Unfortunate we ended up in IPL early, hopefully we can maintain strong, bio-secure environment: Virat Kohli

coffee_rules

33 minutes ago, Finer said:

Any players who evades from responsibilities and commitments and not being punished are pampered. We call them rich spoilt children.

Players have responsibility first to themselves and their families. Every other thing comes later so for some thin skinned people that is hard to digest. You can call them anything you want , it does not become fact.

They have earned that right to make that choice. It does not make them rich spoilt children.

9 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Were there any restrictions in  UK when they went to restaurants.They have lives, why is living life all of sudden a crime.Did they break any laws of the land.Did they get drunk and create nuisance.They did everything right, they got vaccinated  and  yet  people close to them got infected.

Indian team was in UK for two months doing nothing , ECB could played this test lot earlier too but they had their 100 to worry about if ECB is right in doing what they did, players are also right in doing they did. I don't see why is this a big deal.

Stop bringing IPL into picture. Playing IPL is not a crime. IPL will have different training staff who are clean and that is good enough reason for any player..

When have i said its a crime? I simply responded the point about kids and the associated risk to them when they were chilling? And you didnt answer; again ill ask the question. Was the risk of their kids getting the virus only during the last test match period and it wasnt a risk? All im saying there is a degree of accepting the risk by your actions- if you are ok with chosing to relax and enjoy the risk is still the same as it was on the day of the 5th test match. The ONLY thing that was different at the later stage that there was the IPL starting soon. Again i havent said playing it is a crime so stop putting words in my mouth. They just have to be upfront where their priorities lie so we as fans can stop getting so emotional about international cricket and about results when the players themselves are not

2 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

When have i said its a crime? I simply responded the point about kids and the associated risk to them when they were chilling? And you didnt answer; again ill ask the question. Was the risk of their kids getting the virus only during the last test match period and it wasnt a risk? All im saying there is a degree of accepting the risk by your actions- if you are ok with chosing to relax and enjoy the risk is still the same as it was on the day of the 5th test match. The ONLY thing that was different at the later stage that there was the IPL starting soon. Again i havent said playing it is a crime so stop putting words in my mouth. They just have to be upfront where their priorities lie so we as fans can stop getting so emotional about international cricket and about results when the players themselves are not

yes because of being close contacts of covid positive physio

4 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

You answered your own question.Did any of their close associates get infected before fourth test.Shastri was first to get infected during fourth test, they finished the fourth test they did not run away from it. Once their last remaining  physio got infected they had every right to be terrified.

I don't understand why that is a problem.

7 minutes ago, Lord said:

yes because of being close contacts of covid positive physio

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You answered your own question.Did any of their close associates get infected before fourth test.Shastri was first to get infected during fourth test, they finished the fourth test they did not run away from it. Once their last remaining  physio got infected they had every right to be terrified.

I don't understand why that is a problem.

Again the risk of getting infected at a restaurant etc is the SAME. They may be asymptomatic and can pass it on to their kids.. I wasnt talking about the physios and as I said I agree that reasoning. I do not agree with kids being brought in as a BS excuse as medically and scientifically their kids were at risk of getting covid from the cricketers regardless of which point in the tour.

They tested negative many times prior to the 5th test and tested negative in Dubai.. so far no reports of any players till now testing positive for Covid. Which means it shows that it is not necessary to be positive despite being in contact with someone who has

Just now, LordPrabhzy said:

Again the risk of getting infected at a restaurant etc is the SAME. They may be asymptomatic and can pass it on to their kids.. I wasnt talking about the physios and as I said I agree that reasoning. I do not agree with kids being brought in as a BS excuse as medically and scientifically their kids were at risk of getting covid from the cricketers regardless of which point in the tour.

They tested negative many times prior to the 5th test and tested negative in Dubai.. so far no reports of any players till now testing positive for Covid. Which means it shows that it is not necessary to be positive despite being in contact with someone who has

As long as everyone close to players tested negative they were fine but once people getting positive, they were right to be concerned, they never brought kids as an excuse, I am assuming that would be one of the main concern to players as most of them have young children who are not vaccinnated .

23 minutes ago, putrevus said:

As long as everyone close to players tested negative they were fine but once people getting positive, they were right to be concerned, they never brought kids as an excuse, I am assuming that would be one of the main concern to players as most of them have young children who are not vaccinnated .

when players took the Families on tour . They have taken a calculated risk. 

none of the media reports have mentioned kids or families . They took the families to enjoy the additional freedom that the uk offered . Risk vs Reward … 

If they were thinking about their family they should not be book signing . 

only ppl in this forum bring this up

it is slap in the face of people who work in grocery stores and mass transit where they are probably exposed more levels of covid . They don’t stop going to work because of fear of covid . They accept the risk take precautions and mitigations and go to work .

why should cricket players be treated  differently. 

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Why are the kids travelling? This is a job not a phoren trip.

See how Euro was held. This is a loss fair and square. Dont pamper these players anymore.

You are saying it in hindsight. BTW what do you expect players shoul live without family for months. It's easy saying relaxin In your house with your family than really going through it. India was on continuous tour in last one year they ll hardly get time to spend with their families if you put families restrictions. Think practically.

Edited by raki05
30 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

when players took the Families on tour . They have taken a calculated risk. 

none of the media reports have mentioned kids or families . They took the families to enjoy the additional freedom that the uk offered . Risk vs Reward … 

If they were thinking about their family they should not be book signing . 

only ppl in this forum bring this up

it is slap in the face of people who work in grocery stores and mass transit where they are probably exposed more levels of covid . They don’t stop going to work because of fear of covid . They accept the risk take precautions and mitigations and go to work .

why should cricket players be treated  differently. 

