindhi per chance? I'm sure I've seen you post in super fluent Gujju.

Kutchi Gujarati not Sindhi. Was dating an IAS officer's daughter who lived right opposite CCI. Opted for Jai Hind for my FYJC and SYJC just to spend more time with her.

Other wise for a suburban Gujju - Mithibai is the place to do 2 years of college. 

2 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

You have seen any cricket in stadium? I have seen the likes of Rohit, Ishant, even Shaw handle such taunts from crowds with more maturity than clown leading India atm. 

Crowds are not there to only cheer their favourite crickters, if they don't perform they will boo them as well & there will be some abuses. They are not throwing stones, if they do they will face the consequences.

The playerr should be smart enough to focus on game ignoring all these external noise. It's part & parcel of international sport. MSD rightly said you play for the country, not for the crowd. Do not take them so seriously.

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

At least he isn't making obscene gestures.....be thankful for that.

Kohli fined for showing middle finger

The market reality is that this imagery, however contrived it may seem is the reason for his brand value.

This drives the Kohli brand. He has to be brash. In your face.  Rude. And has to have a say in everything.

All of that explains the 100m on the gram. But he just isn't the batsman he was. He doesn't deserve to be in the t20 line up. But he will make it through. That's where it starts to hurt. He basically puts his marketability over the needs of the team.

Before any one prompts, sure Dhoni did that too. But Dhoni had some spunk in him even in his last days. Razor sharp reflexes as a WK and some power hitting. And great captaincy.

Kohli only has his antics.

Edited by Mariyam
3 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

When the said player pretends to be saintly, asks fans not to boo a criminal match fixer or a sandpaper artist because they are his 'friends' (all for building up his personal image), it does become hypocritical of him when he himself goes on mouthing off profanities non-stop.

Kohli is an idiot, universally accepted fact. 

But keep him aside for a moment and tell me, is it ok for fans to be abusive towards players in the name of fun and laugh riots? And then when players react, to start crying foul? I'm speaking in a general context.

4 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Today he will do a women empowerment video on SM, launch a campaign in partnership with some media group and all that.....tomorrow he will mouth MC-BC after fall of a wicket. This chomu must first explain how BC is a women empowerment slogan. 

Enjoys fireworks celebration during birthdays, wedding, anniversary etc. and then come Diwali he will pose with his foreign breed dog and cry about how bad crackers are for dogs and the environment.

Just PR. 

9 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The market reality is that this imagery, however contrived it may seem is the reason for his brand value.

This drives the Kohli brand. He has to be brash. In your face.  Rude. And has to have a say in everything.

All of that explains the 100m on the gram. But he just isn't the batsman he was. He doesn't deserve to be in the t20 line up. But he will make it through. That's where it starts to hurt. He basically puts his marketability over the needs of the team.

Before any one prompts, sure Dhoni did that too. But Dhoni had some spunk in him even in his last days. Razor sharp reflexes as a WK and some power hitting. And great captaincy.

Kohli only has his antics.

Wanted to upvote this, then you started praising Dhoni. 

3 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Kohli is an idiot, universally accepted fact. 

But keep him aside for a moment and tell me, is it ok for fans to be abusive towards players in the name of fun and laugh riots? And then when players react, to start crying foul? I'm speaking in a general context.

Nope it is not under any circumstances, abuse of any sort has no place in sport.

And precisely why the captain of a national team shouldn't be going all MC-BC to show his fake aggression. Tens of millions watch him and think it's cool to be abusive. It then reflects in their behaviour on the ground. Not saying such abusive behaviour by the crowd was not there before, but it definitely has gone a few levels up in recent times.

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Wanted to upvote this, then you started praising Dhoni. 

I would take Dhoni in a heart beat as our T20 captain today over Kohli. Even today.

He will out captain Virat. He will bat waaay down the order and not waste as many deliveries and yet score just as much.

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

You have seen any cricket in stadium? I have seen the likes of Rohit, Ishant, even Shaw handle such taunts from crowds with more maturity than clown leading India atm. 

Crowds are not there to only cheer their favourite crickters, if they don't perform they will boo them as well & there will be some abuses. They are not throwing stones, if they do they will face the consequences.

The playerr should be smart enough to focus on game ignoring all these external noise. It's part & parcel of international sport. MSD rightly said you play for the country, not for the crowd. Do not take them so seriously.

So you think it's justified to abuse players for fun. Got it. 

I haven't seen cricket at a stadium but I have seen other sports (American sports). Not sure how it's relevant but no matter what sport it is, a crowd being abusive towards players for fun is not on in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Nope it is not under any circumstances, abuse of any sort has no place in sport.

And precisely why the captain of a national team shouldn't be going all MC-BC to show his fake aggression. Tens of millions watch him and think it's cool to be abusive. It then reflects in their behaviour on the ground. Not saying such abusive behaviour by the crowd was not there before, but it definitely has gone a few levels up in recent times.

Agree on both counts. At least you're not defending idiotic behaviour, player or crowd.