PCB Charged 27 Lakh for Biriyani Served to Security Officials Hired for New Zealand Cricket Team-Reports

Trichromatic

I still don’t get it .. is 27 lakh sunk cost … I.e does PCB have a biriyani contractor for the tour and paid him upfront prior to the tour ? 

or is it the biriyani vendors across Pakistan brining a lawsuit on NZ team for potential loss of business with cancellation of tour ?

56 minutes ago, maniac said:

Then the question would be why it is so damn expensive in Pakistan. I thought streets flow with ghosht and Biryani is available like Mcdonalds $1 meal in Pakistan.

PakMil profit quota.  Even fertilizer in Pakistan has a profit 'cut' for lumber vun phaujj.  

It's reasonable for so many personnel.

One thing I have seen is Pakistani's eat a lot, a ton of food. In Lahore, Bhatt's are known to have good appetite lol.

Here is Interior Minister of Pakistan, actually if you search Sheikh Rasheed eating, you will find lots of disgusting clips -

They just added the number of 550 security guard to show off.  Actual number could be 50 lol. It is just a head count, if you shout in india ,1000 people will come out from street. the sheer number of humans we have are unbelievable. 

27 lakhs is like 13 lakh Indian rupees.

500 people day and night for multiple days, probably had to order it from the luxury hotels.

adds up...not sure there is much corruption going on,

As people have posted Biryani is a high margin dish. Its is deemed to be luxury but the truth is that it by western standards is a poor mans dish. 80% is rice which is cheap. The cost of the masala and the meat (which can cost high) is a much smaller proportion of the dish. Western dishes are nearly 80% meat with some veggies or carbs on the side.