Jump to content
coffee_rules

Unfortunate we ended up in IPL early, hopefully we can maintain strong, bio-secure environment: Virat Kohli

Recommended Posts

On 9/14/2021 at 7:51 AM, RedFever said:

Nowhere except on ICF, people are making such a big deal of the last test being canceled. New threads are popping up daily discussing the same topic blaming BCCI and the Indian team. People here are more concerned about themselves not having anything to watch on TV than the players who just went through a 3 month long tour.

 

Its the best forum to discuss anything Indian cricket, that's why? :dontknow:

Link to post
5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

what is so hurtful. anyway it was just a joke. its a contract with clauses in it. The same way the surrey match and SA tour was canceled by ECB despite protests from CSA. Its hypocritical that ECB is starting blaming the BCCI now.

I get the stupidity of this whole situation but ECB is not one to talk about it. It makes you feel like they think English players life are more important than Indian ones. Its not the early 20th century no more.

What was the exit clause they used. BCCI/Kohli are being arrogant and that is never good. They will end up making enemies that they dont want.

Link to post
5 hours ago, raki05 said:

Because you might be going for a month or 2 and may be not always. If you will be away in different country for 6-7 months  almost every years you will also do the same. If not than I would say you are different but not everyone has same mental toughness to live without family for so long.

 

5 hours ago, raki05 said:

@Khota however I agree that carrying families on every tour is not good amid covid especially when you have little children with you.

 

There are many people who work in construction are gone for months without families.

Link to post

They are not on a tour of duty. Indian taxpayers are not funding these players and their families. BCCI don’t get funds from the government. If BCCI agrees to let them take their families. What is your problem? Tere paise thodi kharch ho rahe isme? Why are you people getting your langots in a wad. Their money their rules. If you don’t like, don’t follow them. Don’t follow their sport. 

Link to post
On 9/14/2021 at 12:24 PM, putrevus said:

When it is not your ass which is on the line, any moron can say  it is not a big deal nobody tested positive so why they did not play the test. When you are dealing wiith little kids who are not vaccinated , it is terrifying thought of carrying the infection to them.

 

The players had every right to be terrfied after their last physio tested positive.Only a moron would downplay that fear.

What you are saying is true but then should the kids not be at home and not following their daddies in every tour?

 

I mean there used to be no WAGs or Kids allowed on tours when Sachin/Dravid etc used to play or even before Kohli became captain in all formats. Boards like ECB or PCB still don't allow it. But Kohli force BCCI now to send entire battalion with the players - wives, kids, maids, aaya, tai,fufa, jija etc. like a family holiday. 3-4 volvo buses are required now to move entire Indian cricket contingent.

 

So no one is forcing the kids to accompany them in Covid time...they can easily stay at home.

 

And before the mental health excuse starts, this family affair is happening even before covid.

 

Also, these players lives in 5 star hotels, fly in chartered/business jets, eat best food prepared by top class chefs....if they are still getting mental issues due to these so called hardships, there will many Indians who want to face such hardship. 

 

Taking wives/kids on tour is optional. So you cannot cancel a test match saying there are kids on this tour, they are not vaccinated and can get covid. Sit at home then.

 

Normally I never drag players personal life bcoz honestly I don't care. But if their personal life is the reason for test match cancellation...people will talk.

 

So @Khota is right...Indian players are much pampered and to an extent where the consider luxury as hardship. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Khota said:

What was the exit clause they used. BCCI/Kohli are being arrogant and that is never good. They will end up making enemies that they dont want.

It doesn't matter. Don't be legalistic. ECB used it and when BCCI use it, ECB claims a moral high ground. They have always acted like that. I suggest you give the same bhashan of not making enemies to the english. Lets see if they take it and follow. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Khota said:

 

 

There are many people who work in construction are gone for months without families.

