Unfortunate we ended up in IPL early, hopefully we can maintain strong, bio-secure environment: Virat Kohli

coffee_rules

5 minutes ago, Khota said:

Yes! I dont take my parents to work and I show up for work everyday with mask.

You can show up to your work with mask and keep social distancing, they cannot do that that is why there was cancellation. This is their family life, hotels is where they spend most of their time.

6 hours ago, putrevus said:

So jawan goes to war  does not mean everyone else need to fight the war. Why are bringing money into equation.They are doing just fine facing the heat, it is you who is having problem facing the fact that they are in position to say no.

Who are they to so no. They have to job to perform if they cannot do it then they should let someone else do it.

6 hours ago, putrevus said:

You can show up to your work with mask and keep social distancing, they cannot do that that is why there was cancellation. This is their family life, hotels is where they spend most of their time.

At my work I dont know if anyone has followed the protocol etc. Over in atch there is strict protocol.

8 hours ago, Khota said:

I understand that and I have no problem. But if you are scared to play there are other eleven in waiting who can do that. 

Doctors/nurses all get fraction of money and they still get to work.

Pampered bastar%s.

If you cant stand heat get out of the Kitchen.

YARN | If you can't stand the heat, you better stay out of the kitchen. |  RoboCop (1987) | Video gifs by quotes | efdeae9d | 紗

They stood up to the heat just fine. They fought hard all series to take that 2-1 lead. They fought hard to win that series in Australia. I think they have earned the benefit of the doubt as far as courage and willingness to fight it out are concerned. They are not abandoning a game because they are rich or soft. If they think the risks are real, I believe them. Also this stuff about putting the ipl above test cricket is nuts too. Test cricket has survived in part because of this team’s commitment to it. Personally I don’t really care even if some suits decide in favor of a forfeit. Doesn’t take away what was accomplished on the field of play. Also, rich or not, our players have the right to make prudent decisions about COVID risks etc. In fact, this was a no win situation. Let’s suppose India played and a couple of days later, a few Indian players not only test positive but spread it to the English camp as well. Then the noise level would have been even greater. Nobody would be talking about how responsible the Indians were to show up for work.

12 minutes ago, kirkutfan said:

They stood up to the heat just fine. They fought hard all series to take that 2-1 lead. They fought hard to win that series in Australia. I think they have earned the benefit of the doubt as far as courage and willingness to fight it out are concerned. They are not abandoning a game because they are rich or soft. If they think the risks are real, I believe them. Also this stuff about putting the ipl above test cricket is nuts too. Test cricket has survived in part because of this team’s commitment to it. Personally I don’t really care even if some suits decide in favor of a forfeit. Doesn’t take away what was accomplished on the field of play. Also, rich or not, our players have the right to make prudent decisions about COVID risks etc. In fact, this was a no win situation. Let’s suppose India played and a couple of days later, a few Indian players not only test positive but spread it to the English camp as well. Then the noise level would have been even greater. Nobody would be talking about how responsible the Indians were to show up for work.

Excuses and more excuses. What/if and blah blah. They abandoned and ran away. Not very difficult to understand.

Indians have this mentality. Atleast most of them: "Let me and my family enjoy at expense of Company. I do not care anything beyond my family". 

Why the hell you would take families? If you cannot stay away from family, indicate your unavailability for the tour. There are LOT of youngsters waiting to grab the opportunity.

Enjoying family trip at the expense of others is plain criminality. 

Edited by kepler37b
55 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

Well this is true, but not just an "Indian" thing! You could argue it's more tolerated in India, especially with the babus & Asshole ministers we have who basically set their families up for life while being in the govt!

18 hours ago, Khota said:

I dont care about what padosis say but you saying this about me is hurtful.

This is a contract they have signed. They have to honor it.

Today I will not go to work and claim that the bus on outer ring road had a chance to getting into an accident. It is unfortunate.

what is so hurtful. anyway it was just a joke. its a contract with clauses in it. The same way the surrey match and SA tour was canceled by ECB despite protests from CSA. Its hypocritical that ECB is starting blaming the BCCI now.

I get the stupidity of this whole situation but ECB is not one to talk about it. It makes you feel like they think English players life are more important than Indian ones. Its not the early 20th century no more.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

I dont take my family to Mumbai or Kolkata on business trip either. They just did.

Because you might be going for a month or 2 and may be not always. If you will be away in different country for 6-7 months  almost every years you will also do the same. If not than I would say you are different but not everyone has same mental toughness to live without family for so long.

Edited by raki05
2 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Because you might be going for a month or 2 and may be not always. If you will be away in different country for 6-7 months  almost every years you will also do the same. If not than I would say you are different but not everyone has same mental toughness to live without family for so long.

@Khota however I agree that carrying families on every tour is not good amid covid especially when you have little children with you.

3 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Indians have this mentality. Atleast most of them: "Let me and my family enjoy at expense of Company. I do not care anything beyond my family". 

Why the hell you would take families? If you cannot stay away from family, indicate your unavailability for the tour. There are LOT of youngsters waiting to grab the opportunity.

When you are likely to be on tour and in bubble for nearly 8-9 months, why shouldn't families be allowed? 

They went into a bubble in India on 20th May.

As per earlier schedule, they would have traveled to UAE for IPL on 15th September and stated in a hard bubble. 

Then the T20WC bio bubble from 16th October till 14th Nov (if the team reaches final). 

Then immediately the bio bubble for the home series vs NZ followed immediately by another bio bubble for the tour to SA which goes on till January end.

With such punishing schedule, there is nothing wrong in having families on tours.

Having said that, the players should be mindful that with all those social media pics, it has felt like a big vacation and has been terrible optics.

On 9/14/2021 at 7:51 AM, RedFever said:

Nowhere except on ICF, people are making such a big deal of the last test being canceled. New threads are popping up daily discussing the same topic blaming BCCI and the Indian team. People here are more concerned about themselves not having anything to watch on TV than the players who just went through a 3 month long tour.

Its the best forum to discuss anything Indian cricket, that's why? :dontknow:

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

what is so hurtful. anyway it was just a joke. its a contract with clauses in it. The same way the surrey match and SA tour was canceled by ECB despite protests from CSA. Its hypocritical that ECB is starting blaming the BCCI now.

I get the stupidity of this whole situation but ECB is not one to talk about it. It makes you feel like they think English players life are more important than Indian ones. Its not the early 20th century no more.

What was the exit clause they used. BCCI/Kohli are being arrogant and that is never good. They will end up making enemies that they dont want.

5 hours ago, raki05 said:

5 hours ago, raki05 said:

@Khota however I agree that carrying families on every tour is not good amid covid especially when you have little children with you.

There are many people who work in construction are gone for months without families.