With Ravi Shastri's tenure coming to an end after the T20 World Cup next month, the BCCI is set to approach Anil Kumble for the role of Team India head coach again. Now VVS Laxman as well

19 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Yes. He will.

Do you think his sole monkey antics in field is without a reason. He knows, others don’t respect him because he has been exposed. You reap what you sow.

on this icf itself, people were unhappy about our other seniors including MSD during later part if career,  but not many were of view that MSD doesn’t deserve respect.

Kohli will be kicked out soon. He is there bcos of politics and politics alone

4 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Coaching india in next two years will be a very stressful job. Lot of big names need to be phased out. Balance multiple captains and their egos. 3 World cups and a wtc final. And all of this under various bubbles

I would be happy with 1 or 2 wins out of the 4. T20 is a 50 50 game. 

Odi WC is definitely possible. I don't even understand why people here are being pessimistic. I guess kohli being there is a valid reason to doubt our chances but I am sure even pannuati won't lose at home. 

T20 WC in Australia will be again 50 50. We do have a chance. 

Next WTC is definitely possible too as long as we drop bumrah vs n.z in the finals should Kiwis make it. 

The only team booms has struggled with is n.z. not sure if it's his bogey team or they just caught him at the right time. He was under cooked in terms of prep on both occasions. 

I think he will bounce back next time. Too good a player to not be able to dismantle n.z who are only truly good in seaming wickets. 

I dont think Kumble is bad coach , but with Kohli at the helm, it is a wrong precedent to back Kumble for the top job as we know that they dont have good relationship..With Kohli, they need a yes man like Shastri who can also give motivational speech, and back their ideas without hurting their ego..Kumble should coach some smaller team where he can do very well..Its best to hire some gora coach like mike hesssen or simon katich..

In Punjab

• they dropped bishnoi when opp had to many lefties 
  • senseless picks in auction or now n then badly constructed batting order

In SRH

• No express pacer is picked in auction
  • Still shows more faith in Jadhav n pandey 

Ab batao ye log coach banege , dono ka ek hi funda hai take ur time n then start playing shots. N ppl say kohli n dhoni were biased, what about ganguly who wants his team mates in coaching position. I wnt be surprised if Sehwag, nehra, bhajji all these names started to pop up

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In Punjab

In SRH

Ab batao ye log coach banege , dono ka ek hi funda hai take ur time n then start playing shots. N ppl say kohli n dhoni were biased, what about ganguly who wants his team mates in coaching position. I wnt be surprised if Sehwag, nehra, bhajji all these names started to pop up

Ravi Shastri picked Jadhav and Shankar for the ODI WC, kept picking Pandey in T20Is, preferred Saha and Dhawan over Pant and Gill, kept Siraj and Sundar on the sidelines. But he is a great coach, nahin?

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
7 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Ravi Shastri picked Jadhav and Shankar, the ODI WC, kept picking Pandey in T20Is, preferred Saha and Dhawan over Pant and Gill, kept Siraj and Sundar on the sidelines. But he is a great coach, nahin?

In franchise cricket, coach does the selection similar to football.. Indian cricket is totally different that too with Kohli at the helm

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Ravi Shastri picked Jadhav and Shankar for the ODI WC, kept picking Pandey in T20Is, preferred Saha and Dhawan over Pant and Gill, kept Siraj and Sundar on the sidelines. But he is a great coach, nahin?

Coach has no role in selection matters. 

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In Punjab

In SRH

I fear if Kumble becomes Coach with Virat as Kaptain in Tests & One dayers - Indian cricket is not going to benefit in anyway . BCCI should look to make a frictionless transiton  from Virat to a new captain over a period of time . 

Ideally  they should select a new Coach for short format and plan the change in Captaincy for 50 overs . Kumble may be OK for Tests but for short format looks NO NO.

Last part should be change of captaincy of Tests - which can be planned in next 1-1.5 years.  

Better to bring in a Foreign Coach for next 2 years to settle things down as of now.

But all depends on how our Spoilt Child takes it . If he just minds about his batsmanship without creating any ruckus in team it would work. 

If he does not mend his way , BCCI would have no option but take things in its hands totally. 

Edited by prudent_kreeda
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

A lot depends on the franchise too. In this one the owners meddle a lot. And the guys who make the picks in the auction are not that great either. That is a weird squad that makes no sense. I really doubt that the Punjab Kings will just let Kumble take charge and run the operation. It’s a nice paycheck for Kumble. But I wouldn’t judge him on his Punjab Kings record