But why you are picking up only outlier. Just because a construction worker or jawan live without family doesn't mean everyone should. BTW once you became a cricketer you will enjoy that luxry other can whine and cry but they are out of billions who has been chosen to represent India based on their talent, and they deserve their family company on a long overseas tour especially if their employer can afford it and their nature of job doesn't put any constrained to do so.

Link to post
2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Pak players stayed 1 month in Travelodge last summer without family/friends to play 2 test matches. Covid was at its peak back then, so they were not even allowed to roam in corridor.

 

That is called hardship...not what Indian players going through. Indian players probably wont even pee in Travelodge.  

 

Travelodge? Really? Damn the ECB is showing them their Aukaat lol. Indian team gets to stay in Marriots as far as I know, esp the Leeds one :hysterical:

Link to post
27 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

 

Travelodge? Really? Damn the ECB is showing them their Aukaat lol. Indian team gets to stay in Marriots as far as I know, esp the Leeds one :hysterical:

They stayed there last July when covid was rampant, UK was in lockdown and fans were not allowed in the stadium. There is a travelodge next to Southampton stadium where players stayed so they dont have to commute.

 

Normally people work from home in covid time but Pak team did home from work :cantstop:

Link to post
3 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

What you are saying is true but then should the kids not be at home and not following their daddies in every tour?

 

I mean there used to be no WAGs or Kids allowed on tours when Sachin/Dravid etc used to play or even before Kohli became captain in all formats. Boards like ECB or PCB still don't allow it. But Kohli force BCCI now to send entire battalion with the players - wives, kids, maids, aaya, tai,fufa, jija etc. like a family holiday. 3-4 volvo buses are required now to move entire Indian cricket contingent.

 

So no one is forcing the kids to accompany them in Covid time...they can easily stay at home.

 

And before the mental health excuse starts, this family affair is happening even before covid.

 

Also, these players lives in 5 star hotels, fly in chartered/business jets, eat best food prepared by top class chefs....if they are still getting mental issues due to these so called hardships, there will many Indians who want to face such hardship. 

 

Taking wives/kids on tour is optional. So you cannot cancel a test match saying there are kids on this tour, they are not vaccinated and can get covid. Sit at home then.

 

Normally I never drag players personal life bcoz honestly I don't care. But if their personal life is the reason for test match cancellation...people will talk.

 

So @Khota is right...Indian players are much pampered and to an extent where the consider luxury as hardship. 

Your statement is ridiculous,  My grandfather used to walk 25 KM to go to school so should I  have walked 25 KM also to school to prove I was also hard working.

 

Earlier two players were rooming together now each player gets their own. WAGs were not allowed on tours before now they are allowed as BCCI and all other boards want to keep their players happy.Kohli is 100% right WAGs have to be allowed on the tours. Have they done anything to show WAGs are a distraction.Who said other boards don't allow WAGs. 

 

Boards are making billions , so the least they can do is spend money on making the players more comfortable and BCCI is doing it.This team has been in England since early last week of May. Nothing wrong in allowing kids and WAGS  on the tour when England did not have any such restrictions.

 

You want players to be happy, if they go sight seeing or shopping what is the big deal in it. This is the fittest Indian gorup of cricketers and they are rasing their bar every year. what else do you need from them.

 

They are following the law of the land. If England had not allowed vistors no family would have gone.

 

People need to stop bickering about so called comforts and riches. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
4 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

It doesn't matter. Don't be legalistic. ECB used it and when BCCI use it, ECB claims a moral high ground. They have always acted like that. I suggest you give the same bhashan of not making enemies to the english. Lets see if they take it and follow. 

I am not giving bhashan. It is about check and balances and no one seems to put a stop on the power Kohli has.

Link to post
4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

They stayed there last July when covid was rampant, UK was in lockdown and fans were not allowed in the stadium. There is a travelodge next to Southampton stadium where players stayed so they dont have to commute.

 

Normally people work from home in covid time but Pak team did home from work :cantstop:

For them travelodge will be a heaven compared to what they have to endure back in their country ::((

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...