Official: Virat Kohli to step down from captaincy after T20 WC

puneet28

1 minute ago, Lord said:

Well I won't actually believe all this, I have seen all this drama during the Chappell era too. 

Toilet paper is the last thing I"ll believe. 

"According to sources" is probably the most misused phrase. If this turns out to be actually true then it's really very petty from Kohli although I don't think this is true as Rohit was involved in all the decision making, even when Kohli decided to step down as t20 captain. 

1 minute ago, Adamant said:

Well I won't actually believe all this, I have seen all this drama during the Chappell era too. 

Toilet paper is the last thing I"ll believe. 

"According to sources" is probably the most misused phrase. If this turns out to be actually true then it's really very petty from Kohli although I don't think this is true as Rohit was involved in all the decision making, even when Kohli decided to step down as t20 captain. 

Possible. I just hope it doesnt affect our chances in WT20.

4 minutes ago, Adamant said:

First of all that tweet has been removed. Proper paid account stuff. 

Secondly - I would still go with Rohit. 

He can play for two years and I don't think we require a long term captain for t20s atleast. 

In odis till 2023 I will have Rohit, amongst youngsters both Kl and Pant don't really impress me as captains, I would wait till 23 to decide on the next captain. 

Planting of such tweets happen

No dhuaa without aag

There is noone in the horizon beyond Rohit at this point of time to lead this side,

Unfortunately for his detractors,Rohit came out most as consistent batsman in England,so he made his case super strong,so what if its different format altogether

46 minutes ago, Adamant said:

@Ankit_sharma03 I can't find this tweet on this person's id?

Looks like he removed it, accounts like these are paid to create controversies 

he has mentioned he removed it coz he was getting a lot of abuses

No i hve been following him for long, he wont put anything without a source of info 

E_bLCr0VcAIDl91?format=jpg&name=medium

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/with-dressing-room-drifting-away-virat-kohli-quits-t20-captaincy-but-it-might-not-safeguard-50-over-leadership/articleshow/86266442.cms

So , Kohli gave reason that its because of workload. RCB captaincy is not workload. 

Every expert on Arnab show, almost give a hint that before being kicked, he is throwing tantrums because he sees Shashtri and camp getting chucked by BCCI despite him supporting and this is a ploy to prolong his hold on BCCI and way to hold onto odi and test captaincy . They all are unhappy about twitter resignation 

1 hour ago, mishra said:

So , Kohli gave reason that its because of workload. RCB captaincy is not workload. 

Every expert on Arnab show, almost give a hint that before being kicked, he is throwing tantrums because he sees Shashtri and camp getting chucked by BCCI despite him supporting and this is a ploy to prolong his hold on BCCI and way to hold onto odi and test captaincy . They all are unhappy about twitter resignation 

It is actually a master stroke from Kohli to checkmate BCCI. The workload part is all hogwash. He knew he was out as T20 captain 100%. All this announcement is doing is that firstly, he is showing as though he is going out on his own terms and secondly, he is protecting his ODI captaincy. If he would have got kicked out, he would have lost both. With bevda out as coach, nobody really has his back and the graceful thing for him to do would have been to give up captaincy across all formats.

Edited by Texan

Groupism evident in Indian cricket

Group 1

Virat Kohli
Ravi Shastri
Bharat Arun
Yuzi Chahal
Shikhar Dhawan
Hardik Pandya
Ravi Jadeja

Group 2

Rohit Sharma
MSD
Ravi Ashwin
Rishabh Pant
Sourav Ganguly
Jay Shah
Jasprit Bumrah
Surya Kumar Yadav
Anil Kumble
Sunil Gavaskar
Gautam Gambhir

Group 1 was powerful till before WTC final, but now after losing the final, Group 2 has emerged as the more powerful group

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he has mentioned he removed it coz he was getting a lot of abuses

No i hve been following him for long, he wont put anything without a source of info 

E_bLCr0VcAIDl91?format=jpg&name=medium

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/with-dressing-room-drifting-away-virat-kohli-quits-t20-captaincy-but-it-might-not-safeguard-50-over-leadership/articleshow/86266442.cms

How can a 34 year old Rohit be a successor to Kohli. Kohli is right. Making Rahul and Pant VC would be right decision.

Finally some good news but is it, He still wants to captain during the world cup. His stepping down will be welcomed if it was immediate. May lose another world cup because of him. He still intends to captain the test and ODI side :lol:. In tests, we have little choice but ODIs we have several. I guess he will lose another 50 over WC before giving up captaincy there also. If he gives up captaincy in all formats, we can make the case that he is concentrating more on his batting. with this, i don't think so. i guess he is doing this out of fan pressure and latest news coming out of BCCI. I guess the BCCI have spoken to him like the Australian selectors used to do with senior players - leave on your own or we will strip you of your captaincy

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

How can a 34 year old Rohit be a successor to Kohli. Kohli is right. Making Rahul and Pant VC would be right decision.

A 37 year old Kumble was successor to Dravid as test captain. Did a fairly good job during the transition period of an year and moved on.

With 2023 WC two years away, the timing works perfectly for Rohit to take over till 2023 WC (and next WTC in 2023) and then pass it onto a younger captain. Will give him the sufficient time to build 'his' team for the 2023 WC.

11 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

What a nasty guy. Rohit's rise as a test batsman at the time when he himself has been abysmal must be the biggest trigger point. 

I hope he gets removed as a captain right away.

Kohli seems like a very jealous type. Rohit scored 5 centuries in WC19 while he scored none. He couldn't digest Rohit becoming the best batsman in the side and his own form went south. Whenever Kohli desperately wants to do well, he puts too much pressure on himself and fails. Now he is at a point where just maintaining a decent average for a series and scoring an occasional hundred is beyond him. So he has taken to backroom tactics to derail his own teammate. 

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Due to performance & merit as captain.  At what age Mike Brearly was reinstated as captain ?.  

BTW , Rohit will be captain for another 2+ years and in the meantime somone younger will be groomed  as vice captain in all 3 formats .