Unfortunate we ended up in IPL early, hopefully we can maintain strong, bio-secure environment: Virat Kohli

coffee_rules

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Unfortunate Covid outbreak. Have umpteen times. No team will play a test match the next day whose support staff is isolated and 8-10 players are close contacts. This simple thing people fail to understand.

We understand it allright. These are pampered bastard#.

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

@Khota@figo6762@Finer micheal holdins of icf. did i miss anyone. please add them to the list. I think figo and finer are padosis. I can understand their scenario :phehe: still micheal holdings. someone create a special thread on the micheal holdings of icf.

I dont care about what padosis say but you saying this about me is hurtful.

This is a contract they have signed. They have to honor it.

Today I will not go to work and claim that the bus on outer ring road had a chance to getting into an accident. It is unfortunate.

3 hours ago, RedFever said:

Nowhere except on ICF, people are making such a big deal of the last test being canceled. New threads are popping up daily discussing the same topic blaming BCCI and the Indian team. People here are more concerned about themselves not having anything to watch on TV than the players who just went through a 3 month long tour.

If Kohli or someone else cant handle the three month tour there is plenty of depth in India who are ready to play.

Top cricket players are greedy. They dont want to let go.

6 hours ago, raki05 said:

Does a player needs to get infected for a test match to be cancelled? Even if entire support staff got infected one by one it doesn't seems plausible reason for cancellation. 4th test was not cancelled as 3-4 days of test was already over and at that time physio with whom players work everyday post day ends or during match was not infected. He infected later in any case managing one or two days of a continued test without any staff is not big deal than playing entire 5 day test without physio and support staff and also in the fear of covid outbreak.

If you are vaccinated and you can field 11 you have to play.

4 minutes ago, goose said:

this is really the crux of the matter. the rest is noise. being vaccinated didn't stop 4 support staff testing positive though. maybe it was a new Shastri strain.

That is called Breakthrough COVID-19 and it happens with the new mutated strains. This is rare though and I is still a low percentage event.

Protocol is if you are vaccinated and you came in contact with someone you dont have to quarantine.

We are lettingthese pampered players get away with excuses.

To end this topic now ( as its been dragged on unnecessarily for a few days) people can argue both sides ( ECB didnt want to delay test start or IPL was more important to Indian players) till official comms by both boards are released to the press for everyone to see; which they arent. So no point infighting amongs yourselves because the Boards didnt really care about us fans to give the truth and full picture.

IMO the test should have been postponed by 2/3 days to ensure no players test positive further and by then some support staff would have been available for the players. Yes 2/3 IPL matches may be missed but a Eng overseas test series win should be up there in terms of importance- BCCI could have reimbursed the franchises for any losses due to these missed matches. England have tried to play the dirty to ensure the match ends as a forfeit so they can claim on their insurance. Either way without official comms we wont know.

Best case scenario: Match is cancelled and we win series 2-1

Worst case scenario: Match is awarded to Eng and we draw 2-2. Considering we have been hammered in the last 2 series a draw is not bad ( and we get to retain the Trophy).

Either way money is the prime importance to both boards; ECB with their Hundred and BCCI with IPL.. so lets not kid ourselves that these are the prime motivators for any decision making. 'Serious' cricket fans cant do anything about it im afraid, so lets just suck it up move on and wait till the next test series ( SA away)

6 minutes ago, goose said:

Not ambiguous at all.

Go read the full article.

When you do not need to self-isolate

If someone you live with has symptoms of COVID-19, or has tested positive for COVID-19, you will not need to self-isolate if any of the following apply:

• you're fully vaccinated – this means 14 days have passed since your final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine given by the NHS
  • you're under 18 years, 6 months old
  • you're taking part or have taken part in a COVID-19 vaccine trial
  • you're not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons

6 minutes ago, goose said:

How is it?

I live in the UK and it is very clear: If you are double vaccinated, unless you have symptoms you DONT have to isolate if you come into contact with someone with a positive test. Whats ambiguous in this?

4 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

To end this topic now ( as its been dragged on unnecessarily for a few days) people can argue both sides ( ECB didnt want to delay test start or IPL was more important to Indian players) till official comms by both boards are released to the press for everyone to see; which they arent. So no point infighting amongs yourselves because the Boards didnt really care about us fans to give the truth and full picture.

IMO the test should have been postponed by 2/3 days to ensure no players test positive further and by then some support staff would have been available for the players. Yes 2/3 IPL matches may be missed but a Eng overseas test series win should be up there in terms of importance- BCCI could have reimbursed the franchises for any losses due to these missed matches. England have tried to play the dirty to ensure the match ends as a forfeit so they can claim on their insurance. Either way without official comms we wont know.

Best case scenario: Match is cancelled and we win series 2-1

Worst case scenario: Match is awarded to Eng and we draw 2-2. Considering we have been hammered in the last 2 series a draw is not bad ( and we get to retain the Trophy).

Either way money is the prime importance to both boards; ECB with their Hundred and BCCI with IPL.. so lets not kid ourselves that these are the prime motivators for any decision making. 'Serious' cricket fans cant do anything about it im afraid, so lets just suck it up move on and wait till the next test series ( SA away)

There are no two sides.

BCCI erred because of pampered players.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

There are no two sides.

BCCI erred because of pampered players.

If you look at my previous posts, I have been critical of Indian camp of having the cake and wanting to eat it too.. they want to have all the freedoms and enjoyment to do everything the UK public wants to do and then get 'dead scared' of catching covid despite being double vaccinated. Not missing any IPL matches WAS a consideration in their decision making not to play the match. Unless we get official comms released saying they wanted to delay by 2/3 days and ECB refusing, then we can assume the prime reason was their feelings and fear they might get covid.

1 minute ago, LordPrabhzy said:

How is it?

I live in the UK and it is very clear: If you are double vaccinated, unless you have symptoms you DONT have to isolate if you come into contact with someone with a positive test. Whats ambiguous in this?

so do i. you're right the formal advice is clear.  but the vaccinations didn't stop the support staff from catching it. so can you blame the players for freaking out?