Does winning ICC tournaments reflect how good a team is?

maniac

17 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Played a blinder against RSA.

Was good.

One of the best bowlers in that WC, 25 avg and ER of 4.2 on those pattas.....only saving grace in SF as well.

Did you even watch that WC?

Ashwin is a good bowler but he is not suited for odi on those bouncy flat wickets. For tests ? Sure. At the time i mean. He drastically improved now. 

cmon man mohit sharma? Yea even joginder Singh won us a t20 tournament. Doesn't mean he can be classed as a good bowler. 

Just compare the quality to now. Rahane wouldn't stand a chance vs sky. 

Bumrah 

Shami

Pandya -I don't like him but he adds a new dimension to the tea.

Siraj - will be good soon

Thakur add depth. 

Much better quality now. 

Add Rahul and Pant in middle order and now its more dynamic.

The 2019 loss was a farce. Played on a wet day 2 pitch. 

18 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Aus had 25+ consecutive wins in WC between 1999 and 2007 editions.

Won 2 *ing WCs undefeated. 

Insult to compare this garbage Indian ODI side with them. GOAT for a reason. 

Ofcourse. That I agree with. What would you say about 2011 vs 2019 England? I believe 2011 would wreck them on pattas and turners.

But let's be honest. What kind of quality teams did the play against in 2000- 2006 period. India had piss poor bowling. Pak had one bowler. 

Saffers had nitini etc. 

England had rubbish odi bowling. 

Edited by Jay
12 minutes ago, Jay said:

Ashwin is a good bowler but he is not suited for odi on those bouncy flat wickets. For tests ? Sure. At the time i mean. He drastically improved now. 

cmon man mohit sharma? Yea even joginder Singh won us a t20 tournament. Doesn't mean he can be classed as a good bowler. 

Check the bowling numbers of Mohit and Ashwin in that WC. Numbers don't lie, they were exceptional in the group stage. In SF except Ashwin others had a bad day. 

Ashwin declined in ODIs starting from 2016, even rule changes rendered finger spinners obsolete. 

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

Just compare the quality to now. Rahane wouldn't stand a chance vs sky. 

I don't like Rahane but that knock against (favorites) RSA was a stunner. 

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

Ofcourse. That I agree with. What would you say about 2011 vs 2019 England? I believe 2011 would wreck them on pattas and turners.

2011 India better on most pitches, only on 350+ pattas I'll give the edge to Eng. 

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

But let's be honest. What kind of quality teams did the play against in 2000- 2006 period. India had piss poor bowling. Pak had one bowler. 

Saffers had nitini etc. 

England had rubbish odi bowling. 

Saffers had Kirsten/Smith, Gibbs, Kallis, Pollock, Ntini, Donald and Rhodes (till 2003), Klusener...brilliant team.

Pak, SL, WI of 2000s stronger than today's versions. 

Ind was ok but starting to take shape with many youngsters (Yuvi, Zaheer, Sehwag, Dhoni, Gambhir) breaking through.

Current NZ/Eng much stronger. Even BD but hardly matters. 

30 minutes ago, Gollum said:

2011 India better on most pitches, only on 350+ pattas I'll give the edge to Eng. 

Saffers had Kirsten/Smith, Gibbs, Kallis, Pollock, Ntini, Donald and Rhodes (till 2003), Klusener...brilliant team.

Pak, SL, WI of 2000s stronger than today's versions. 

Ind was ok but starting to take shape with many youngsters (Yuvi, Zaheer, Sehwag, Dhoni, Gambhir) breaking through.

Current NZ/Eng much stronger. Even BD but hardly matters. 

Pak sl had poor bowling though. Only shoaib. Past it wasim for a bit. People look at names due to nostalgia but peak performance falters when when are older and past your prime. 

It wasn't a good bowling attack imo in all honesty. 

Lanka is well lanka. No real pace bowlers. Chaminda was medium fast at best. Malinga was good but one dimensional. 

Would love to see 2011 india vs punters Aussies. Would be a close game. 

Hell current team if they get the selections right they will win 2023 world cup.