The players didn't want to play.

goose

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

How are they putting their families at risk then they have been tested negative and so have the opposition  :confused:?

Am I missing something here?

Because it takes up to 10 days for COVID tests to accurately reflect a patient's state.  It is eminently possible that one or more players is already positive, but testing negative.  And by not playing and isolating, players who are NOT currently infected, give themselves the best chance of avoiding it.  

To spell it out even further - let's assume 1 or 2 players - say Rohit and Pujara - guys with niggles who have been getting repeated treatements from physio recently, have caught it and are currently asymptomatic.  By playing the test, guys like Rahane, who may be COVID-free, are at risk of catching it and passing it on to their unvaccinated child.  

What of this, you do not undestand?

Now that I have spelt this out to you, I fully expect you to run away from this discussion, without acknowledging your delusions. 

Edited by sandeep
3 minutes ago, Serpico said:

None of the players tested positive. They could have taken the decision after further tests and if someone tested positive. I doubt the contract says indian players can call off the series anytime they feel worried

Do you even understand how COVID testing works? I spelt out the risk that exists in a response above to maniac already: 

Because it takes up to 10 days for COVID tests to accurately reflect a patient's state.  It is eminently possible that one or more players is already positive, but testing negative.  And by not playing and isolating, players who are NOT currently infected, give themselves the best chance of avoiding it.  

To spell it out even further - let's assume 1 or 2 players - say Rohit and Pujara - guys with niggles who have been getting repeated treatements from physio recently, have caught it and are currently asymptomatic.  By playing the test, guys like Rahane, who may be COVID-free, are at risk of catching it and passing it on to their unvaccinated child.  

What of this, you do not understand?

1 minute ago, kepler37b said:

So senior players were concerned about missing IPL? And not their personal safety? 

BCCI should crack the Whip and let the entire team quarantine and continue with the next test. 

Only handful of players will be missed in IPL. 

No, just give them a few months break to spend time with their families. We can take the younger players to wt20 like 2007

1 minute ago, LordPrabhzy said:

But but but... Rahane was worried about his unvaccinated child right? @sandeep

Yes. And why should Indian players sacrifice their IPL earnings while taking on personal risk to self and family?  Are you going to pay their IPL salaries - which they do not get if they are not fit and available to play - if they end up contracting COVID because they stayed around to play T5? 

"* their risks - health and financial - I want to watch cricket, jack off on India winning, and if they don't I want to jack off by ranting on blaming my favorite 'hated' player."  Right? 

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

their risks - health and financial - I want to watch cricket, jack off on India winning, and if they don't I want to jack off by ranting on blaming my favorite 'hated' player."  Right? 

No brother, we want Rahane to go home and spend quality time with his kids. In fact he should have done it before the series started. Playing in crowded stadium was rife with covid risk. He shouldn't have taken that risk at all

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Apparently that is what the rulebook says. Match ref will have the final say.

We could have waited for 2 days and sensed the mood, possible ECB moves etc. We showed our cards too early. Doubt the BCCI gadhas even knew who takes the forfeiture call. 

You are forgetting one thing there is a clause in wtc rulebook that in case of covid , players have right to not play considering safety and health,so its not that easy to award the match

5 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

But but but why cannot players be worried about both their families and IPL? Are they mutually exclusive? Why are you such a simp for these foreign pubs who are *known* to push stories in a way that shows up BCCI/India bad?

Are you saying there is not a remote possibility that Indian seniors did not cite missing IPL as a reason for their apprehension? Forget this article for a second... 

Unless you were present at the team meeting then you can give us a definite answer

11 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Are you saying there is not a remote possibility that Indian seniors did not cite missing IPL as a reason for their apprehension? Forget this article for a second... 

Unless you were present at the team meeting then you can give us a definite answer

Even if it was a concern, what is so wrong about that?  If you are personally in their shoes - where you are legally allowed to choose to prioritize personal safety, and personal finances, would you "sacrifice" it all for ECB's benefit?  

Why is it wrong for a player to protect their health and finances, when he's well within his rights to do that?  The rules regarding COVID are not confusing - given that the support staff tested positive, Indian players had the legal right to refuse to play T5.  That's that.  Its not a crime to do that.

How come English players were not concerned about this? In fact I was expecting them to chicken out of the test series after I heard Shastri’a news 

and then @sandeep would have had a different narrative of how they wanted to escape the drubbing etc :laugh:

Butler,Malan and Bairstow are playing the IPL and WT20 too FYI.

Edited by maniac
5 minutes ago, maniac said:

How come English players were not concerned about this? In fact I was expecting them to chicken out of the test series after I heard Shastri’a news 

and then @sandeep would have had a different narrative of how they wanted to escape the drubbing etc :laugh:

Butler,Malan and Bairstow are playing the IPL and WT20 too FYI.

Posting this and then Liking through @sage account 2 mins later. How are you doing that? :hatsoff:

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

again with the fake strawman.

And when you get called out on this crap, you "get your chaddis in a twist" and cry about 'personal attacks'.  Please don't spam with me private apology messages again ok:laugh:

17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

again with the fake strawman.

And when you get called out on this crap, you "get your chaddis in a twist" and cry about 'personal attacks'.  Please don't spam with me private apology messages again ok:laugh:

I am assuming you don’t get too many mails or messages. Also it’s scary you still remember that. I thought I crossed a line with a couple of posts , apologized and moved on but you still talk about it. Do you have printouts of it in a locker somewhere ? It’s creepy.

Edited by maniac