Will Jeff Bezos stand in warehouse and pack the packages like  many Amazonians. What kind of logic is that, grocery store worker is working so players have to play. It is their choice not to play and they have a right to take that choice.

They knew what risks they take when they play a sport Philip Hughes died playing the sport.It can happen to these players too. It is their choice to play or not to play. They know he risks associated with going out.As long as no oneclose got infected they were fine too.

Edited by putrevus
3 minutes ago, Finer said:

It does make them rich spoilt children if they go from point A to point B since both of them involves making money have nothing to do with family nor the safety concern. 

The only different is that ipl pays more while risks are even more higher due to shady background of ipl as well as the grounds in Dubai/Abu Dhabi where India has always accused them of match-fixing haven. 

They broke the contract for point B because point B pays more regardless of commitment and responsibilities to honour the contract. 

No they did not break any contract. Now you are all over the place by bringing match fixing into it.If any of the players test positive between now and IPL they will not play and they still would get paid.I am pretty sure if a guys like Rohit and Kohli tested positive in England and could not play IPl, they still would be paid.BCCI has enough money to compensate these players if they miss out on IPL while playing for India. So money part goes out of the window.

So this notion that IPL was main reason behind cancellation is hard to believe.Guys like Rohit did not need extra money to play test cricket but it is his desire to prove himself  in test cricket is the reason.Financially they are well set long time ago , this IPL will not make or break them.Kohli is the driving force to making test cricket relvant again in world of cricket atleast in India. 

To insuate other nonsense is riduclous and insult to their intergrity. The players are more eager to win series than any tom dick and harry .They have worked extremely hard to achieve that goal.

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

Where do you get these ridiculous theories, They work 24/7 on their bodies and that is their work . Their bodies are their investment. You will be responsible if someone in their families get infected or god forbid dies?

You got to work and you maintain social distancing and wear masks. You are doing everything you can to prevent infection. Players cannot do any of that on the field.You going to work is your choice. I don't see why players have to choose your choice.

Why are you bringing money into it. They make more money because someone is paying them well for their talents. No one stopped you from making more money, why do you care how much money they make, are they caring how much money you are making.

I don't understand this nonsense on why people bring money into equation, who cares how much money they make , someone is paying them so good for them.  

Let me simplify the equation.

For all cricket player ==== All about Money.

33 minutes ago, Finer said:

Not talking about players. BCCI broke the contract and failed to honour the commitment. And players serve BCCI - not the other way around. We are not talking about players that respond to BCCI as Authority figure whereas it is BCCI that is held responsible for breaking the contracts. 

It is contract between one cricket board to another cricket board.

You are again all over the place, first you say players are spoil rich kids and blame players  and now you are blaming BCCI.WI players quit in the middle of the tour, did BCCI pile on WICB in court fees like your idiotic PCB  board. No they realized WICB was helpless in that situation and tried to resolve it amicably.Players are the assets if they don't want to play there is nothing any board can do and they have done nothing wrong here.

ECB unlike your Idiotic board has some common sense and will come to a consensus that players were right in having the fear.

3 hours ago, raki05 said:

You are saying it in hindsight. BTW what do you expect players shoul live without family for months. It's easy saying relaxin In your house with your family than really going through it. India was on continuous tour in last one year they ll hardly get time to spend with their families if you put families restrictions. Think practically.

Is a jawan allowed to go to Leh border with china with his family.

matches are business decisions. This is not a phorren trip with non isstaap hangama.

6 minutes ago, Khota said:

Is a jawan allowed to go to Leh border with china with his family.

matches are business decisions. This is not a phorren trip with non isstaap hangama.

No they are not business decisions, this is not war where players have to fight. They are allowed to take their families as they are away from them for months together.Siraj did not go to his father's funeral because he wanted to fulfill his father's dream. Stop crying on their riches.You are sounding bitter about the money they make rather than being happy for them.

Edited by putrevus
4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

So what, is there anything wrong in it. They are earning based on their potential.Why are you having a problem understanding that fact.

I understand that and I have no problem. But if you are scared to play there are other eleven in waiting who can do that. 

Doctors/nurses all get fraction of money and they still get to work.

Pampered bastar%s.

If you cant stand heat get out of the Kitchen.

YARN | If you can't stand the heat, you better stay out of the kitchen. |  RoboCop (1987) | Video gifs by quotes | efdeae9d | 紗

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No they are not business decisions, this is not war where players have to fight. They are allowed to take their families as they are away from them for months together.Siraj did not go to his father's funeral because he wanted to fulfill his father's dream. Stop crying on their riches.You are sounding bitter about the money they make rather than being happy for them.

I just want them to show up for work.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

I understand that and I have no problem. But if you are scared to play there are other eleven in waiting who can do that. 

Doctors/nurses all get fraction of money and they still get to work.

Pampered bastar%s.

If you cant stand heat get out of the Kitchen.

YARN | If you can't stand the heat, you better stay out of the kitchen. |  RoboCop (1987) | Video gifs by quotes | efdeae9d | 紗

So jawan goes to war  does not mean everyone else need to fight the war. Why are bringing money into equation.They are doing just fine facing the heat, it is you who is having problem facing the fact that they are in position to say no.