‘Classless’: World divided as Kohli trolls Barmy Army after embarrassing England

sage

36 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Just some Indians showing why they wil always be ghulaams, most of them are NRI's, no surprise there. 

There is no dileri whatsoever heaping abuse on a crowd that is 100+ meters away and you've 20-30 ground marshalls or whatever they are called in between.

If the English fans are being abusive/racist towards our fans and our team above what is the norm, the BCCI should take it up with the English board and ask them to ban the fans or deny playing in those grounds again. That would pinch them.

Kohli's work is to score runs. Period. Not be a vigilante gunning for his version of instant justice.

1 minute ago, jalebi_bhai said:

So you think it's justified to abuse players for fun. Got it. 

I haven't seen cricket at a stadium but I have seen other sports (American sports). Not sure how it's relevant but no matter what sport it is, a crowd being abusive towards players for fun is not on in my opinion. 

Abusing is one aspect, players get taunted/jeered all time especially when they are fielding near the boundary, it's not as if abusing a player is being exalted as some feat but the point is you need to not let these things bother you because if they are the mischief crowd achieve their goal

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Abusing is one aspect, players get taunted/jeered all time especially when they are fielding near the boundary, it's not as if abusing a player is being exalted as some feat but the point is you need to not let these things bother you because if they are the mischief crowd achieve their goal

I mean, you did say that you find it funny.

The thing is, this sort of stuff can get out of hand really quickly amongst fans themselves. I remember there was brawling involved after the Pakistan-Afghanistan WC game. During the Euros, there were reports of hooliganism by English fans. These sort of things spiral out of control very quickly and it usually all starts with a few abuses being exchanged.

13 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

There is no dileri whatsoever heaping abuse on a crowd that is 100+ meters away and you've 20-30 ground marshalls or whatever they are called in between.

If the English fans are being abusive/racist towards our fans and our team above what is the norm, the BCCI should take it up with the English board and ask them to ban the fans or deny playing in those grounds again. That would pinch them.

Kohli's work is to score runs. Period. Not be a vigilante gunning for his version of instant justice.

How do you propose they recognize the offenders? 

We literally had people chucking champagne corks at our players at Lord's, guess what the authorities did? With so many cameras around they couldn't even spot the offenders.

4 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I mean, you did say that you find it funny.

The thing is, this sort of stuff can get out of hand really quickly amongst fans themselves. I remember there was brawling involved after the Pakistan-Afghanistan WC game. During the Euros, there were reports of hooliganism by English fans. These sort of things spiral out of control very quickly and it usually all starts with a few abuses being exchanged.

I think those kind of clashes generally take place when the crowds or fans become violent amongst themselves. That's a completely different dimension. 

That fun part has wrongly construed by you, I cannot explain those punjabi verbals in Delhi stadium, when the bowler just got blasted or a misfield takes place, just harmless stuff. You got to experience it to understand that.

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

That's quite normal Tbh..  I am sure it happens in every freakin game in most team sports. 

In India as well people say lot of things in their own language in stadiums. 

Agree to an extent but having sat in the midst of them I can tell you that lots of friendly banter goes on. There were Bharat Army guys too in that section and banter goes on. 
However this Kohli reaction must’ve some history with them in previous matches. There were stuff thrown at Indian players in this series.
I’m not defending Kohli. But he’s in his own right to celebrate whichever way he likes. As long as he’s not making any ugly gestures like flipping fingers etc. 

He does has issues with reactions he gets. On one hand he says the team don’t care about what’s being said outside about individual stats etc but he does choses occasions to let his emotions out. 

Edited by asterix
13 hours ago, putrevus said:

He has to cut down these antics, he is looking more like clown. Be fiesty but don't become an idiot fighting with fans.Don't make yourself above other teammmates. I don't understand his need to celebrate seperately from the team huddle whenever wicket falls. 

Remember....he is part of the " big four"....not these insignificant others.:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Who decides that? 

You need characters in the game, he is one of them. He raises the excitement level and is the biggest cricket superstar in the world. 

Go check out what abuses the windies of the 80s  used to hurl. Vivian Richards, Waugh, Symonds, Kp were all known for the same and they are fondly remembered not just for their batting but for their distinctiveness.

@Mariyam

Your definition of a cricketer starts and ends with SRT but for me he was hardly exciting, actually I was more excited by the contents of my handkerchief the last time I blew my nose instead of watching SRT on field. 

So please don't apply your template on all others - hame apne mai shaamil mat karein, ham alag hain. 

Edited by Adamant