World Cup bound England players will miss IPL Playoffs

3 hours ago, zen said:

OOH, Eng players would play for their country in the series in Pak which clashes with IPL playoffs; OTOH, Ind players used the COVID scare to cancel a test (which could potentially jeopardize Ind chances of winning the series for the country) to immediately fly to UAE (therefore in touch with franchises even during the test series) in time for the first few games at IPL 

Which team that has all its support staff quarantined is going to play a test match the next day? No one. In fact, if same thing had happened to England in India, they would left on 4th day Oval test if their coach was tested.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Which team that has all its support staff quarantined is going to play a test match the next day? No one. In fact, if same thing had happened to England in India, they would left on 4th day Oval test if their coach was tested.

There should be proper investigation (if at all it happens) why, how and ‘is it really true’ that all these support staff got infected and quarantined while the players they were in contact with magically were Covid negative through out, flew off to Dubai and will participate in IPL.

I can bet that no one (Inshallah) will become Covid positive in IPL even after hobnobbing with infected support staff few days ago. That’s the miracle of BCCI players. The World would like to know which BCCI Vaccine these players have received… :grin:  

I mean I’m all for “Players & Family safety” is paramour etc. But “Khuda Na Khasta” (God Forbid) if it comes out that Deceit and False information used by BCCI to ensure IPL starts on time, I never be able to respect these players. God is watching from above. You ditch somebody using false information, you might have to pay yourself some other day….

Edited by asterix
39 minutes ago, asterix said:

There should be proper investigation (if at all it happens) why, how and ‘is it really true’ that all these support staff got infected and quarantined while the players they were in contact with magically were Covid negative through out, flew off to Dubai and will participate in IPL.

I can bet that no one (Inshallah) will become Covid positive in IPL even after hobnobbing with infected support staff few days ago. That’s the miracle of BCCI players. The World would like to know which BCCI Vaccine these players have received… :grin:  

I mean I’m all for “Players & Family safety” is paramour etc. But “Khuda Na Khasta” (God Forbid) if it comes out that Deceit and False information used by BCCI to ensure IPL starts on time, I never be able to respect these players. God is watching from above. You ditch somebody using false information, you might have to pay yourself some other day….

Isn't testing in UK done as per UK govt protocols? Are you suggesting BCCI influenced NHS (or the local health authority) to declare Shastri and the other coaches covid positive?

29 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Isn't testing in UK done as per UK govt protocols? Are you suggesting BCCI influenced NHS (or the local health authority) to declare Shastri and the other coaches covid positive?

You can do your self Lateral test too and inform the NHS about your test results.

4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

@rangeelaraja @ShoonyaSifar @deathmonger - Guys pls stop fighting and stay on topic. This thread is not to discuss NRIs.

I was both an NRI with a permanent work visa and am now living in India. 

As a  direct result of this thread I am now punching myself in the face with both hands alternately.  But that’s ok because I’m #winningeverytime this here argument. 

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

An irrelevant point. Teams can  take the responsibility to play. Please do not make stuff up - a lack of support staff is not a concern. Test match was cancelled on the day of the match (if you know what that equates to). 

Here is the quote from Ganguly: 

“India's cricket board (BCCI) chief 

Sourav Ganguly said their players refused to play the fifth and final Test against England due to COVID-19 concerns and denied that the upcoming Indian Premier League had played any part in the decision.”

"The players were devastated when they came to know that he had tested positive for COVID-19. They feared they must have contracted the disease and were dead scared."

"The BCCI will never be an irresponsible board. We value other boards too," he said, adding that the match is likely to be held as a one-off match next year.”

Link

Everything goes back to the point already made - including potentially not winning the 1 off test (as the team may not be as attuned to playing conditions as it was with 4 tests already under its belt in the series)

Edited by zen