England's tour of Pakistan (both men and women) called off by ECB due to security concerns

Gollum

5 minutes ago, zen said:

In Pak too we did see a meltdown ... Just move on. It is just cricket :dontknow:

I am not saying such things are exclusive to Pak, even in Ind, we have extremists who would proclaim that BCCI break away from ICC at the drop of a hat. 

Pakistanis and Indians do more harm to their respective countries than any outside force. 

A lot of Indian fans on social media are horrendous tbf. I’ve been accused of racism and supporting colonialism on there just for being an Englishman sticking up for our players and making a joke about Anderson and Ronaldo (the GOATs) being in the same locality before the Test that never was

Edited by YCCC
21 minutes ago, YCCC said:

A lot of Indian fans on social media are horrendous tbf. I’ve been accused of racism and supporting colonialism on there just for being an Englishman sticking up for our players and making a joke about Anderson and Ronaldo (the GOATs) being in the same locality before the Test that never was

:lol:  ... Ad hominem is a typical logical fallacy used in the subcon. 

Edited by zen
18 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Many of them may be part of paid PR of some celeb/cricketer, like Kohli. They abuse even Indian fans when Kohli is mocked, worse with fan armies of Bollywood stars and BTS (K-pop group). 

Also some don't understand British sarcasm, humor...by 'some' I mean millions, not being well versed in English too can be a reason. Hindi SM is usually more light-hearted and full of memes, humor, self-deprecating posts, and I am sure it is the same with other regional languages like Bengali, Punjabi, Malayalam, Tamil etc. When it isn't your mother tongue, more chance of misunderstanding, overextending, taking slight over trivial things and hence people may try to overcompensate, be rude or aggressive. 

Edited by Gollum

What kind of thought must be going through ex PCB chief Ehsan Mani whom Kali dal replaced with Ramiz. 

Any views from him anywhere? It just took a fortnight for Rameez bhai to undo all the hard work of Mr Mani.

Reminds me of wasseypur” Chutiya hai ye imprtant nahi hai, hamara betaa hai, ye important hai”

Edited by mishra
25 minutes ago, sandeep said:

wtf is this silliness.  how is this guy on TV?  

Arnab is a rock star, puts asses on seats more than any cricketer or movie star. When there are other important developments he manages to make it all about himself. Republic once went an entire month with prime time debates only about him. Face of Indian TV, just look at the volume of memes he generates on a daily basis, every 3rd meme is something related to Arnab or comedy on Republic TV.

Desi Trump or Simon Cowell with a little bit of Gordon Ramsay somewhere, talking only about the TV personality bit :phehe:....has made news similar to attitude era WWF shows.

Oscar worthy segments

And don't tell me you aren't entertained

So much content out there, thanks to Arnab Indian news broadcast has become number one source of entertainment (and no news!!!!!). Channels like Peeing Human have 100s of videos about our prime time masterpieces. 

Edited by Gollum
4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Don't disrespect Indian legend :nono:

This is an Indian forum and some things amount to blasphemy here. You as a mod should know :hitler:

He may not be allways righ(afterall human) I kind of see his fight with Mumbai Police chief and Thakares and Sonia and Pawar and rest of media ( taking on all 5 parallely) as most daring in modern media history. Its a miracle that he survived it allthough, I can see that he has toned down since then. His network has been suspended in UK. Thank you to YouTube that i can still catch his news/views

3 minutes ago, mishra said:

Mumbai Police chief and Thakares and Sonia and Pawar and rest of media ( taking on all 5 parallely) as most daring in modern media history.

The Mumbai police chief and the home minister all in doldrums now..both parties played the oldest game of one upmanship which started with SENA leaving bjp, SSR death and subsequent investigation fiasco to the idiotic bomb planting in a car by ex super cop and then the revealations..

3 hours ago, Lord said:

he'll get a lot of hate specially being Muslim.

I am ready to get hate from a lot of progressive types and others for this  but always thought there was an account handler behind his tweets just like most celebrities have. I mean looking at a guy with a huge pious and pure beard and having such a great sense of humor, there was something weird about that. Felt there was a disconnect.Didn’t want to say it. Also whenever I saw his interviews etc his Twitter personality didn’t reflect either. Seemed like a regular joe analyst like Akash Chopra, Murali Karthik etc.

I am not going to totally call him an agent or a traitor for this tweet. That was a reasonable opinion and he has the right to express it as a citizen of a free and democratic country.

Edited by maniac
Just now, maniac said:

I am ready to get hate from a lot of progressive types and others for this  but always thought there was an account handler for his tweets. I mean looking at a guy with a huge pious and pure beard and having such a great sense of humor, there was something weird about that. Didn’t want to say it. Also whenever I saw his interviews etc his Twitter personality didn’t reflect either. Seemed like a regular joe analyst like Akash Chopra, Murali Karthik etc.

I am not going to totally call him an agent or a traitor for this tweet. That was a reasonable opinion and he has the right to express it as a citizen of a free and democratic country.

Why does every single racist or bigot always start with - oh i am the poor victom here because i am goibg to be a bigoted piece.of shite but am afraid i will be called out? Is that  something taught to every bigot? Because every single one of you follow this formula

Amd what is "progressive types"? Common decent men who are not racist or bigots?

5 minutes ago, New guy said:

Why does every single racist or bigot always start with - oh i am the poor victom here because i am goibg to be a bigoted piece.of shite but am afraid i will be called out? Is that  something taught to every bigot? Because every single one of you follow this formula

Amd what is "progressive types"? Common decent men who are not racist or bigots?

have you heard the saying never judge a book by its cover?

I am assuming we all have

have you ever judged a book by its cover.

I am assuming most of us at some point have but I guess you never have.

Having said that how many mullah looking funny social media celebrities do you know? It’s a different thing how seriously Jaffer takes his religion, I don’t know but he does rock that ever growing beard and not in a hipster kind of way one expects from his tweets. At least I am acknowledging my guilt for partly  judging him

Edited by maniac
3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Wasim Jaffer first Indian cricket to do a pro-Pakistan tweet

The @TheRealPCB have every reason to be disappointed with the ECB. Pak and WI toured England last year during pandemic before vaccines. England owes so much to both Pak and WI. Least ECB could do is not cancel the reciprocal tours. There are no winners when cricket is cancelled.

Terrible timing.

He is just rubbing more :phehe:

Hope Jaffer doesn't get hate, but not optimistic cos SM can be brutal. His choice of words could have been better, and of course the timing was bad....terror threat is serious and after what happened to SL in 2009, no wonder some boards will be extra cautious especially if they get certain kind of intel signals/reports. Life is more important than sports, and if something bad happens to even one member of touring party, it can have serious ramifications (political, social) back home. 

If NZ made it all the way to Pak, stayed and trained there for a week, and had to pull out last minute there must have been some serious security threat. Taliban takeover next door has changed everything in that region, and to think there are so many outfits in Pak inspired by Afghan Taliban:facepalm: