Texan

MI middle order form should worry India

4 minutes ago, Texan said:

Kishan

SKY

Pandya

All in our squad for T20 WC and all look woefully out of form. Add to that Kohli's slow batting and we are looking down a rabbit hole. 

Even Rahul is slow and Rohit is as well. We'd do well to make it past the group stage based on current batting form. Our bowling has to carry us.

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

KL Rahul should stop playing tuk tuk cricket. He is the only one who is capable of going after bowling from the get go. But he is deliberately taking time.

His side folds as soon as he and Mayank get out. This is why he is careful in my opinion. Despite that still striking at decent pace more often than not. He should be able to lift that strike rate a bit come WT20 as he will have better depth. His form has been good.

I am more concerned about Rohit right now. He is not carrying on.

I think they should get someone like Kishan, Pant to open with Rohit. Push KLR to no.5 

I am overall not super hopeful of our chances but still positive that it may happen.

On 9/26/2021 at 6:50 PM, Banton said:

Rahul Chahar also has been ordinary.

He needs to be replaced with D Chahar/ Thakur, we have enough spinners.

Jaddu will be in the first 11, along with Varun/Axar/Ashwin.

Ideally also replace Shami/Bhuvi with Thakur/D Chahar, potentially S Iyer with Kishan (not sure) and hope Sky and Hardik gets back on form.

On 9/27/2021 at 1:35 AM, asterix said:

There’s still time for BCCI to kick out the overhyped MI middle order players and select players who are in form. Else disaster awaits in T20WC…

Mate remember how the decision to replace Rayudu with Shankar at the last minute turned out during the WC. Can replace a maximum of one player like Kishan, no one else rightfully needs to be replaced at the last minute.