Official: Virat Kohli to step down from captaincy after T20 WC

puneet28

21 minutes ago, sorak said:

I actually opened TOI on my own volition in a long time as your statement made me curious. I believe you were alluding to this article: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/with-dressing-room-drifting-away-virat-kohli-quits-t20-captaincy-but-it-might-not-safeguard-50-over-leadership/articleshow/86266442.cms

Some highlights:

"Beyond the ground, Kohli is literally incommunicado," a former India player, who has seen Kohli's early days of captaincy, told PTI during an informal chat.

"He speaks about communication at media conferences but this is the truth that he has hardly hand-held any player when they needed their captain the most," another cricketer, who is privy to Kohli's chop-and-change policy, said.

However, it is reliably learnt that it might not happen as in the past few months, Kohli has managed to alienate more people -- the players, the support staff, the national selectors and last but not the least the board mandarins.

Wow !  For the first time something near to what many here were alluding to has come out. I think its only due to higher ups in the Board not in a mood to entertain his arrogance. Further more monkey act by him, board will screw him fair & sqaure !

Now things are making lot more sense . 

- Why Dhawan & Chahal were not selected.

- Why Ash got selected.

-Mentor in MSD .

-  Stepping down of Ravi Shastri.

- Likely dislodging of support team

29 minutes ago, sorak said:

I actually opened TOI on my own volition in a long time as your statement made me curious. I believe you were alluding to this article: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/with-dressing-room-drifting-away-virat-kohli-quits-t20-captaincy-but-it-might-not-safeguard-50-over-leadership/articleshow/86266442.cms

Some highlights:

"Beyond the ground, Kohli is literally incommunicado," a former India player, who has seen Kohli's early days of captaincy, told PTI during an informal chat.

"He speaks about communication at media conferences but this is the truth that he has hardly hand-held any player when they needed their captain the most," another cricketer, who is privy to Kohli's chop-and-change policy, said.

However, it is reliably learnt that it might not happen as in the past few months, Kohli has managed to alienate more people -- the players, the support staff, the national selectors and last but not the least the board mandarins.

Ye To Kothili ka charitraharan kar diya Be ! Kahan hai VK  PR Brigade . Koi to bachao .

4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Short term, India doesn't play that much t20s anyway

Jada candidate bh nahi hai filhaal,who else

Rahul?Pant?Bumrah?Pandya?

If you were BCCI who would you have gone for?

First of all that tweet has been removed. Proper paid account stuff. 

Secondly - I would still go with Rohit. 

He can play for two years and I don't think we require a long term captain for t20s atleast. 

In odis till 2023 I will have Rohit, amongst youngsters both Kl and Pant don't really impress me as captains, I would wait till 23 to decide on the next captain. 

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

We don't have ATG team. None of Test, ODIs or T20 teams are settled. 

3 hours ago, mishra said:

And why? Specially in batting department.

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Clearly things are not right in the dressing room

Long back I identified him as one who is deliberately bringing down our batting department and effing our newbies so that he can remain as most vallued and hyped player.

this guy has done irreparable damage to Team India and its fans. A nation of bat lover We don’t have any batsman.

2 minutes ago, Adamant said:

The tweet has been removed. Lol

It was nothing but a move to create some hype and conspiracy. 

Its in TOI too. The tweet was just using the source.Removed due to backlash.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/with-dressing-room-drifting-away-virat-kohli-quits-t20-captaincy-but-it-might-not-safeguard-50-over-leadership/articleshow/86266442.cms