Surrey's trip to Durham off because of Covid-19 positive

Trichromatic

16 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Another one who doesn't blindly support Kohli and Co? You got that right.

I don't think there is anyone here that supports rat. you are not alone. if you can't make the conclusion that ECB is up to its tricks again with this game and the SA tour called canceled and the last test was wrongly called forfeited, I have a real estate on Mars to sell it to you.

7 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I don't think there is anyone here that supports rat. you are not alone. if you can't make the conclusion that ECB is up to its tricks again with this game and the SA tour called canceled and the last test was wrongly called forfeited, I have a real estate on Mars to sell it to you.

Forget about ECB here.  We somehow deflect our anger towards them here and ignoring the fact there was still a chance to play after all were tested negative.  If India was 1-2 i bet my bottom dollar India would not have pulled out. If they had done fans would not have been happy one bit. ECB cancelling a tour that never started is different from cancelling  mid way through. Looks like this can be used as a tool in the future. India could have walked out during the middle of the 4th test once Shastri tested positive. That didn't happen. So the last minute move seems to be arbitrary. Only thing i know so far from Dinesh Karthik is "they were tired there was no  physio since the one that was available got covid".  There was an option of flying another physio from India.  Besides of all the players one "SENIOR" player expressed concerns about playing. Not all.  Everyone else was willing to play the test. ECB chairman did speak to "High profile" player as per reports. Based on the reports Vihari or SKY was going to replace him. So a middle order player. Who is "high profile" in the middle order.  Rat or Pujara ?  This definitely was not a collective decision. It was a decision by an individual and rest merely followed him.

33 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Forget about ECB here.  We somehow deflect our anger towards them here and ignoring the fact there was still a chance to play after all were tested negative.  If India was 1-2 i bet my bottom dollar India would not have pulled out. If they had done fans would not have been happy one bit. ECB cancelling a tour that never started is different from cancelling  mid way through. Looks like this can be used as a tool in the future. India could have walked out during the middle of the 4th test once Shastri tested positive. That didn't happen. So the last minute move seems to be arbitrary. Only thing i know so far from Dinesh Karthik is "they were tired there was no  physio since the one that was available got covid".  There was an option of flying another physio from India.  Besides of all the players one "SENIOR" player expressed concerns about playing. Not all.  Everyone else was willing to play the test. ECB chairman did speak to "High profile" player as per reports. Based on the reports Vihari or SKY was going to replace him. So a middle order player. Who is "high profile" in the middle order.  Rat or Pujara ?  This definitely was not a collective decision. It was a decision by an individual and rest merely followed him.

You talk of a future event taking this event as a precedent. But this event already occurred last year vs SA and the Surrey match getting cancelled. They all happened prior to the canceled test match. If you want to talk about precedents, that backing off from the SA tour is the one not the manchester test.

That tour whether started or not is up for debate. They played the LOI series and CSA has as much right to question the backing off as ECB for financial loss. Why is that put down and this one brought up. I don't trust some ECB reports. They are just as reliable(or not) as BCCI reports. Why are you not trusting our sources but theirs? Surely liars exist there also. English are masters at cunning.

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

You talk of a future event taking this event as a precedent. But this event already occurred last year vs SA and the Surrey match getting cancelled. They all happened prior to the canceled test match. If you want to talk about precedents, that backing off from the SA tour is the one not the manchester test.

That tour whether started or not is up for debate. They played the LOI series and CSA has as much right to question the backing off as ECB for financial loss. Why is that put down and this one brought up. I don't trust some ECB reports. They are just as reliable(or not) as BCCI reports. Why are you not trusting our sources but theirs? Surely liars exist there also. English are masters at cunning.

I don't trust Rat. BCCI either. They are as much crooks as ECB.  I am not going to blindly support either of them. Rat wrote letter late at night to cancel it. It is obviously a last minute pull out.  They will always say "it was a collective decision". Pujara/Rahane who play one format was not going to skip this test. It is Rat that has made this call obviously. 

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

I don't trust Rat. BCCI either. They are as much crooks as ECB.  I am not going to blindly support either of them. Rat wrote letter late at night to cancel it. It is obviously a last minute pull out.  They will always say "it was a collective decision". Pujara/Rahane who play one format was not going to skip this test. It is Rat that has made this call obviously. 

I don't trust or like rat either. but don't let the dislike/distrust take you over and believe the ECB propaganda which is what it is

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

ECB cancelled SA tour midway and there was no way a team without their support staff and 8-10 main players would have played the test next day. 

12 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

It is not a totally outlandish idea as you think. 

Its completely out of the realm of possibility.  Getting a physio from "India" to fly out there, complete quarantine etc, would mean waiting another week or longer.  In what universe is that a viable option?  

Being dissatisfied with the outcome - test cancellation - is one thing.  I'm with you on that.  Playing unsubstantiated blame games making 2 + 2 = 22, is another thing.  Not sure why you are still stuck on this.

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Its completely out of the realm of possibility.  Getting a physio from "India" to fly out there, complete quarantine etc, would mean waiting another week or longer.  In what universe is that a viable option?  

Being dissatisfied with the outcome - test cancellation - is one thing.  I'm with you on that.  Playing unsubstantiated blame games making 2 + 2 = 22, is another thing.  Not sure why you are still stuck on this.

So many people so quickly have lost their marbles. It's just mind-boggling how mind can be clouded and one loses any logical thinking ability!

Just now, rkt.india said:

ECB cancelled SA tour midway and there was no way a team without their support staff and 8-10 main players would have played the test next day. 

Players made the call. Not the Board or even team management. One player by all accounts.  Their explanation is sketchy at best.   Day before the match we all thought match would proceed if tests came back negative. It was negative. 

Infact that was what conveyed. With 2 hours before the toss it was cancelled.  Indians are divided over this issue as well. Many are angry at Ravi shastri at this point.  

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Players made the call. Not the Board or even team management. One player by all accounts.  Their explanation is sketchy at best.   Day before the match we all thought match would proceed if tests came back negative. It was negative. 

Infact that was what conveyed. With 2 hours before the toss it was cancelled.  Indians are divided over this issue as well. Many are angry at Ravi shastri at this point.  

Negative test did not mean much. It just meant they were not positive then but keeping incubation period in mind close contacts of the physio namely Bumrah, Shami, Umesh, Siraj, Ishant, Jadeja, Rohit, Pujara, Pant couldn't have played that game. They would have to be isolated like they isolated the close contacts of Shastri.

https://m.economictimes.com/news/sports/covid-hits-team-india-ravi-shastri-tests-positive-isolated-along-with-other-support-staff-members/articleshow/85946712.cms

Edited by rkt.india