Unfortunate we ended up in IPL early, hopefully we can maintain strong, bio-secure environment: Virat Kohli

coffee_rules

When it is not your ass which is on the line, any moron can say  it is not a big deal nobody tested positive so why they did not play the test. When you are dealing wiith little kids who are not vaccinated , it is terrifying thought of carrying the infection to them.

The players had every right to be terrfied after their last physio tested positive.Only a moron would downplay that fear.

35 minutes ago, Khota said:

If you are vaccinated and you can field 11 you have to play.

We are not talking about a t20 match here it's all important final test of a mercuiral series. Where lot of strategies, coaching and to cover any minor injury physio would be required. No one can just show up and play the crucial match of an important series just like that just to satiate satisfaction of some fans or greedy ECB who themselves run out of SA just on a suspicion that they might get covid. I dont see any issue with what India did and blaming ipl for it is complete nonsense. We won series fare and square if they are crying they robbed off a series dont forget we would have won first test if rain did not appear. Also vaccination doesn't guarantee you can't catch the virus you might not get hospitalized but kids travelling with cricketers could potentially get critically ill.

Edited by raki05
41 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

If you look at my previous posts, I have been critical of Indian camp of having the cake and wanting to eat it too.. they want to have all the freedoms and enjoyment to do everything the UK public wants to do and then get 'dead scared' of catching covid despite being double vaccinated. Not missing any IPL matches WAS a consideration in their decision making not to play the match. Unless we get official comms released saying they wanted to delay by 2/3 days and ECB refusing, then we can assume the prime reason was their feelings and fear they might get covid.

That to me is a ground for forfeiture.

pampered basta$#s.

37 minutes ago, raki05 said:

We are not talking about a t20 match here it's all important final test of a mercuiral series. Where lot of strategies, coaching and to cover any minor injury physio would be required. No one can just show up and play the crucial match of an important series just like that just to satiate satisfaction of some fans or greedy ECB who themselves run out of SA just on a suspicion that they might get covid. I dont see any issue with what India did and blaming ipl for it is complete nonsense. We won series fare and square if they are crying they robbed off a series dont forget we would have won first test if rain did not appear. Also vaccination doesn't guarantee you can't catch the virus you might not get hospitalized but kids travelling with cricketers could potentially get critically ill.

Why are the kids travelling? This is a job not a phoren trip.

See how Euro was held. This is a loss fair and square. Dont pamper these players anymore.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Fear of getting covid is perfectly valid reason for cancellation.How the hell are they pampered?

No  it is not.

Fear of COVID means only one thing. You are a coward.

I go to work everyday. How is my job less dangerous then theirs and I will not enough money in my lifetime what they make in a day.

45 minutes ago, putrevus said:

When it is not your ass which is on the line, any moron can say  it is not a big deal nobody tested positive so why they did not play the test. When you are dealing wiith little kids who are not vaccinated , it is terrifying thought of carrying the infection to them.

The players had every right to be terrfied after their last physio tested positive. Only a moron would downplay that fear.

But they were ok in the prior two months going to restaurants and gatherings where they COULD contract the virus despite being vaccinated AND also being with their families throughout the tour. Why does the fear of passing it to their kids only come in when they have an option to cancel the last test and fly off to IPL early- this argument is utter bullshit. I can get on board with the lack of physios which is a risk during the match as players need conditioning to continue playing. But lets not bring emotional blackmail attitiude when actions by these players defy the logic.

Just now, Khota said:

No  it is not.

Fear of COVID means only one thing. You are a coward.

I go to work everyday. How is my job less dangerous then theirs and I will not enough money in my lifetime what they make in a day.

Where do you get these ridiculous theories, They work 24/7 on their bodies and that is their work . Their bodies are their investment. You will be responsible if someone in their families get infected or god forbid dies?

You got to work and you maintain social distancing and wear masks. You are doing everything you can to prevent infection. Players cannot do any of that on the field.You going to work is your choice. I don't see why players have to choose your choice.

Why are you bringing money into it. They make more money because someone is paying them well for their talents. No one stopped you from making more money, why do you care how much money they make, are they caring how much money you are making.

I don't understand this nonsense on why people bring money into equation, who cares how much money they make , someone is paying them so good for them.  

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Unfortunate Covid outbreak. Have umpteen times. No team will play a test match the next day whose support staff is isolated and 8-10 players are close contacts. This simple thing people fail to understand.

Should collect all such namoonas and release them to spend the night in covid ward without ppe. Then ask them how they feel. 

14 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

But they were ok in the prior two months going to restaurants and gatherings where they COULD contract the virus despite being vaccinated AND also being with their families throughout the tour. Why does the fear of passing it to their kids only come in when they have an option to cancel the last test and fly off to IPL early- this argument is utter bullshit. I can get on board with the lack of physios which is a risk during the match as players need conditioning to continue playing. But lets not bring emotional blackmail attitiude when actions by these players defy the logic.

Were there any restrictions in  UK when they went to restaurants.They have lives, why is living life all of sudden a crime.Did they break any laws of the land.Did they get drunk and create nuisance.They did everything right, they got vaccinated  and  yet  people close to them got infected.

Indian team was in UK for two months doing nothing , ECB could played this test lot earlier too but they had their 100 to worry about if ECB is right in doing what they did, players are also right in doing they did. I don't see why is this a big deal.

Stop bringing IPL into picture. Playing IPL is not a crime. IPL will have different training staff who are clean and that is good enough reason for any player..