With Ravi Shastri's tenure coming to an end after the T20 World Cup next month, the BCCI is set to approach Anil Kumble for the role of Team India head coach again. Now VVS Laxman as well

None of the Indian legends please. We have just stumbled upon one of the greatest pace attack line up in history. No VVS or Kumble even though I feel Kumble did get short changed last time.

Get a fresh new coach with some innovative ideas. I would suggest Abhishek Nayar as an out of the box appointment. He has given a lot of 2nd lease of life to a lot of players including DK,Uthappa,Rahane etc and will work well with Rohit.  Make Kumble, VVS or some other legend a team director or something to keep peace among the boyz.

No Dhoni either because that will be a disaster.

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Get a fresh new coach with some innovative ideas. I would suggest Abhishek Nayar as an out of the box appointment. He has given a lot of 2nd lease of life to a lot of players including DK,Uthappa,Rahane etc and will work well with Rohit.  

Yup like that idea. Seems an astute guy and has shown he can work with the stars and mould them.

But dont think his name is big enough to be considered. Unfortunately thats how we go about things, theirs a hierarchy for everything.

16 hours ago, Adamant said:

Kumble's stint as coach of kings eleven Punjab tells us that he is not much of a master strategist. 

His selection and tactics leave a lot to be desired, the results were also there for everyone to see. 

Kumble doesn’t decide anything for the Punjab Kings. Let’s make the real decider- Preity Zinta-the coach. Win a World Cup get a hug. Boys will play well..

3 hours ago, maniac said:

None of the Indian legends please. We have just stumbled upon one of the greatest pace attack line up in history. No VVS or Kumble even though I feel Kumble did get short changed last time.

Get a fresh new coach with some innovative ideas. I would suggest Abhishek Nayar as an out of the box appointment. He has given a lot of 2nd lease of life to a lot of players including DK,Uthappa,Rahane etc and will work well with Rohit.  Make Kumble, VVS or some other legend a team director or something to keep peace among the boyz.

No Dhoni either because that will be a disaster.

Agree, in theory.  

But unfortunately, we have a superstar worship culture and are quick to insult/deride anyone who was not an alpha and the best of the best. "What did he achieve as a batsman or bowler that he can teach these other guys?"  Will our own top superstar players respect and cooperate with someone who has never played a test, no matter what his coaching credentials are?  Or if he tries to rein them in or coach, will they go with "tu kya sikhayega?  I've already achieved more than you, idiot!"  Until we lost that attitude, good coaches who were not superstar players - like Praveen Amre, for example - will never get an opportunity.  

Have allways maintained, Only oroblem in Indian cricket gold is Kohl. For this man its all about money and he keeps playing politics. Doesn’t gives two hoots about fans, teams trophies and has a PR team to manage his calculated tantrums. 

I don’t buy anything coming from his PR camp including idea that Kumble was headmaster. We had spineless/sinister CoA which was bending in front of everyone(ICC, Kohli) just so that they can sell BCCI to other boards.Greedy Kohli exploited the situation. Its time things are righted

Edited by mishra
4 minutes ago, mishra said:

Have allways maintained, Only oroblem in Indian cricket gold is Kohl. For this man its all about money and he keeps playing politics. Doesn’t gives two hoots about fans, teams trophies and has a PR team to manage his calculated tantrums. 

I don’t buy anything coming from his PR team including idea that Kumble was headmaster. We had spineless/sinister CoA which was bending in front of everyone(ICC, Kohli) just so that they can sell BCCI to other boards. Its time wrings are righted

Kumble was captain for a while and his teammates had only nice things to say about him. MSD carried him on his shoulders for lap of honour after his last match. 

22 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Became mentor at the underperforming MI in Jan 2013, and they won their first IPL and later also won CLT20. Won the IPL again in 2015. Why would you not consider it?

On top of this , let me reiterate the credentials of Kumble for those who have forgotten.. 

- He balanced his cricket career with an engineering degree from one of the premier colleges of Karnataka..

- Reinvented his bowling after a not so successful 1990 tour of Eng and then did get the man of series in the 1992 Eng tour of India. 

- Successfully ran his IT solutions company along with his brother

- Highest wicket taker for India

- As an administrator , Karnataka cricket was revamped and had their greatest success under him as the KSCA president.. 

1 hour ago, diga said:

On top of this , let me reiterate the credentials of Kumble for those who have forgotten.. 

- He balanced his cricket career with an engineering degree from one of the premier colleges of Karnataka..

- Reinvented his bowling after a not so successful 1990 tour of Eng and then did get the man of series in the 1992 Eng tour of India

- Successfully ran his IT solutions company along with his brother

- Highest wicket taker for India

- As an administrator , Karnataka cricket was revamped and had their greatest success under him as the KSCA president.. 

Means squat in reference to Coaching capabilities.