ECB wants India to forfeit 5th Test; BCCI says no; Team India says 'we'll play'

5 minutes ago, asterix said:

Not for visiting teams or teams involved in tournaments. Else if it’s normal and free for all, no events can be organised. Like the Manchester test can be cancelled. No organiser, no Media promoter, no sponsors will agree to it. What are you talking about?

So why didn't England opt for bio bubble? All these things are useless without bio bubble. They stay in hotels which are the most infection prone spaces.

Start play tomorrow and if abandoned due to any cases ind win series. Win win.

The World Test Championship playing conditions, though, state that a Covid-19 outbreak within a team is an acceptable reason for a Test to be abandoned. With the WTC table now based on the percentage of points available, a four-Test series instead of five would not have impacted any side's final tally. In case the final Test had not been played, India would pocket 26 WTC points while England will have 14 out of the 48 that was available.

This is why ECB wanted a forfeiture 

The row over forfeiture or cancellation has huge ramifications for the ECB. If the match was forfeited by India then the ECB are covered by insurance for losses of around £40m, in the same way they would be if the game was forfeited for the death of a monarch or a terrorist attack.

But if the match was cancelled by Covid, the ECB are not covered by insurance leaving them with a huge whole (sic) in their finances, a year after losing £16m.

The ECB are furious that India’s head coach, Ravi Shastri, attended a book launch in London last week along with 150 members of the public. He was the first member of the India party to test positive. The book launch had not been cleared by the ECB’s covid compliance department.

The BCCI are refusing at this stage to forfeit the match and accept liability. It would mean the series is a 2-2 draw.

The matter could end up being resolved by the International Cricket Council’s dispute resolution committee.

16 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Without strict bio-bubble, such agreements are useless. 

Yes agreements signed by both parties are now useless because you say so. You decide on A whim what agreement is useless AFTERWARDS.

I am not even sure some if you have ever had any real jobs. You have no idea how even agreeemtns work? Baffling. 

I think i have to agree with may posters here, you are just trolling at this point by being contrarian. There js no way a functioning adult dorsnt know how agreements work 

Just now, rkt.india said:

Not the first time some match is cancelled due to Covid.

Yes and lost relations and fights over 40 million dollars.

P.s.i believe you are just trolling now and pretending to be dumb and missing the point intentinslly. I agree with those posters here

Heck you pretended agreements are uselessly just  becuase you decided

Either you are really really dumb or just trolling at this point