With Ravi Shastri's tenure coming to an end after the T20 World Cup next month, the BCCI is set to approach Anil Kumble for the role of Team India head coach again. Now VVS Laxman as well

26 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Man I like Kumble, but is 'restoring Kumble's reputation' more important than the team doing well? 

There's nothing to suggest that Kumble would make a good coach. His IPL stint has been underwhelming. His last India stint was a disaster. Wether it was his fault or the players it doesn't matter. The fact is it didn't work. Why go back. 

no it wasn't

24 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Man I like Kumble, but is 'restoring Kumble's reputation' more important than the team doing well? 

There's nothing to suggest that Kumble would make a good coach. His IPL stint has been underwhelming. His last India stint was a disaster. Wether it was his fault or the players it doesn't matter. The fact is it didn't work. Why go back. 

You are arguing against a person who would like Indian Cricket to get destroyed just to show that Kohli did it. 

Bcci definitely connected with players to discuss about Kumble and didn't just made him resign on hearsay. 

This guy just cries and tries to spread rumours. 

2 minutes ago, Lord said:

I thought results mattered when you declared Kohli the best Asian captain of all time..

Players dont like Kohli either

Under Kumble we lost ct 17 and didn't do much even in tests, combine this with players disliking him. 

I don't think the players dislike Kohli, I haven't heard any proper stuff to suggest that.  

1 minute ago, Adamant said:

Under Kumble we lost ct 17 and didn't do much even in tests, combine this with players disliking him. 

I don't think the players dislike Kohli, I haven't heard any proper stuff to suggest that.  

what stuff you heard of players disliking Kumble?

We achieved no. 1 ranking in Tests under him. Was a short stint so we didnt tour SENA.

1 hour ago, AuxiliA said:

Became mentor at the underperforming MI in Jan 2013, and they won their first IPL and later also won CLT20. Won the IPL again in 2015. Why would you not consider it?

1 hour ago, prudent_kreeda said:

But he has refused it seems . He makes enough money as MI coach , in Hundreds , now he will be in demand in BB too.  Does make much difference plus more relaxed job perhaps,

Yeah that maybe the case.  Andy flower is the other choice another amazing & proven option.  Somehow should rope in Gillespie as well as Bowling coach. 

Just now, Lord said:

Bharat Arun is doing very well as bowling coach

He has done a great job but it's time for someone new.  Jason Gillespie transformed Ishant Sharma literally after years of his mediocre performances.  Imagine what he will do to our young guys like Siraj Prasidh etc who have loads of Potential. 

11 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

He has done a great job but it's time for someone new.  Jason Gillespie transformed Ishant Sharma literally after years of his mediocre performances.  Imagine what he will do to our young guys like Siraj Prasidh etc who have loads of Potential. 

Fair point.. issue is these aussies are touchy feely about quarantine etc

3 hours ago, speedheat said:

Keep that chomu Laxman as far away from  Indian team as possible.

He has a strong trundler bias,

He'll destroy our fast bowling.

srh fast bowlers who gets to

play under vvs

Sid kaul

sandeep sharma

Srh 135 140 mph trundler who dont get to

play

basil thampi

17 minutes ago, neel roy said:

srh fast bowlers who gets to

play under vvs

Sid kaul

sandeep sharma

Srh 135 140 mph trundler who dont get to

play

basil thampi

sandeep sharma is one of those seasoned guys who makes up for the lack of pace though with skill. I would pick him over Thampi in a heartbeat in T20.

Kind of like Unadkut, he has his utility in some conditions.

They'll help to choose the next coach, none of them will be the coach .

Although I won't mind if Kumble is again given the job ,I am pretty sure he would have learnt after the past experience with the players and toned his headmaster style a bit.

Also high time our batsmen learn to play spin ,Kumble surely will be a help in that case